Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Can we keep Timm?

He has become a crucial part of the team recently. Without his goals and assist recently, we would not be where we are now.

We all thought Tettey would go at the end of last season. I know he apparently didn’t get the offers he was hoping for, but I think how he feels about the club helped to convince him to stay, and we have all benefitted from that. Could we convince Timm to stay too? He has spoken more than once about how he loves living in the area. If we did go up a new contract would be a no-brainer for me.

Is he playing well because his contract is up?

Definitely seems more motivated. I have heard he likes the area and the club so I guess it whether he is willing to accept the new wage structure.

I hope he stays.

[quote user="Mike "]Is he playing well because his contract is up? Definitely seems more motivated.[/quote]
To me he has been one of those who looks as if he always gives his best and imo he has always been motivated 100% and I don''t know how anyone could say otherwise.  He has played well since Farke came in and that in itself made him look as if he was playing better and he put in some fantastic performances last season as well as this season, so the fact that his contract is up is pretty irrelevant to his form imo and if he looks extra good now it is mainly because the team are playing extra good as a whole.

If we don''t go up this year you suspect with his wages it would be difficult to get him to sign a new deal.

He''s been outstanding so far this season, I felt our early season patchy form was partly because Hanley wasn''t fully fit and since The Zimm has come in we''ve looked very solid indeed.

He could probably get one more decent contract in his career - if we don''t go up, I doubt it will be here. He would be a great free transfer signing for a promoted team.

I suspect the best we can do is get him to sign an extension on current terms with an understanding that he will leave for a fee if we don''t go up.

I’m basing this on the square root of **** all, but the impression I get is that what we could pay him (and I would have thought we will have a bit more leeway next season with most of the big wage earners gone) is competitive to what he could get in most European leagues. And are there really going to English clubs queuing up to pay well for someone on the fringes of the Swiss squad? His performances have been patchy in previous seasons, I think we may overestimate how others would value him.

I guess I’m just hoping a combination of a positive experience at the club this season and a lack of irresistible offers could see him agreeing to stay since it worked for Tettey.

Afraid we won''t be able to afford him if we don''t go up. Godfrey and Zimmerman next year if still in the Champs.

Our defense is doing well as a whole and he''s been banging them in too ;-) ... I think it all hinges on getting promoted ... which is understandable...

If we don''t go up , I think it''s gonna be difficult to keep him at the Carra

I''m not for a second claiming to be in the know, but I have heard that for Timm money isn''t the reason he plays football.
Supposedly he comes from quite a wealthy background and plays the game for the love of it.  Of course, money talks, so he doesn''t work for free but what I''ve been told is that he really likes the area and the club and is enjoying it here.

The future of several players hinges on how well we do this season, including Timm.  Promotion would solve that particular issue, but he would probably have to accept a contract that gives him less dosh than before - but if he accepts the club''s position and appreciates the reasons for it, he may be happy with that. I do hope so.