Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

TWTD again

TBH,their morale seems to be so completely shot now that they can''t even be arsed to console themselves with the usual cheap jibes against us.........roll on Elland Road tomorrow night !

Wow they are in a total mess at this moment.

As if reading the moans and groans and whingeing from the supporters wasn''t enough, now Matt Holland gives them a kick with his comments, Freddy Sears almost admitting morale is terrible and Hurst seems resigned to rumours Evans is already talking to other managers...

God I hope they keep this up all season

"They’ll hit their bad spell soon enough."

Posted one churlish dope who clearly knows little of proper football and is unable to comprehend the fact that there is not one player, not one single player, in their entire squad who would get anywhere near our starting eleven.

The wonder boy Dozzel is proving to be a bit of a damp squib whilst, with Jonathan Walters gone home injured, they have no front man worthy of anything more than League One football at best.

As for the rest of them? We just have to thank agent Hurst for collecting together that abysmal bunch of second rate performers.

They are clinging to the "fact" that we have lost £32 million in parachute payments and have a £10 million tax bill this season, so will apparently need to sell two Maddisons every year from now on. I wonder how they will cope with the £15 million profit for the last financial year we''ve just announced?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Thread started by waveneyblue? Hmmm....[/quote]
Agent Waveney is Oldollie on TWTD.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
[quote user="Nuff Said"]Thread started by waveneyblue? Hmmm....[/quote]
Agent Waveney is Oldollie on TWTD.
[/quote]
So Waveney Blue & Oldollie, how many id''s has he got on there [:)]

Things are so bad, they''ve got their own article in the paper: https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2018/oct/24/ipswich-paul-hurst-championship-football-league-blog

Can''t do links on my tablet, sorry.

Reality has finally set in for most of them but there are still one or two deluded fools.

I hope they avoid the drop because they will probably be too good for League One and it might offer them a turning point. Far better that they remain as the dross of the Championship.

[quote user="ricardo"]Reality has finally set in for most of them but there are still one or two deluded fools.

I hope they avoid the drop because they will probably be too good for League One and it might offer them a turning point. Far better that they remain as the dross of the Championship.[/quote]

My fear too Ricardo. It worked for us, and it could have every chance of working for them. 16th-21st in the Championship every season keeps them irrelevant, and continues the downward trajectory.

Who''d have thought the pay back from that hammering they gave us in our relegation season from the championship, the smug, arrogant look they gave us bating us with £20 (definitely £5) notes would last this long.

I suppose it really is a lessen in wallowing in others demise. Probably worth remembering!

Well if you fear it Lincoln then we dont need to worry about it happening.

Afterall, according to you theres barely any difference to us and those down the road.

Turns out theres actually 20 places.

Got their game on one of my many streams. They''ve been enthusiastic for the first 20 minutes, but limited- then gave Kemar Roofe a free header. How on earth did this shower sneak a draw off of us?

I really do not understand Evans ,

i know he runs Ipswich as a debt to make money for himself offset his other companies etc

but when you have his money

you would at least want your team to compete in the league

i really can not see if they go down and looking like they might how that will help Evans at all

It''s pretty febrile on there this morning that Agent Hurst''s sacking is imminent ....

......but the list of candidates being suggested to replace him is laughable - Christ,they''re even putting up Lambert as a choice !

Their fans are getting desperate and to be honest who can blame them they look every inch a league one team when I''ve seen them on TV and not a particularly good one either. Last season in our bad moments at least you could see there were some glimmers of what we were trying to do, it just wasn''t clicking often enough, they look totally clueless. Personally I don''t want to see them relegated, struggling permanently towards the bottom of the division is enough for me.

I don''t think Lambert would actually be a bad decision for them aslong as they could convince him to get Culverhouse alongside him, that might be the real sticking point as they haven''t worked together since Culverhouse left villa under that cloud and he''s also got the big playing connection with us.

Doesn''t look like any triggers have been pulled just yet.
Whatever happens with Hurst, I think we all can take heart from the fact that their required points average is creeping ever closer to ''promotion form'' to hit the 50-point mark.
That''s with 3 huge relegation scraps in their next 3 games (two of which are away) and then 4 of the current top 10 amongst the next 6. Could be a tough November in blue!

"From the whispers of the training ground etc, lots of similarities between Doig/Hurst and the 44 days of Clough at Leeds."

Little burst of the trumpet from me, and I rarely get things so right but, and without bothering to delve back I, myself and me alluded to the fact that Hurts''s arrogance, ''my way or no way,'' ''Mr. I am'' approach to the job at the Portaloo reminded me a bit of Brian Clough.

I also pointed out that whereas Clough had a history of success when he took on the Leeds job, Hurst had never managed above League 1 level before and had hardly achieved much in football at all.

It was not hard to predict trouble ahead as a result. That it has been so disastrous could never have been predicted.

Found it, this search facility ''aint ''arf bad.

Dated prior to the sale of Waghorn.

Here below with all the Foster''s spelling mistakes duly corrected:-

"Clearly we took a risk with Farke but at least his philosophy was finely honed in the highly successful German system and a year of survival, adaption and change might well now begin to bear fruit. Their chap seems to come from the Bryan Clough school of football management whereby he has his set ways and is not afraid to upset players in order to adhere to them.

His initial approach was to instill a strict training regime, surprise, surprise and steamroller over any dissent.

Clearly he''s no Clough and rather more a little man who makes a lot of noise.

The whole thing seems like a car crash waiting to happen. I would be extremely worried if I were a binner, especially if Waghorn is sold and replaced by lower league triers."

Football punditry not being a strong point, I shall sleep well tonight.