Sign in to follow this  
king canary

OT- Whatcha listening to?

[quote user="How I Wrote Elastic Man"]as great as Icelandic rap is, and as great as The Fall were, perhaps it´s time for some local stuff

as referenced on the first page by, I think, King Canary, here is Let´s Eat Grandma

[url]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvMirCfy1HU[/url]

no idea how to do a clickable link :([/quote]
I missed that. It''s different to what I''d normally try but it has a certain something to it[Y]

Yesterday I caught the end of an impressive performance by a very red-headed singer-pianist in some charity TV show, but did not catch her name. Anyone know who she is?

I’m always at carra rud early enough for the pre match music. There was a song that I liked but didn’t know who it was. Turns out it’s figure it out by Royal Blood, good song.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Yesterday I caught the end of an impressive performance by a very red-headed singer-pianist in some charity TV show, but did not catch her name. Anyone know who she is?[/quote]
Freya Riddings or something like that.

Started listening to Frost. A cross between Genesis and Todd Rundgren.

[quote user="Herman"]
[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Yesterday I caught the end of an impressive performance by a very red-headed singer-pianist in some charity TV show, but did not catch her name. Anyone know who she is?[/quote]
Freya Riddings or something like that.
[/quote]

Thanks, Herman. Freya Ridings.

Hmm. Yes. Unfortunately I've never found whining self-pity a particularly admirable or attractive trait.

That's what I like so much about Polly, someone annoys her, they get both barrels:

11 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Hmm. Yes. Unfortunately I've never found whining self-pity a particularly admirable or attractive trait.

That's what I like so much about Polly, someone annoys her, they get both barrels:

not self pity on the part of Kate, as , through the course of an album, she is reciting the lives of 7 different people  who are awake at 4.18am. Though, of course, she could be projecting personal feelings into those 7 characters, I suppose.

It would probably come across better listening to the whole album - Let Them Eat Chaos - though it doesn´t sound like she is your thing. 

PJH is one of the best acts to come out of this country in the last 30 years :classic_smile:

Or for a complete change of pace:

What a machine! The God machine. 

Or

Her face at the end ...

Edited by ron obvious