Sign in to follow this  
chipster

sudden change in form!!!

does any one else think that Brennan''s sudden lift in form has anything to do with him being in the last year of his contract? i know this has happened before but i cant remember the players involved but for me it is sickening we expect players to give there all for the club in every game they play as that is what we would do, but it is a job for these guys and they are more worried about getting a career out of there ability rather than giving something to the club, does any one have any ideas how we can avoid players taking the foot off once they get a nice fat contract?or if indeed they think this is what has happened with mr Brennan.

no way, its obvous he puts in 100% everytime or he wouldnt be in this squad, or any other squad anywher enear these league....

He is a good player, and when he is played can do a great job, just look at that cross for ashton........

The contract has nothing to do with how he is playing, hes just doing his stuff... and its the kind of thing we need right now!

Also...... if worthy doesnt sign a new contract with him, then hes daft and stupid...... and ill definatly be against worthington for something like that...... ill be joining the ''worthy out'' party if such thing was to happen

IMO i''d prefer Brennan to Drury. If Jimbo plays LM, and we fail to make chances he gets criticised. He''s in a no win situation.

I feel he doesn''t get a fair crack of the whip. Last yr he makes the odd appearance, playing ok, and then dissapears to the reserves for another few months, he then makes another odd appearance.

Forest fans really rated him when he was there

THe reason he is doing so well is because he is getting played imo. Whenever he has played before he has done quite well but now he is getting a run in the team. I dont think its to do with his contract but he deserves a new one (posted in your other thread.)

Also, Brennan does not panic, he makes good decisions and can pass/cross well. I would love him to score soon as hes been having some good shots.

Im not against Worthy but if he didnt over Jimbo another contract then i would like him to leave. (unless he signed Kristiansen as a replacement)

Yes, I think it is because he''s in the last year of his contract. As Worthy said, he''s had to be patient with Brennan, and now he''s seeing the best of him. But probably only briefly, until we offer him another contract, or someone else takes him off our hands. Then he''ll probably lapse back again. It''s happened before here, and at every other club probably.

Totally agree with northern canary. I don''t remember Brennan playing badly last season... I just don''t remember him playing full-stop! Apart from the odd substitute appearance he was pretty much frozen out to the bemusement of most fans... Even when everyone else was injured!

Brennan''s form is no surprise. The surprise has been the lack of form shown by pretty much anyone else in the side. However, that''s certainly not to take anything away from the guy!!

Brennan has always performed solidly, not badly but not really added anything to the team either.

He was only OK when he has a game or so in the prem and it was clear that Drury was the better left back by some way, adding that little bit extra in the position and the same applies this year.  JBs performances have been OK, nothing exceptional but not doing anything wrong either; as such I think the fact he is in the last year of his contract is irrelevant.

With Hux out I expect Brennan to keep his left flank position on sat hopefully sitting in front of a fit again Drury who is now clearly our best left back IMO. 

OTBC