Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Matt Gill leaves Norwich U23’s

Possibly. You do get the feeling lambert is a vindictive, bitter man that will do all he can just to get a rise out of anyone connected to our club.

Really, the best way of dealing with lambert is to ignore him, treat him as no different to any other opposition manager. You know he is motivated by hate towards him.

U23 coaches are 2 a penny, he can easily be replaced at that level its about individuals who can possibly step up to tge 1st team

....the good news is that if he''s lamberts no.2, then he''s not nearly good enough for what is needed as a right hand man to get them out of trouble, rather it be Gill than someone better.

Ps ..notice the snake has disabled his twitter account this morning

Weird, as soon as the notification came through from the club, I just had an instant gut feeling he would be joining Lambert. Good riddance - we still have our great academy and will get a better U23’s manager - though I’m sure Lambert will use the blokes inside knowledge to try and poach some of our best youngsters. I hope they’re relegated by Christmas - and given PL’s recent managerial record it could happen 👍

I know we all see thinks through yellow and green glasses but the idea Lambert is hiring a key member of his coaching staff to ''get a rise'' out of Norwich is pretty laughable.

It''s annoying but it''s a promotion for Gill and Lambert obviously knows him already so it is a fairly simple move.

To be fair to Gill this is a big step up and he doesn''t have to uproot his family. As another poster had said i''d have been more upset by Culverhouse joining who also had a long playing history with us, however I think Gill was doing a pretty good job with the u23s.

Heard a rumour last night that alan irvine was joining lambert....that would have concerned me, but the fact that its gill and stuart taylor , whoever that is, ensures he doesnt have the people around him to make the silk purse out of the sows ears thats needed

[quote user="glory.win or die."]I''m not sure it is a big step up from our under 23s to Ipswich first team..

Our under 23s are better, and play in front of more fans..[/quote]
[:D]

You guys really think Webber would have allowed Gill to leave if he really was anygood?

Plus I assume the binners have paid us to buy out Gill''s contract. So that will be the last of their funds.

Next we get Hurst in for our U23, it will be a higher calibre player than he is used to though so he might not be able to handle the jump in quality.

Most surprising, as far as I remember it he was a youth player for us that didn''t work out, came back as a player and then subsequently as a coach once he retired as him and his family are from the Norwich area.
Also disappointing given the media coverage of our Academy progress etc recently when he made out the coaching staff were a tight-knit bunch and seemed genuinely enthusiastic about the project.

[quote user="glory.win or die."]I''m not sure it is a big step up from our under 23s to Ipswich first team..

Our under 23s are better, and play in front of more fans..[/quote]

Your probably right but I think you''ll find it''s going to be a much harder job trying to make Ipswich look decent. He''ll have to introduce the players to a ball first, it''ll be like that aardman film "Early Man".

"What a very apt picture on the club website. "

The one of Farke with his fingers up? I literally laughed out loud!

Not really bothered about this. Nothing special about him. Seems a strange move to take the step down from our U23s to a sunday league team but good luck to him.

More gutted by this than by Lambert to be honest, but based on Lambert''s style it''s a big step up as he''ll be doing all the training, coaching and tactics [:P]