Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Louis Thompson

That poor lad has the worst luck ever. Let’s hope the recovery is straight forward and fast.

All the best to you Louis. The whole of City wishes you the very best and is thinking of you.

As proved before, if anyone has the mental steel for this Louis Thompson does.

His mind may be made of steel, sadly his body isn''t. Dreadful luck but he just seems one of these players who are injury prone. From an NCFC viewpoint we have loads of cover in that position but not great for Louis trying to get a foothold in the team.

To me, injury prone implies he''s physically got a deficiency or weakness that means injuries reoccur. I don''t think falling and dislocating a shoulder (or whatever it is) falls into that category, it''s just very, very bad luck. Here''s hoping it''s not serious.

Nuff Said wrote the following post at 24/10/2018 1:10 PM:

To me, injury prone implies he''s physically got a deficiency or

weakness that means injuries reoccur. I don''t think falling and

dislocating a shoulder (or whatever it is) falls into that category,

it''s just very, very bad luck. Here''s hoping it''s not serious.

Agree, it looked innocious enough but Hutton is a big old lump and could do some damage in an akward collision, I presume though that the injury happened as he hit the floor, was clearly in a lot of pain running back accross the field whilst signalling to the bench.
All the best for the quickest possible recoverly👍

Shoulder dislocation is one of those things that once it happens the first time it is much more likely to happen again. I remember Martin Olsson’s used to pop out once or twice a season, it didn’t seem to effect him too much and the physios would pop it back in on the sideline.

Barring any associated damage Thompson should be fit for Saturday.

I''d imagine it will be very sore but I guess the consolation is that if it is a dislocated shoulder then it should not be a lengthy absence from the team. i just feel really sorry for him and its made all the more frustrating by the fact he''s shown some genuine promise when he has played for us this season and last.

He put his body on the line for the team at Ipswich as well so he deserves some luck. I''m glad the club gave him a new contract.

Credit to the lad, even tried to carry on defending, running across the pitch while holding his shoulder. Wonder whether the likes of some of our prem league superstars would have done that!!

Really feel for Louis. Given that dislocations are prone to be repeated the physics will want to give the injury sufficient time to settle. He is a real battler and will be back unlike Louis Jean Jarvis who seems to get injured just by waking up.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Anyone done this ?[/quote]
I''ve done it four times, even after surgery, and each time was worse than the last. The last time it happened it took 2 and a half hours and three doctors to relocate it. At my follow up at the hospital the doctor said no more contact sports and I''ve not kicked a football in anger since.
On a side note, I felt it partially dislocate at work today. I can only assume it was in solidarity with Louis.

I have done it as well. It was a slow process to get back to normal but hopefully Louis will get heal a lot quicker than I did. He might not be taking throw ins though!

He will be right as rain again and his luck will change I''m sure.

He was not injury prone during his long loan at Swindon.

Hopefully recent injuries are bad luck and he will come good in the future.

The from what little I have seen of him he looked good and the manager must think so as he was given a new contract.