Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Forest match thread

What a result. Created plenty of chances. Second half did Forest have any kind of decent chance?

Brilliant result and let''s not forget we never deserved to lose against Stoke either. Scum going bottom is the icing on the cake!

The atmosphere today was unreal. Its our club again. Fans and players totally unified. Incredible stuff. We''re building a real head of steam now.

That is a properly brilliant result. Would have been so easy to lose momentum following Stoke and an international break and falling behind.

Full credit to everyone.

Looks like it doesn''t it? At half time with WBA threatening to score any minute we''d have been 9 points behind the leaders but now it''s only 4 (just 2 behind Leeds, I think we all suspected we''d catch ''em)

If only we''d beaten Sheff Utd, West Brom and Leeds we''d already be top! :-)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I thought we didn’t have to worry about Grabban?![/quote]
Lakey where are you ? [:P]
[/quote]
Watching the match. 
Grabban was not a big problem - and his goal was put on a plate for him by Carvallio.

We just seem to be able to grind out performances and results. What a test that was, against a team that’s only lost once all season and on the back of a loss and an international break. So impressive. And a real show of togetherness as a team/squad and club.

Another perfect weekend. Shame the stream went so next time I''ll go back to Ifollow and not miss anything.

We are certainly performing well away from home.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 20/10/2018 5:08 PM:

Fabulous result after a sticky start.  Cantwell, Aarons and Lewis excellent, but then most of them were.
👍👍👍👍👍

Great stuff - I disagree with some of the comments, the more level-headed among us could see that we were a better prospect this season even if some of the early results had gone against us. I was slated by many for saying that the performances were good and we should stick with it and results would surely come.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Great stuff - I disagree with some of the comments, the more level-headed among us could see that we were a better prospect this season even if some of the early results had gone against us. I was slated by many for saying that the performances were good and we should stick with it and results would surely come.[/quote]

Was totally with you Branston. Our patience is being rewarded, so pleased DF wasn’t forced out of the club or anything because it was getting that way which personally I thought was bloody ridiculous. Exciting times, and as I said on the thread about should we give him a new contract (which I said a resounding yes to), then we do need to really start thinking about sorting that, because if we don’t then the vultures will start to circle...

Watching the highlights, there are four or five exquisite passes from Cantwell. Glad he has brought his form back from Holland and is grabbing his chance.

[quote user="Herman"]Watching the highlights, there are four or five exquisite passes from Cantwell. Glad he has brought his form back from Holland and is grabbing his chance.
[/quote]
He was excellent throughout the match, probably MOTM for me.

Agreed. That''s two MOTM performances on the trot.

He could end up being the best of the bunch of the youngsters coming through IMO. We need to get him to sign a contract as soon as we can.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman"]Watching the highlights, there are four or five exquisite passes from Cantwell. Glad he has brought his form back from Holland and is grabbing his chance.
[/quote]
He was excellent throughout the match, probably MOTM for me.
[/quote]
I didn''t think he was that effective at the game, however looking back at the highlights, he played a lot of the critical passes to put players through. He had a much better game than I realised. I blame the godawful glare from the sun!