Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Emi Buendia

Really impressed with him tonight. Never stopped running, closing down and hassling. Excellent on the ball and a superb whipped in corner for our first goal - and all this while playing out of position. Great stuff.

That could be said for all our youngsters Thirsty, really great to see the potential being realised, big credit to all those behind the scenes for their development and Farke to play them.

Actually thought it was his best performance for us. Ran for 85 minutes non stop too.

He was my MOM tonight. Him and Aarons on the right were superb. Hard to believe they are only 21 and 19. But then the left side has Cantwell and Lewis who are both only 20. Incredible.

The fact I have seen nearly every player mentioned as a MOTM yesterday is brilliant to see.

Leitner took the award for me, but Buendia was also superb. I was a bit critical of Buendias selection over Hernandez before the game, but evidently it paid off.

He''s an intelligent ball player. But it''s his defensive work that has really impressed me. Especially considering he''s not exactly a big bloke.

Agreed Thirsty. MOTM for me today and a very classy goal. Such a tenacious player too which I wasn''t expecting before I saw him play.

Anyone notice he pulled up holding his hamstring about two minutes before he went off? Hopefully I saw it wrongly and it was a knock.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Another performance full of guts and endeavour today and a classy goal to go with it. More great stuff![/quote]
Yes MOM again for me Thirsty. Hard to believe he''s just 21. Massive strength to go with real ability and a good footballing brain. How on earth have we got him here? I''m going to enjoy him while he is. I couldn''t help doing a little comparison between him and Canos then realised there''s no comparison[;)]
Was with my daughter today and she has called him Emi the Ox because he''s sooooo strong[Y]

"Buendia to be a Premier Leaguer within 2 years ... hopefully in a canary yellow shirt."

Along with a few others in that team by the looks of it.

It''s hard not to get carried away but since the derby day draw results indicate that we are the best club in the division by far.

We started today without (arguably) our two best attacking players in Pukki and Hernandez, whilst McClean and Marshall are still to come good.

The Summer business and before (Hernandez) was nothing short of brilliant taking into account finances and the inevitable loss of our star player.

Countdown (to promotion) conundrum will Daniel Farke''s Norwich City hit the top spot in the Championship before Paul Lambert''s Ipswich Town get from off the bottom spot of the Championship (if ever?)

In reality it''s still musical chairs at the top end of the table, and noticeable is the fact that all the top four have that one home game advantage, but I genuinely feel that we are as good as any other team up there.

The best individual goal scored this season?

Best team one has to be the second goal we scored versus Villa.