Sign in to follow this  
Thorny

Poker player - what sort of player would Worthington make?

Based on Worthingtons start to the season....what sort of poker player would Nigel make?

Take into consideration....

1. Transfers/Sales during the close season.
  2. Last day transfers/loan deals. Holding out for Pearce/Jeffers but failed.
  3. Team selection at the beginning of the game.
  4. Decissions during the game with weird and late substitutions.

I think people would fleece him

he''d never go all in. he''s never bluff. he''d never wind up the opposition. he''d fold with a great hand. he''d find a way to lose a winning hand. and he''d be boring.

With two exceptions..

What a wonderful, intelligent and grown up thread.

Look at us aren''t we clever. We''ve all found a new way to throw moronic abuse at our manager.

Am I right in assuming that this thread is as a result of the "wonderful" offer yesterday from Canaries World that I, and presumably other mug members received not one, but two, e-mails about.

For those non members, this informed us that we could now play poker at some ridiculous cheap joining fee as yet another benefit of Canaries World.

Don''t they realise that we don''t want all this rubbish - poker games, ring tones, sms messages etc - the list is endless

All we want is for the damn commentary to work when Norwich are playing.

I agree with Mr Rosario. Some of these kids need to get out more.
Still, its back to school next week, I daresay the muppet factor will decrease markedly.

I''m not a kid, far from it but who stole the fun out of your lives? Lighten up a bit before making accusations that I''m a school kid! Left years ago and got a decent job, thank you very much. I very much well think I''ve got more in my brain than such "boring old 40 people" that Herb, Mr Rosario, I Shchumer and Premier1 have put together!

If you can''t have a wee bit of fun poked at the manager due to his poor decissions then whats the point? Do we all slap Worthingto on the back and say he''s doing a good job when he isn''t? Aren''t we allowed to complain due to his lack of ability to sort a sickened club out? The reference, if you muppets had not worked it out like some others had, is that he does not know how to play any game. Other managers can read his hand like a book and the way he plays is so damm predictable. If he plays the game as we have from the start of the season, where people think he is doing a good job, then we''re going no where. If we want to win games, we have to change the game plan! Fact.

Now take some deep breathes and have some fun with your lives and posts. Anything you put in a post anyway isn''t going to make the blindest piece of different to what I post nor change the way the club is run. So make the most of it before you end up even more old, moany and groany like you are already.

Ooh, Premier 1, you can''t say anything contentious about that nice Mr Worthington, especially criticizing his ability as a manager. Even if the team''s one place off the bottom of the Division and we haven''t won an away League match in 15 months, that''s very uncharitable, you know. 

More moronic abuse Premier 1.

Tell you what, why don''t you put another post abusing Worthy on this thread. Then that would be 3 abusive posts. Think how big and clever that would make you look?

>>I very much well think I''ve got more in my brain than such "boring old 40 people" that Herb, Mr Rosario, I Shchumer and Premier1 have put together!

I''m 21 years old and I''ve just graduated with a first in Computing for Artificial Intelligence (BSc). Perhaps you should engage your brain before speaking, if there''s so much in it.

[quote]Ooh, Premier 1, you can''t say anything contentious about that nice Mr Worthington, especially criticizing his ability as a manager. Even if the team''s one place off the bottom of the Division and we h...[/quote]

I think the point being that it''s not actually funny. If it was actually amusing as opposed to veiled insults, I would find it at least as funny as everyone else.

Perhaps I''m just not as malicious as some of the posters on here.

Whos moronic Mr Rosario , maybe you should just try accepting that there are almost as many Norwich fans want the clown gone and  we are entitled to our opinions .  People like yourself should stick to watching the soaps. WOTHY OUT .

FFS -  its clear the itention of this post is a light hearted look linking our current predicament to the sudden meteoric rise in the popularity of poker. 

Thorny is right that Worthy is predictable in his tactics and clubs have sussed out how our limited approach works.  It seems he has a responsible job and is able and culpable/accountable for his actions. 

What does a dehree tell you, that you can complete exams?   Qualifucations have no use in a real world unless you have the ability to link what you see with analysis and effective decision making to apply what you have learnt in getting your qualification to the situationin front of you.  If all you have learnt from a degree is how to learn academically and pass exams its no use to anyone - the same with a coaching qualification in football.

If you as a manager cannot see how or where the team is failing and resolutely stick to teh same tactic wha is going to change?  Take what you have learnt and apply it.

I dare say if worthys performance in whatever job he has was to leave his organisation in trouble, performing poorly and affeting its share price he would have serious questions asked of him or have been replaced by now.  Why no different to the poorly performing Worthy???

Get a sense of humour on here before everyone disappears up the own  .. oops moderated!

OTBC