Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Our Next Fans Social Club Event

Is it Halloween themed?

Will it be showing re-runs of Ipswich beating us? (Horror show) some on here would probably enjoy that though.👏👏

Will Robert Chase be making an appearance? 😂

I have it on good authority that Delia has marked this date off in her diary.

No nothing to do with Russ or Matt, all will be revealed at the weekend

Hope you''ve all got 25th Oct in your diaries, we appreciate your support at these events

Hi Diane

Well done on all the good work.

Out of interest, is there any chance of one of these happening on a weekend? I''d love to attend one but I''m an exile and the journey is just not justifiable on a Wednesday or Thursday night.

Thanks!

Hiya King Canary, thanks for your kind words & showing an interest, much appreciated

We would love to have one of our events on a Friday or Sat night but its difficult because ncfc events rooms are generally booked up on those nights for corporate events, private events etc & if it''s home game both the big lounges are all used & not available.

The club very generously let us have the rooms free for our events which means we can raise more money for our charity so we are grateful to have them any nights we can.

Alternative would be to book somewhere close to the city but to find rooms available for 150 plus people is difficult, then of course we''d lose a few hundred pounds for hire of the room plus have to pay for the sound equipment which isn''t often included in room hire.

Having said all that we are talking about having an event at the CSF Nest in the summer, maybe a family bbq day & that would be on a Sunday so watch this space.

Fans have asked us to try something different to fans forums, so we’ve listened and hope that you like the sound of this event on Oct 25th

It’s our very own “ Pride of Anglia’’ quiz based on the popular Question of Sport tv show but instead of Sue Barker we have as quiz master the popular Darren Eadie

In the NCFC team we have Rob Butler, Chris Goreham & city legend Grant Holt and in the ITFC team we have media pundit Stuart Jarrold veteran journalist Mel Henderson and England international ITFC legend Terry Butcher.

There''s the usual raffle for CSF, doors open at 7pm, £3 adults and £1 under 16''s, it''s in the Top of the Terrace

All the details are on our poster which I will try and add to this thread, it’s been hard work putting this one together so  hope you will come and support us and the CSF who benefit from our events

Will there be a Q&A opportunity Diane as i would like to ask Terry Butcher if he ever paid for the damage he caused to the dressing room door after the Milk Cup Semi Final in 1985. [:D]

You can ask what you like but bare in mind hes doing a 3 hour trip from his home to help us raise money for charity so maybe something a bit more interesting & less confrontational might be nice lol

Having played for Glasgow Rangers i am sure he has dealt with more  ''confrontational'' as you put it banter regarding derby games Diane. [:D]

Oh and before you get on my case i have shared this event on my Facebook page but i somewhere don''t think you will be getting anything other than a full house for the evening. [:P]

Thanks for sharing it on fb Tilly, have to say we''ve had a very positive reaction so far.

Its been advertised at Ipswich too, poster will be in their fan zone on Saturday and they are putting a piece in their programme too so hopefully we ll get some of their fans travelling to join us too.

Hopefully another bundle of cash for our CSF pot, I know theres quite a few on this messageboard who come along to support us & we do really appreciate it

I love that we support the CSF while having fun. This night will definitely be fun. I''m well looking forward to it[:)]

[quote user="Diane"]You can ask what you like but bare in mind hes doing a 3 hour trip from his home to help us raise money for charity so maybe something a bit more interesting & less confrontational might be nice lol[/quote]
"I also bought a John Denver LP"
If he still has that
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/what-footballers-buy/terry-butcher-interview/

This event is going to be a great night and hopefully another win over our Suffolk friends so do come on down guys its going to be a great night!