Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Were we the only club..

it was only the Championship clubs who had a game midweek, so the field was a bit limited

Well as I had a little time I thought I''d check.
We were the only team to bag 9 points. 
Two sides (Forest and WBA) bagged 7 but they had two home games where as we had two away.
Happy with this. These are the weeks that test out the squads and we had injuries to contend with. Interesting to hear Jamal say they targeted 9 points from these three games. Love the confidence.
BTW is the last 21 games still a thing? Or was it ever??
[:O]Just imagine if we''d lost all three.......

Just imagine if we''d lost all three.......

But we didn''t Double N and we should rejoice that we did win them all, and I doubt many expected that, accept it probably won''t last and look forward to tonight with some different faces getting a chance.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well as I had a little time I thought I''d check.
We were the only team to bag 9 points. 
Two sides (Forest and WBA) bagged 7 but they had two home games where as we had two away.
Happy with this. These are the weeks that test out the squads and we had injuries to contend with. Interesting to hear Jamal say they targeted 9 points from these three games. Love the confidence.
[/quote]
Lakey must have sent him a PM....[:D]

I just thought it was a notable achievement Pops. Especially as we had two away games. I''m well looking forward to tonight as I''m going. My first away for a few years. πŸ™ƒ

And we did it again! But two home games this time and I think Birmingham also won their three.
To do this once in the Champs is unusual but twice is phenomenal!
OTBC

I''ve got to say after last season I wouldn''t have expected us to do this twice, this squad is really coming together.

We are now giving some decent performances on the pitch with a lot more intensity, especially when we don''t have the ball. Leitner is oozing class and we are getting amazing workrate out of Stiepermann and Buendia. Dare I say without Hanley we are far more solid defensively? And arguably we have the two best fullbacks in the league. Happy days.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"] Dare I say without Hanley we are far more solid defensively? And arguably we have the two best fullbacks in the league.[/quote]
Yes indeed, Zimmermann has grown in stature to the extent he must have made himself first choice now.   The emergence of  Aarons and Lewis have helped him, but if nothing else, his distribution is better than Hanley''s.   I wish Hanley well - he is an excellent defender, but the defence is now settled and should only be changed through necessity - ie form/injury or suspension.  I''ve liked Zimmermann since the day he arrived and love to see him in the team - he is there on merit and the defence deserve all the plaudits they are getting (ably helped by midfielders who are now doing much better at tracking back and covering).  
Great to have such a strong squad. Hanley and others in the squad will be more than able to do a job when needed, but they will have to wait for their chance, such is the strength and ability being shown by the present incumbents of the team.

Great to have such a strong squad.

That is what it is all about. There aren''t many occasions when coaches can name the same team. The bonus of Aarons and Cantwell being able to step up after injuries, and keep their places on merit, gives us real hope that after winning games without Hanley, Pukki, Tettey, our strength in depth could well sustain a challenge.

Set pieces apart, fewer and fewer teams in this league play the type of football that makes Hanley''s head significantly more valuable than Zimmermann''s long legs!

QPR won all three as well

Indeed they did Westy. Without conceding a goal too. One of them was against the binners though....

Those wins have catapulted QPR into the top half.

We got 9 points in both the September and October breaks. Just as importantly we got 4 points from the three games in-between.

I think taking games in sets like this a good measure. We have Wednesday away and Millwall at home before the next break. I think they''re winnable. After that it''s another 3 game week. Gotta love this leagueπŸ™ƒ

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We got 9 points in both the September and October breaks. [/quote]
Whereas it has taken the poor old binners all season so far just to achieve 9 points in total