Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Bentley complimentary about his time at City

Anyone else read David Bentley''s positive comments about his time at City, in the Sun today??

Says he learnt more in one year here than in five at Arsenal....and apparently Arsenal wanted £4.5 million for him for a permanent transfer...makes you wonder why he isnt playing for them if they think he''s worth that much!!!

And no wonder we couldnt afford to buy him

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005400831,00.html

---

But Bentley admits his stint at Carrow Road has made him realise he has to leave Arsenal for good.

He added: “I’ve been away at Norwich and found out the grass is greener elsewhere.

“I don’t enjoy myself at Arsenal and I wasn’t enjoying my football any more.

“So that made it clear to me I had to move.

“I learned more in one year at Norwich than I have done in five years at Arsenal.

“If you are putting the effort in and showing the ability but not getting the rewards, it feels like there are no goals.

“So you have to be strong and stand up for yourself — then say you are not going to have it any more.

---

see, hes such a great lad

pity he was so expensive, thats obviously why worthy didnt bother bidding, would have loved him to come back thou!

So why didn''t we get him back on loan then ? I know he divides opinions but we are crying out for creativity. I think he only got his prem loan move on transfer deadline day so I would have thought a week or so before he would have jumped at joining us. Or is he just being polite/using us to have a dig at Arsenal/Arsene.

Mark .Y.

If Arsenal believe him to be 4.5 million they really need to have their heads checked. I doubt from what I''ve read he''d ever sign a new contract with them so the only money they''ll get is the compensation because they brought him into the game. I have to say that I feel sorry for him. He obviously wants to move on and improve himself yet Arsenal are holding him back.

[quote]Anyone else read David Bentley''s positive comments about his time at City, in the Sun today?? Says he learnt more in one year here than in five at Arsenal....and apparently Arsenal wanted £4.5 mil...[/quote]

£4.5 million is scandalous!! No wonder he was angry with Wenger for pricing him out of a permanent transfer. No-one is going to pay that for someone who didn''t have a great season in the prem last year! It will be interesting to see how he does at Blackburn. Id put him at £2 million tops and even that seems a little expensive based on his performances for Norwich last season!!

[quote]see, hes such a great lad pity he was so expensive, thats obviously why worthy didnt bother bidding, would have loved him to come back thou![/quote]

I think if you look at the stats, he was playing when were doing alright (ish) at the start of last season. Our form got worse when he was out injured but our end of season revival began when he was fit again.

Coincidence ?

I don''t think so - surely someone at City should have noticed this.

Pity really - he ain''t gonna get any games at Arsenal & yet he could have been so go for us this season, particularly alongside Marney.