Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Everyone confident for a win tonight ?

Villa will improve their standing in this league but have had very limited time to assimilate the new managers tactics.

So based on that and the form Norwich are in I’m going for a 3.1 victory and lots of noise at Carrow Road .

I''ve just cheated and visited the Villa Talk forum to investigate their thoughts on the match.

It seems the majority view is that they would be happy to come away with a point, a win being a "Brucie Bonus," whatever that implies. They give us quite a lot of respect.

We should edge it as favourites to win, but any team that is likely to have Jedinak, Lansbury and (the £11m) Kodjia on the bench won''t be a pushover.

If, as was the general consensus, Steve Bruce failed to get the best from that squad then they might well be on fire tonight, irrespective of new manager bounce.

However, and especially after last Saturday, I am of the conviction that we can beat anybody in this division on our day.

Fink Tank percentages:

City win: 45%

Draw: 35%

Away win: 20%

As Farke has said, it would be nice to get two goals in front, can’t see it tonight.

Is it one of those” happy with a draw “ games ?

"I''d take a draw tonight for sure."
That would be a decent result, Birmingham have picked up recently.
Apples

Let''s not forget, as well as our result was no Saturday we played them off the park in the second half but still only scored from set pieces. So I''m going for a 0-0 draw

I always expect us to win but I am not always confident of it.

If we start tonight like we did Saturday, we could be in trouble. Our passing from the back was sloppy in the first fifteen minutes and led to their goal but we got away with it.

If we can improve on that then I am confident we will win but maybe just 1-0.

Of course we have picked up 9 points at home but 12 away so a bit of caution needed when we lose the ball.

A little bit concerned about ''new manager syndrome'' but not overly.
I think we''ll win. But I have no idea what the score might be!

No i''m not confident. I''m confident that we will play quite well because even against Stoke we were decent and our confidence is high but in terms of the result this is a Villa team with a lot of good attacking players and a new manager bounce and I could quite easily see it being another frustrating game where we miss a few chances and get hit by a sucker punch like against Stoke.

Perhaps it will change and tonight we will finally be clinical and take our chances but all our games come down to such fine margins as we never have more than a single goal lead even if dominating.

this is not meant to be a criticism of Farke as i am generally delighted with how things are going at the moment and feel we are very much moving in the right direction but i do feel our style of play works better away from home where we have a bit more space to play in and I can see Villa working really hard to close down our midfield tonight.

I kind of agree with Jim,at the moment im more confident when we play away from home and yes the season stats bear this out, so im a bit iffy with tonights result, but anyway, our recent form since the few first games has been tremendous, overall we can all see the progression from the team so we have the quality and momentum and the confidence to beat any team in the Champs now. So, close, can go either way by the odd goal.

My concern is where the goals will come from without Pukki. Klose has been chipping in, but we need others to step up. On the plus side, the defence has largely looked solid since Zimmermann and Aarans came into the side. Maybe Hernandez can score tonight, assuming he''s recovered from his kick in the nether regions.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 23/10/2018 11:12 AM:

“I''d take a draw tonight for sure.

Villa have the best squad in the League. If Smith gets them playing, they could dish out a hammering.”

Big smile on your face I his morning Lincoln...😀👍