Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Despite the temporary upturn I am still a Farke outer

A leopard doesn’t change its spots

There is still way to much sideways and backwards passing for my liking and ultimately we will slip down the league again

Best get rid of him now if we are going to sustain a challenge

OTBC

Perhaps you should confine talk about getting rid of managers to your own club''s site.

ITFC supporters seem to be as clueless about football as their manager clearly is.

I suppose a record spell of floundering around in the lower reaches of the Chumps dulls any genuine concept of just what a decent football team should offer.

[quote user="McCanary"]A leopard doesn’t change its spots

There is still way to much sideways and backwards passing for my liking and ultimately we will slip down the league again

OTBC[/quote]
Binner

It''s been the first time in a while that I''ve seen a game and I couldn''t believe the difference between last night''s game and what was being served up in the run we had at the start of the season. Buendia and Cantwell were extremely positive going forward, the full backs looked extremely assured on the ball and the quickness of how we moved the ball were imo the reasons behind this.

I have confidence that we can make the top 6 however I still think we have a ceiling to our potential because of the owners. Should we make the PL, great, but how much are we going to achieve on a shoestring. If we don''t then our model of self sustainability in the championship means we''re destined to lose the players I mention above.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]It''s been the first time in a while that I''ve seen a game and I couldn''t believe the difference between last night''s game and what was being served up in the run we had at the start of the season. Buendia and Cantwell were extremely positive going forward, the full backs looked extremely assured on the ball and the quickness of how we moved the ball were imo the reasons behind this.

I have confidence that we can make the top 6 however I still think we have a ceiling to our potential because of the owners. Should we make the PL, great, but how much are we going to achieve on a shoestring. If we don''t then our model of self sustainability in the championship means we''re destined to lose the players I mention above.[/quote]
If we don''t get promoted and lose one or two players, it will be an inevitable part of what a football club goes through, whether it has money or not.  If we sell any of our players, they are going to fetch very good money which means others can be sourced as happened this season, to replace them and in time other youngsters can be brought through. 
So time to think about that is if or when it happens, but at the moment, worrying about a club''s ceiling is worrying for worrying''s sake. And regards any perceived ceilings, we apparently had little money to spend this season and haven''t spent a fortune on players, yet we look as good - if not better - than other clubs who have vastly more than us to spend. Long may that continue and imo there is no reason why it shouldn''t continue.  So lets give the owners a break shall we and focus on enjoying what is happening at the club now - a terrific looking team and a togetherness at the club and it''s fans that even the arch trolling of the op cannot touch.  

It''s not too different to earlier in the season and that Bolton game last season. For the second goal that people are raving about over half of the passes were sideways or backwards. We have done that previously, last seasons game against Bolton springs to mind, and got pelters for doing it. Jordan Rhodes was the real difference between the two games not style of play.

Stop the tippy tappy and lump it forwards 😠

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Perhaps you should confine talk about getting rid of managers to your own club''s site.

ITFC supporters seem to be as clueless about football as their manager clearly is.

I suppose a record spell of floundering around in the lower reaches of the Chumps dulls any genuine concept of just what a decent football team should offer.[/quote]
Broady i hope you realise that Waveney has a City season ticket a Gunn Club membership and attends most away games ?

"Broady i hope you realise that Waveney has a City season ticket a Gunn Club membership and attends most away games?"

Who the fluck is Waveney?

I prefer to never concern myself with the political minutia or gossipy stuff on this forum.

If it quacks like a duck etc.

P.S. When then does he get his "I lead a very boring and narrow life award" then?

You''ll be telling me that he actually bleeds yellow and green next.

"Best get rid of him now if we are going to sustain a challenge".
Is The Messiah still available...better act quick before someone snaps him up?
Apples

OTBC[/quote]

If you''re not a binner, you probably should be.

TBF to him, his trolling on here, while predictable, is pretty easy to spot. He appears to be (we know one username, and there''s at least one more that starts with Waveney) much more subtle on TWTD and has reeled in a lot of Binners. Of course, it could be that they''re more gullible and not so astute as us...

OTBC[/quote]

Yawn

I am looking at performance over time rather than a short term winning run

Half of you were questioning him just a few weeks ago and now suddenly he is ok again

I will be proven right in the medium term mark my words

Ok, I''ll bite.
The sideways passing is essential to the style of play. You need to drag the opposition players out of position before playing the killer ball, the only way to do this is to keep the ball moving. If there isn''t a gap, you move it sideways and create a gap. Agreed this needs to be done quickly, and sometimes more quickly than we achieve, however the more this set of players actually play together and learn by instinct what their team mates movement is likely to be, it will all become more fluid...

As I''ve said before, last season the orchestra was just learning the piece. Now the symphony is starting to come together.

Not sure who the lead violin is (tettey or klose?) but it is leitner conducting

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Not sure who the lead violin is (tettey or klose?) but it is leitner conducting[/quote]We need Bassong back. [;)]

Without the strikers we have this season the football would not so universally be accepted. Without Rhodes that second goal would have been just "tippy tappy sideways and backwards passing". Like we saw last season, at home to Bolton springs to mind. I think that was the game about which Webber made his famous "support someone else speech".

So really style doesn''t matter a jot. Despite what is being said now winning is all that matters 🙃

Of course winning matters. And your style of play and players you sign to execute that style of play are how you get to winning games... one without the other isn''t going to get you anywhere... as Ipswich are finding out.