Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Max Aarons

Just seen his goal saving block after a clearance.

Wow! Just, Wow!!

Talk about a turning point. Villa would have been 2-0 up.

Outstanding defending, spirit and athleticism.

Impressive ... deserves his place in the side! He showed yesterday how far he has come since his first start 4 City.

Realistically we have this season to go up or maybe next at a push but failing that he along with Jamal Lewis look destined for the premier league. They comfortably look like £15m+ players and anything less would be a real shame and display a naviety if current market.

I very much hope they both stay and we look to build around these and Cantwell. With Adam Idah in background as well the future looks very bright.

No coincidence for me that our huge improvement defensively, and with results in general, coincided with Max replacing Pinto at RB.

The future''s bright.

I was struck by that block as well. It was heartening to witness. Exactly the type of attitude we need throughout the team (Zimmerman has shown similar selflessness on occasions too). People willing to put their bodies on the line to block a goal attempt or to force the ball in at the other end. I love the positivity about our team at present too. I no longer feel that if we concede early on we have had it. This feels more like Lambert''s team that you felt would fight and believe to the last kick of the game.

Totally agree with that, Chip. It''s amazing stuff at the moment. I always though that, last season, we hid a bit if going a goal down. That is no longer happening and the side has way better balance than last season.
With the point on Lambert... I said it LOTS when people were complaining about ''The German style of football'' not working for us... Lambert played in Germany and was HUGELY influences by the playing style and football culture. It''s no coincidence, then, that with a German tactician at the helm we''re now seeing that fight, passion and footballing style once more. Long may it continue!