Sign in to follow this  
rich

essential canaries reading

while were enjoying the last (and arguably the first) of
the summer sun wondering if anyone could recommend any good
Norwich reads. I saw that book about the twelve greats
of norwich and that looks interesting, and I''ve read
Iwan''s book, but other than that am I missing anything.

Is there any great literary classics related to the canaries
I should be reading to get by until Plymouth on saturday.

THE great Canary classic - "Norfolk ''N'' Good" - if you haven''t read this then you''ve missed out on a very good read - if you''re a fan you''ll identify with every word written in it...

I also remember reading a good short article on Norwich''s ultimately unsuccessful tilt at the Prem title, in a collection of short footy stories published under the "When Saturday Comes" banner...

have to agree with plastic scouser, the book is excellent and if you are of an age (1992-3 season) where you remember it, you will enjoy

there is a follow up about mike walker''s return, which is also good, but as in reality, not quite the same  ..........

i think i remember the one you mean, I have it in a book
called my favourite sporting year edited by nick hornby,anyone
know who wrote it. can''t remember it.

who wrote norfolk ''n ''good, was that a mr n worthington.

"Holidaying in the Canaries," (by the Ukranian travel writer: Itsa Timeshareripoff)  is a pretty good read.

I was undecided where to go on my Hol''s: Gran Canaria, Lanzarote or Tenerife? So I read this book - and went to Hunstanton......  ;~)

[quote]while were enjoying the last (and arguably the first) of the summer sun wondering if anyone could recommend any good Norwich reads. I saw that book about the twelve greats of norwich and that looks in...[/quote]

what about Roy Wallers book "Wallers World"?

avalible with a migority of the price going to several charity''s including the ''east anglian air ambulance'' and the ''Bryan Gunn Leukaemia appeal'' 

priced at £12.95

more of a history of waller than a reading book, but i recommend it if you have not read it

Norfolk n Good is definitely the best Norwich City read , particularly if you remember the season involved.It was written by Kevin Baldwin.The follow up was called Second Coming but it wasn''t even half as good.

Iwans book is a great read too and if you''re looking for a good ''warts n all'' football autobiography try Tony Cascarino''s book - Full Time.

cheers guys, will try check them out. you should all read alex belios history of brazilian football if you haven''t already, very good read