Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Jordan Rhodes has fell in love with our club

''Jordan Rhodes seems to have caught the Norwich City bug , so pleased that he got two last night

“It’s a special place and I’m really enjoying every minute of it,” said Rhodes. “It has a real community feel about it, it’s a close-knit relationship between the players, staff and everyone working for Norwich City, and everyone supporting it. There’s a real rapport between the two.

“I can’t really remember too many times in my recent clubs, that relationship being as strong. Towards the end there, the fans enjoying every minute, cheering us over the line and giving them something to cheer about… It’s fantastic and as players, that’s what it’s all about, what you strive for in your career – to play in stadiums like this and in front of fans like this.”

“I’m just really enjoying playing for Norwich City,” he added. “I really enjoy living in the area, playing for the club and it fills me with a sense of pride putting on that shirt, it really does''''

“So who knows what the future may bring. I’m just trying to work as hard as I can in the games I play in for Norwich City and who knows what comes next. That’s all I can say so far.”

"Needs to be put on TWTD, now that will upset them."

Most of them spend half their time on this forum in any case (and probably vice versa.)

Some of you seem obsessed with twtd, the reason I put it on here as thought it was a heartwarming interview and tells us a lot about the atmosphere & team spirit of our club

He was a product of the ITFC youth system from 2005 after all, and they''ve been weeping and wailing about the fact that Keane let him go on the cheap long before he donned the yellow and green.

I really like the fact that despite losing the starting spot to Pukki he knuckled down and has been working really hard as a sole striker which is clearly not his ideal position. Against Forest he did a really good job, last night was the same and according to Sky he had 3 chances for the 2 goals. How on earth did we get him from Wednesday on loan ?

IMO in Rhodes and Pukki we have two of the best strikers in this division. All round I''m now feeling our squad is definitely capable of top 6, possibly even better than that....

Yep,words of love and affection coming from a guy who has experienced the feel and atmosphere of many a club in his career, also hearing Big Timms affection fot the club and area in the last few days, deciding to stay at City despite a very tempting move to Hannover, reinforces what us fans know from the moment we got the Canary bug,,that NCFC  really are unique and that the passion and community spirit still oozes in torrents between the club and its fans.
Results of course are important, but some things are bigger than results and thats why when, like last season for instance when a fair bit of the time it was patience that was needed, i never forgot the inportance that being a City fan is for life, at least for the vast majority of us and that we and our club have a strong bonded spirit between us, Farke felt it soon as he arrived and Jordan and Timm are only two of plenty more who feel it.
On a sidenote, with the Wednesday match fast approaching and guessing Teemu will still be injured and Jordan unavailable, Dennis will get his chance to perform.

[quote user="McCanary"]He always be scum in my eyes[/quote]

More fool you Waveney !

I forgot he can''t play against Wednesday, that''s a pain. Mind you last time I saw us play at Wednesday was the infamous game under Alex Neil when they were scoring for fun including the shot into an empty goal after Ruddy messed up his clearance.

Diane wrote the following post at 24/10/2018 2:00 PM:

Some of you seem obsessed with twtd, the reason I put it on here as

thought it was a heartwarming interview and tells us a lot about the

atmosphere & team spirit of our club
👍

Big fan of Rhodes. Had to watch the game on sky yesterday as im away in Yorkshire and bizzarely the girlfriend didnt want me driving back home for the game, which was my initial intention.

Im not sure the lone role massively suits him but he made up for it through sheer effort. That and Stiepermann is getting better at getting close to him.

ICF - "IMO in Rhodes and Pukki we have two of the best strikers in this division."

Interesting thought - if I was a Villa fan, I''d have said Abraham and Kodija (with Hogan and Hourihane) were ''better'' than Rhodes and Pukki.

Or there''s Billy Sharp and Clarke at Sheff U.

Or Assombalonga and Hugill at Boro.

Gayle and Rodriguez at West Brom...

On paper there are a lot of good strikers in this division, but I''m very happy with who we have too.

[quote user="hogesar"]Big fan of Rhodes. Had to watch the game on sky yesterday as im away in Yorkshire and bizzarely the girlfriend didnt want me driving back home for the game, which was my initial intention.

Im not sure the lone role massively suits him but he made up for it through sheer effort. That and Stiepermann is getting better at getting close to him.[/quote]

Hmmmm, very bizzare indeed. Perhaps she didn’t want you disturbing her watching some chick flick after getting in from the football? I’m sure it’s just something like that.

[quote user="Woodman"]ICF - "IMO in Rhodes and Pukki we have two of the best strikers in this division."

Interesting thought - if I was a Villa fan, I''d have said Abraham and Kodija (with Hogan and Hourihane) were ''better'' than Rhodes and Pukki.

Or there''s Billy Sharp and Clarke at Sheff U.

Or Assombalonga and Hugill at Boro.

Gayle and Rodriguez at West Brom...

On paper there are a lot of good strikers in this division, but I''m very happy with who we have too.[/quote]

Add Freddie Sears and Jonathan Walters to that list too.

[quote user="McCanary"]He always be scum in my eyes[/quote]
I''m very disappointed in you Waveney !!