Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Todd Cantwell

Hard to disagree but you could also add Leitner and Aarons to give him a run for the money.

I think he underlines the value of having young players in the team. Their energy & optimism is so refreshing, & it breathes new life into players who''ve been around the block a few times & are getting jaded.

They have to be good mind. And ours are. Exceptionally good (& exceptionally well coached).

[quote user="that reading fan "]Cantwell is not a wide player. He needs to be central, he keeps naturally drifting there. He isn’t defensively aware, as per my earlier point, and it leaves us exposed. It nearly cost us another goal.

Plenty to admire, but he’s beening played out of postion imo.

I think it’s the same with Buendia too.[/quote]
The principle of the Tuchel 4-1-4-1 style was that the wide players make diagonal runs into the box, with the fullbacks providing more width. Reimer''s made the point before that Farke''s style is heavily based on Tuchel, whereas Wagner is based on Klopp. Whilst Farke''s never got his 4-1-4-1 working, the principles, of the wide players cutting into the centre to support the lone striker, or to create space seem very similar.