Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Is Farke the new David Wagner?

Apart from both being German, there seems to be other similar things about them.

Similar backgrounds,

Both average first year

Second full year, both teams seemed to be playing attractive football.

Both team look very promising at this stage of the season

Huddersfield achievement promotion

Can we do similar..

Big difference is the Wagner has very wealthy owners.

Farke is his own man I think. There will always be comparisons like this. I think we should also consider the role of Eddie Riemer. He barely gets a mention. There is a bigger management team. But, yes, like Huddersfield we are also a community club. I cannot help feeling they will be having their last season in the sun for a while though.

Wagner did well, but I prefer Farke and would not compare him and Wagner - very different characters. If I had to compare Farke with anyone, it would be David Stringer. Instigating a particular style of football that looks good on the eye, gets results and enables us to match or outplay most teams we come up against, home or away. Brings through youngsters and sets in motion something that should last years as more young players come through instilled in the same way of playing that has been put in place throughout the club.

Different styles etc.

To think if it was down to some on here Farke would be long gone and we would have ripped everything up and started again with Warnock or similar..

There''s still a long way to go and things can change quickly in football. It was only a few weeks ago that the mood was turning very sour at Carrow Road and in this board. I am cautiously optimistic this time, though. I love the football on display at the moment and it is so much nicer watching matches with a genuine feeling that we can win them rather than just hoping each game that we don''t get tonked. We are still passing and probing rather than blasting forwards at every opportunity but it does seem to be with a greater sense of purpose recently and the pace of the full backs has helped to inject some dynamism to our play; we can mix things up a bit now. I''m sure we are playing more purposeful long balls recently than we were as well.It is also nice to have some confidence that our strikers will score in any given game. It''s becoming more of a surprise if they don''t!! Of course, passes will always go astray no matter who you are or who you are playing but you sense the players are becoming more and more familiar with how each plays and what they will do. I imagine this comes from a more settled starting 11 in recent weeks as well. It is also heartening to see the quality that is not playing much - Thompson, McLean, Vrancic, Godfrey, Trybull. I feel a confidence that any one of those could step in and cover for injuries/suspension when required without ruining the flow (admittedly I haven''t seen much of McLean on which to base that confidence, except for glimpses and what I have read about him in the press). Even Sir Benny looks to have a little more positivity and technical ability about him than at times last season. They all seem to be growing into their roles. I particularly love that youth are being given a chance and taking it as well.

All that is missing, for me, is one or two more convincing scorelines. I know this is something Farke himself acknowledged recently. Hopefully the first comes on Saturday!!

Long way to go yet. Wagner achieved promotion in his 2nd season, will DF? Let''s see where we are in the New Year. I don''t think their styles are at all similar personally.

As I mentioned on another thread if the club are committed to him, and I hope they are, they need to be thinking about his contract. There will be some Premier League strugglers sniffing around soon!

I don''t think Farke will ever be a quick fix manager like Warnock. A club would need to do as we have for his strengths to be effective. He''s more of a project than a bandaid.