Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Bournemouth...

.....to me some of the players looked a bit jaded today.  Hopefully, a week off will help those that get a rest from the cup game.  Great effort to keep winning games, as they have done, but they need a break. 
I hope the team for Bn''mth is 100% different from today, execpt perhaps Rhodes who can''t play against Sheff Wed. 

Difficult one....if bournemouth have got any sense as a team who look like theyre going to be comfortable in the premier league, theyd go strong for this and go all out to get into the quarter finals and beyond....and if they do and we are too understrength wr could of course run the risk of a hiding.

In the previous rounds I wasnt even thinking about the league but given where we now are we''d be foolish to not have it in our minds.

Think maybe 5 or 6 changes?.....hernandez, tryball, vrancic , pinto?...marshall....woukdnt go too far beyond that

Given the rest is needed something like this would please me
                  McGovern
     Passlack Godfrey Klose Pinto
  Marshall Trybull Vrancic Hernandez
            Srbeny Rhodes
Ideally Klose should have a rest too, but there is no-one at present there to replace him. Hernandez will benefit some minutes on the pitch, as should Pukki if fit enough, from the bench.

That''s good, but I would certainly give Klose a rest above all others.

(I wonder if Thompson has recovered yet?)

TK apart there is a reason to include ll the rest ... either bench players or those recovering from injury. Buendia though does look anxious for every single minute he can be on the pitch so he might be included, or at least the first from the bench if appropriate.

Good spot re: Rhodes.

An even ''fringier'' bench for me.The last thing we want is for this rather difficult but ultimately meaningless fixture to disrupt the first team cause either by injury, fatigue or disappointment.

[quote user="lake district canary"]
Given the rest is needed something like this would please me
                  McGovern
     Passlack Godfrey Klose Pinto
  Marshall Trybull Vrancic Hernandez
            Srbeny Rhodes
Ideally Klose should have a rest too, but there is no-one at present there to replace him. Hernandez will benefit some minutes on the pitch, as should Pukki if fit enough, from the bench.
[/quote]

This does it for me, I’d change all bar Rhodes if possible, I presume Hanley not fit yet?

If Srbeny will be starting Saturday then I’d think about resting him too but he may need the game time.

Press Conference

From Michael Bailey''s twitter feed

Cantwell is hamstring. Farke also confirms he will be starting with a Michael McGovern in goal tomorrow night. Tim Krul gets a rest.

Farke adds the last time Jordan Rhodes played 3 games in 7 days was a few years ago - so he’s conscious of being careful with him.

Further doubts over Klose, Aarons and Buendía - although all 3 will travel to Bournemouth

Teemu Pukki back in team training now too, so he could be an option on the bench tomorrow

Farke admits it’s been tough with Srbeny not getting too many chances to play - but says he’s training well, not far off and liked what he saw from him on Saturday when he came on.

No Stiepermann or Cantwell tomorrow. Tonsillitis and a muscle pull. Cantwell a doubt for Saturday at Hillsborough too

Having read the injury bulletin I would take no risks and go for the following. Hopefully Pukki fit enough to come in next Saturday. We''ve really missed his running and movement even though we have won the last 3.

McGovern

Passlack Zimmerman Godfrey Passlack

Vrancic Trybull

Marshall Srbeny Hernandez

Rhodes

I see Adam Idah is not in the U23’s squad against Fulham tonight. Have not heard he’s injured or suspended, so it sounds like he’ll be traveling with the 1st team tomorrow...

Not sure about the red button but I doubt that it will be.
It''s being shown on tv in the middle east so a stream is certainly possible, as long as you don''t mind Arabic commentary.