Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Nice time to play Brentford

It should be an exciting game that’s for sure.

Even with this group of hungry players is there a risk of complacency sneaking in? Somehow I don’t think so.

Your bet is looking good now . I doubled them with Coventry to do the same in league 1. They are getting their act together and Andreu can’t even make the bench at present.

I figured the same thing when seeing our 2 concurrent games were Villa and Brentford. Villa hire Brentfords manager. Both teams have adjustment periods. Thank you very much :) Probably them getting beat by Preston though doesn''t help us.

Dangerous team though as on their day they are decent and we will need to be on form to continue our run. Their adjustment period perhaps not quite that it might be in the sense their manager was already the first team coach and viewed by many as a key player in instilling their style of play.

However, they are clearly having an iffy spell defensively and reading their fans forums it seems they have a very out of field midfield at the moment so hopefully our midfield (which is our strength) can impose themselves on the game, control possession and we can get another good result.

I thought we were the team everyone loves to play when they need to stop any sort of rot, like facing a record run without a win, a barren, goalless spell, or propping up the league. Adjusting to the loss of Dean Smith seems small beer compared to the miseries facing some of the sides we helped to put a smile back on their faces in recent years. Given the Bees have spent much of this season above us in the table, and boast the Championship''s hottest striker, maybe Saturday''s opponents don''t really fit the profile. 

[quote user="westcoastcanary"] I thought we were the team everyone loves to play when they need to stop any sort of rot, like facing a record run without a win, a barren, goalless spell, or propping up the league. . [/quote]

But enough about 1p5wich...