Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lambert’s a binner

''the Lambert school of knocking crosses in for a big striker to get his head on?''

I understand different people see things differently but this just comes across as disingenuous rewriting of history to play down what he did here.

While he was here we didn''t play a style of just ''knocking in crosses for the big man.'' Any system predicated on that would not have got the kind of play out of players like Hoolahan, Surman and Fox for a start.

To quote someone else. The Real Madrid manager has been sacked. Bet Paul Lambert regrets taking the Ipswich job now.

i think he might do well there unfortunately

All the other clubs Blackburn , wolves, stoke , Aston Villa

Success was expected where down the road they are in trouble big trouble ,

i think they might suit Lambert''s style of going after teams

the underdog style that did him so well here when we raced though the leagues

Don''t get me wrong he will not get them up to the PL like he did us but i bet he has a good chance of keeping them up ,

only saving grave with lambert any success he has there will be short lived as he will leave as soon as a better offer comes along and they will only have to offer peanuts the state Ipswich are in

Shocking decision from the boy Evans from an Ipswich point of view, surely?

Everyone knows that the boy Lambert was a busted flush by the time of his sacking at Villa. The subsequent appointments merely confirmed it.

Everyone knows that without the boy Culverhouse and the boy Karsa, Lambert simply doesn''t work.

And who is going to be the Ipswich Grant Holt figure who was so key to the Lambert success story here?

Verdict: certain relegation and a hefty payout when they have to sack him. How deep are the Evans'' trouser pockets?

[quote user="Big Vince"]Shocking decision from the boy Evans from an Ipswich point of view, surely?

Everyone knows that the boy Lambert was a busted flush by the time of his sacking at Villa. The subsequent appointments merely confirmed it.

Everyone knows that without the boy Culverhouse and the boy Karsa, Lambert simply doesn''t work.

And who is going to be the Ipswich Grant Holt figure who was so key to the Lambert success story here?

Verdict: certain relegation and a hefty payout when they have to sack him. How deep are the Evans'' trouser pockets?[/quote]

Do you mean ...the boy Holt?

Ha ha, why not try typing some sense without having to slip "the boy" in every sentence. I suspect your ego is as big as Lamberts bank balance!

[quote user="Big Vince"]Shocking decision from the boy Evans from an Ipswich point of view, surely?

Verdict: certain relegation and a hefty payout when they have to sack him. How deep are the Evans'' trouser pockets?[/quote]
Boy I get fed up reading the same thing over and over again.

On 25/10/2018 at 20:31, kick it off said:

He''s Mike Walker Mk 2.

Right place, right time, right club, and right mix of personalities to achieve something phenomenal.

He can''t replicate it because his achievements outshine his talents.

Lambert had the stars align for him when he was here - the fact he''s not just flopped but been a disaster at every club since says it all.

Bumping for posterity (and hilarity)

On 25/10/2018 at 19:47, ricardo said:

A job too big for the real Messiah.

He could get them out of League One though.

Such as this one, kio? Even with this more modest goal (than saving them from relegation last year), it remains to be seen...

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

What a time he had with us - but ever since..

Yep, a salutary lesson to anyone  who thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.  All that glisters  etc.

Lambert's biggest mistake was thinking he, Culverhouse and Karsa could go to Villa and bring their kind of managing/coaching style to the egos there.  Having failed to that, seeing his chief sidekick effectively manouvred out of the club, the writing was on the wall at Villa and for the future.  He has spent the intervening years looking a bit lost and trying to talk his way into success, but without the driving force that Culverhouse was behind him. I'm rather sad he has ended up on the scrapheap that is 1p5wich, as his time with us was legendary, but having gone there, then you have to think he has made his bed and has to lie in it. Actually, I hope he leaves there and goes to a smaller club (if one exists) and rebuilds his career from there.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Lambert's biggest mistake was thinking he, Culverhouse and Karsa could go to Villa and bring their kind of managing/coaching style to the egos there.  Having failed to that, seeing his chief sidekick effectively manouvred out of the club, the writing was on the wall at Villa and for the future.  He has spent the intervening years looking a bit lost and trying to talk his way into success, but without the driving force that Culverhouse was behind him. I'm rather sad he has ended up on the scrapheap that is 1p5wich, as his time with us was legendary, but having gone there, then you have to think he has made his bed and has to lie in it. Actually, I hope he leaves there and goes to a smaller club (if one exists) and rebuilds his career from there.

Really ? Don’t you think he burnt every last bridge of goodwill from us last year ?. I hope that he will have to visit FCR just one more time so we can show him what he has done. 

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The way things are going down there, and where he is certainly taking them, you will struggle to find a smaller club by the time he leaves.

They make mistake after mistake in the appointments and for him to have a 5 year deal is an outrageously funny and desperately poor judgment call again

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Really ? Don’t you think he burnt every last bridge of goodwill from us last year ?. I hope that he will have to visit FCR just one more time so we can show him what he has done. 

Yes, probably, but you can't take those three years away from him completely. It's all a bit sad, but I did say he has made his bed and has to lie in it - he's brought it all on himself by going there in the first place.

22 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yes but not with Ipswich.

i don’t want to see them on our patch anytime soon if ever

• Like 2

Lambert has shown his true colours and is completely lacking in class. Taking the job in the first place was desperation but just about understandable. His behaviour towards us afterwards has been pathetic and has burned all favour at the Club and with the fans . Pure desperation to curry favour with the Binners . It worked for a time - quite unbelievable given his record there even through 3 transfer windows. 

I feel really sad about it, but  equally I am enjoying his demise greatly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Yes but not with Ipswich.

i don’t want to see them on our patch anytime soon if ever

I have given you a little heart lol but would it not be hilarious after thinking about it if we are winning 3-0 and it kicks off with him again ?

Pretty much agree, Lambert hasn’t been very courteous since his final game at Carrow road ironically wasn’t it against Villa, his whole body language that day gave away he’d already made his mind up to leave.

Noticeable that Culverhouse is doing great stuff in charge of K Lynn.

On 31/10/2018 at 07:46, Red Rufus said:

Ha ha, why not try typing some sense without having to slip "the boy" in every sentence. I suspect your ego is as big as Lamberts bank balance!

On 31/10/2018 at 07:54, Big Vince said:

I will choose my own style of writing, thank you.

..... but if one of them now identifies as a girl you could end up in court.