Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Norwich villa match thread

Villa giving away a lot of petty free kicks. Works for me.

Although we are sitting back a bit, it is wonderful to see a centre back bringing the ball into the opponents half like Klose has been doing.

Doubt Louis Thompson will be out for long with that injury. Dislocated shoulder or broken arm arent major injuries.

Another great come from behind win against a fancied team. We are unbelievable.

Another brilliant win, all credit to the lads. Thought Cantwell was excellent today.

Absolutely gutted for Louis, poor lad :( But a fantastic gritty dig in kind of performance tonight, thought Villa looked dangerous and we looked vulnerable to their counters but thankfully they faded second half and we grew. Thats twice now we''ve come behind to win, I dont think we managed that once last season. After that Leeds debacle, who''d of forseen this? OTBC

Fantastic result. Well done lads[Y] Great to see Rhodes getting the goals. The omens are looking good.

Excellent performance against a very strong opposition. Villa may not be the complete article but they have very good players. Not the prettiest football we have played  recently, but good when it mattered. Rhodes the real deal in front of goal.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Although we are sitting back a bit, it is wonderful to see a centre back bringing the ball into the opponents half like Klose has been doing.[/quote]He thinks he''s Duncan Forbes. [;)][:D]

lincoln canary: "Aarons MOM for me. Thought he was immense, at 18, his performances are quite incredible."

Aarons is quite remarkable. We had a massive problem at right back...who would have thought an 18 year old would just pop up and turn a problem area into such a strength?

OTBC

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Any doubters left?[/quote]

I’m still on the fence. We are the right side of some very fine margins right now, and long may that continue.

But any realist will acknowledge we could’ve lost the last two with the same performance.

It’s enjoyable again though, it’s been a while.

Aarons MOTM for me too tonight - the goal-line block in the first half was unbelievable and his general performance was nothing short of brilliant.

Good win tonight against a decent Villa side who knew as much as us about passing the ball around.

It shook off the memory of the defeat against the far more defensive set up that was the Stoke side.

I thought that Grealish stood out tonight and justified all the hype surrounding him for once, as it was the best I''ve seen of him.

Leitner and Aarons were both superb, but you have to acclaim the player who scored the two goals that won the points.

We have been a decent team for most of the early period this season. But a few folk couldn''t see enough in us. Hopefully everyone can be convinced now.

Our performances are now great to watch. I am proud of this team. They also have a mentality which is just about keeping a level head and on to the next game.

At some stage we could give a team a tonking I''m starting to think.

"Swings and roundabouts Lincoln - we could quite easily have beaten both West Brom and Stoke."

For sure you could, along with Sheffield United''s last gasp winner which cost us a well deserved point.

BUT thinking that way is not really negative enough is it?