Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Matt Gill leaves Norwich U23’s

" I just hope this traitorous dog doesn’t live locally if he does his life should be made a misery "

Absolutely no. We are a class act. He''ll come to regret this move himself soon enough.

" I just hope this traitorous dog doesn’t live locally if he does his life should be made a misery "

What an idiot to write that remark regarding someone moving on with their career, You want to grow up

It does suggest that Gill was ''tapped up'' during the week, if only that he would have had to be offered terms etc.
It also suggests the paupers are in a bad a state as I have previously stated. They are accepting a youth coach as their first team coach.
The problem they have and it is one Gill will find out is that that joining a club being run on a shoestring is always going to present problems. City have not developed a good squad solely on the basis of being able to identify ''cheap'' promising players. There needs to be the infrastructure ie the required coaching set up to progress those players (T Butcher this week). There also needs to be the scouting set up to find those players.
Both are missing at poorman road as Evans has sought to run the club on the basis of the least input, with the maximum financial out put ... to him.
There was a good reason so many players wanted out of poorman at the end of last season. They could see the way the club was being ran. That will not alter with a change of manager, as this summer has shown. The paupers are not in their current position because of recent events - any more than a very fat person is the weight he is because of the last doughnut he ate.
For the moment it will sit ill with the farmhands, knowing the shyte they spewed out this summer about the relative prospects for both clubs and the knowledge that it is an ex City manager they are now reliant upon to save them fro relegation.
And whilst we have a German manager, I must confess I know little German..............
............... apart from the word Schadenfreude

"It also suggests the paupers are in a bad a state as I have previously stated. They are accepting a youth coach as their first team coach."

We accepted a youth coach as our manager, does this mean we''re in a bad state?

You don''t half post some nonsense.

I for one am disappointed with Gill leaving.

A well liked and respected figure, and by all accounts very passionate and good at his Job. A model professional and a fantastic role model for the younger players.

I''ve said before that I thought he might be groomed into a future NCFC manager. I guess that''s never happening now.

Shame, and very much Norwich''s loss and Ipswich''s gain.

Would have preferred Gill went anywhere but Ipswich but it''s a big jump from under 23s to first team. I can''t imagine that type of opportunity comes up often for an ambitious young coach. I hope he is successful as by all accounts was doing a decent job with the young players and one of the few to escape the Webber cull, but still hope that Ipswich lose every week.

[quote user="king canary"]"It also suggests the paupers are in a bad a state as I have previously stated. They are accepting a youth coach as their first team coach."

You don''t half post some nonsense.[/quote]

Hucks posted that it was our loss and their gain. Said he was a great coach. I trust Hucks view..

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]I for one am disappointed with Gill leaving.

A well liked and respected figure, and by all accounts very passionate and good at his Job. A model professional and a fantastic role model for the younger players.

I''ve said before that I thought he might be groomed into a future NCFC manager. I guess that''s never happening now.

Shame, and very much Norwich''s loss and Ipswich''s gain.[/quote]
Why? Assuming we keep the new structure the job would

be as head coach but there is no reason why that cannot happen in the

future, just because he has gone to Ipswich as a coach serving under a

manager. If anything it is a career move that might put him in the

frame, post-Farke.

[quote user="king canary"]"It also suggests the paupers are in a bad a state as I have previously stated. They are accepting a youth coach as their first team coach."

You don''t half post some nonsense.[/quote]
oh dear
oh dearie dear me
Farke had been a manager for six years before he took on the job of managing Borussia Dortmund II.
Not the same.

Norwich’s first team coach only had experience of coaching at U16s level before coming to Norwich. Wasn’t even the head coach.

The fact Gill has come from ‘youth level’ is immaterial, he is a very good coach and a loss to Norwich. But these things happen and Norwich will have to find a replacement somewhere.

Disappointed in Gill. I am sure he lives locally and has many roots in Norfolk and he will now have made life a lot less pleasant for himself moving forward if he intends to stay in the area. For the avoidance of doubt that is not a threat but merely a statement of fact based on the vibe surrounding Lambert on Saturday.

Its a shame he felt he had to make this move and its a shame that Lambert and Ipswich appear to feel they can score cheap points by emulating us/poaching staff. i guess they need to do something to try and distract from the state they are in on the pitch.

Still I suppose its better than Culverhouse going there as he was a great player for us.

I''d much rather Culverhouse had gone there, which wouldn''t have affected us one jot, than our under 23 coach who was by all accounts doing well.

I cant find the under 23 results Nutty but sure I read on twitter when they were discussing Gill that they have only won 3 from the 9 they"ve played??

Youth football isn’t about results, it is about delivering players for the first team. Gill had been a large part of the success of Lewis, Aarons and Cantwell being ready to step up.

He good work has been recognised with an improved job. If people think this is about Ipswich trying to point score that is pretty stupid.

Was a bit harsh of me to say ‘good riddance’ as I’m sure he’s a nice bloke, and he obviously worked very hard whilst he was here, so apologies. I think most of us wouldn’t want to see as much as the tea lady join them, regardless of the job they’re doing. Leaving for another club is one thing... but Ipshite. Regardless, they’re not going to be troubling us any time soon I feel, so far better to concentrate on what we’re doing. Paul Lambert is going to have to really roll back the years if they’re to have any chance of staying in the Championship this season - and I don’t think they will because the squad just isn’t there. They’re bottom because their absolutely awful. I’m a firm believer that it wasn’t Lambert or even necessarily Culverhouse that got those results during that golden spell, it was Holt’s and Hoolahan’s. And PL etc simply doesn’t have that calibre of player to call on down the road.... SO....... ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Bethnal - Sorry misread Nuttys email though he was talking about match results doh!

Agree Gill and Hucks in part did a great job pushing the youngsters through, is highly thought of & will be missed

"He good work has been recognised with an improved job. If people think this is about Ipswich trying to point score that is pretty stupid."

Exactly this- the story is actually a pretty boring ''Man who is good at his job gets offered more senior job.''

Not really sure how much you can credit Gill with Cantwell, Aarons and Lewis stepping up. Aarons maybe but last season was Gill''s first season and Lewis was already in the first team and Cantwell was out on loan.

Also hard to tell who is the major influence without knowing how much these U23 players train with the first team in between games.

That said he''s clearly rated as a decent coach by those in the game and seems to have a good rapport with the young players so hard to argue that losing him is ideal.

For me there are two positive points.

i) Lambert has only been successful in the period when Culverhouse joined him at Wycombe.

ii) Whilst Gill has been proved to be a good U23 coach, I am sure the club/Webber will secure an excellent replacement.

[quote user="GPs Beard"]David Freezer just said on Twitter tonight’s defeat is the U23’s fourth in a row in the PL 2 div 2.[/quote]
Problem is that Aarons, Lewis and Cantwell are with the first team.
Abrahams, Bloomfield, Jaiyesimi (though injured) were out on loan.
Oxborough''s joined the first team, and Simon Power, Adam Phillips and Adam Idah were "unavailable" (might have travelled with the first team squad)
It''s the downside of the success and getting players out on loan, is that the U-23 can be pretty lightweight as a result.