Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Credit for Webber

On 27/10/2018 at 09:59, Mike said:

I''m not having a dig Mike. The poster called xymox accepted your bet. I wouldn''t because I couldn''t afford to lose it and anyway I could have got much better odds at a bookmakers. So is the bet on?

I didn''t choose 21 games. TBH I think it was daft to lump 16 games from last season with 5 games from this and then make up a stat that tells only half the story.

So the second half of last season was 6 defeats in 23 games which tells the other half.

But if 21 games across two seasons floats your boat then it''s now 9 wins in 21 games.

Or how about the last 8 games which is 6 wins?

Or just this season which is 7 wins in 14 games.

However if you just take the games we lost since Farke took over it 0 wins in 20 games. But then it would also be 22 wins from 22 games if you just considered the games we won.

Apart from the last 14 games stat none of the others make much sense do they? Including the 4 wins from 21 games...

Back to that £250....

Will gladly pay up if in the team is in the top 6... will the other fella... over to you... this is fun!

Mike "filthy rich"

Mike

I think you’ve lost mate.  I wasn’t super confident when I took your bet but this team have outdone where I thought they’d get.  I was kind of wishful thinking on 6th maybe 5th.  Am I right in saying we are now guaranteed a play off place?

I am so thrilled I’ll even split the bet with you.  Happy Days. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, xymox said:

Mike

I think you’ve lost mate.  I wasn’t super confident when I took your bet but this team have outdone where I thought they’d get.  I was kind of wishful thinking on 6th maybe 5th.  Am I right in saying we are now guaranteed a play off place?

I am so thrilled I’ll even split the bet with you.  Happy Days. 

I was going to post that but then remembered the ignore button....

I loved your original suggestion xymox. It's a shame.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I was going to post that but then remembered the ignore button....

I loved your original suggestion xymox. It's a shame.

Come on Mike £250 for playoffs. As I said I will do half of that so a mere  £125 for super rich Mike. All in a good cause pal there’s no way you can have ignore on me I don’t usually post on PinkUn.  

Nutty my half is in the bag wonderful cause just let me know where to send it sir. 

Premier League... That should be fun I hope. 

You don't owe anything xymox I think you were a star for risking it when even me and LDC had doubts about top six🙃. You were on a loser bigtime but were still prepared to find a way of helping our DS boys and girls. So going halves would be unbelievably generous. I doubt Mike would expect you to do that. I'm sure he'll make good his bet...

PS Bottle? I''ll bet you 250 quid we do not make the top six by the end of the season... Let''s see your bottle eh!

Ah so you are just hot air... Thought so... There is supporting your team every week like I do and there is burying you head in the sand and refusing to see what is plainly in front of yo. Now I will say it again, you obviously think we are good enough to be top six as you have spent all preseason praising Farke and Webber and slagging off anyone with a differing view, back it up and prove you meant it.... 250 quid top six.

Top 6 does look unlikely. But I’m happy to take on your bet Mike. Send your £250 to Nutty and I will do the same. If we don’t make top 6 you get your money back plus £125 of mine if we do I get £125 of yours. Good fun and for charity mate up for it?

Edited by nutty nigel

How far out are we on the McNally 7 year plan? Maybe he should be praised for almost delivering it by accident?