Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lambert’s a binner

Very much meh about Lambert - by no measure a success in his recent posts - and Gill, the latter may have been a first team coach for the future but is he ready now (with L1 cast offs)?

If Lambert was such a good choice could they not have got him in rather than the Shrewsbury guy?

Lambert is a classic mercenary. He binned off Colchester for us then binned off us for Villa.

When project fame and fortune went down the pan he tried his luck at other clubs and then didn''t make a scratch on what he did for us.

Ipswich will be no different, if he does succeed against all the odds then as soon as a bigger club come sniffing he will be off following the pay check again.

Also as a footnote, Lambert got all of his continental possession and attacking coaching ideas when playing in Germany, or more specifically Dortmund.

[url]https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11537434/millwall-3-0-ipswich[/url]
Like men versus boys. Millwall just outmuscled them.
That third goal is just comical.

It’s great to see that there was no bounce effect with the new manager being in the stands today.

What an unpleasant man. And to throw away his legendary status, for a relegation dog fight.

Not that keen Drazen. I would wager after 10 years here and sg3d 36 he would probably not want to tarnish his reputation and standing with us for the sake of a relegation battle with a team of sunday league cloggers. Plus testimonial is still pending. He aint going to the scum.

Lambert will never be a binner for me. He is like Mary Poppins: blown in by the East Wind then blown away by the West Wind, but left Carra a better place than before. That should  never be forgotten. Now the binners'' need is bigger than ours, let''s see what magic Lambert can do for them... 

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I wrote a thing about this:

https://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/best-of-luck-paul-you-need-it#[/quote]

Good read. I''m trusting Lambert can take them down and perhaps finally he''ll realise it was a mistake to have left the fine city for a series of s**tholes

https://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/best-of-luck-paul-you-need-it#[/quote]

Excellent article, Duncan. So true.

Loved the article Duncan, as it is spot on!

I just can''t see them staying up...ME ''s just signed a manager who''s desperate for work...

"Terry Butcher spoke candidly about the shambles at Ipswich Town, the

dilapidated stadium, the people doing the work of three others, the poor

quality squad and the ‘investor’ that owns the club.
The poor bloke

nearly choked when he said how envious he was of Norwich City, their

brave board, their academy, players, results...."
goodness me
where have we heard that before ?

[quote user="Bill"]

"Terry Butcher spoke candidly about the shambles at Ipswich Town, the

dilapidated stadium, the people doing the work of three others, the poor

quality squad and the ‘investor’ that owns the club.
The poor bloke

nearly choked when he said how envious he was of Norwich City, their

brave board, their academy, players, results...."
goodness me
where have we heard that before ?
[/quote]
I must have read it a thousand times on any thread that gives the slightest opportunity for it to be posted. [:P]

Looks like the new Ipswich management team is comprised of three failures and a novice. Could make a good film.
Apples

Is anyone brave enough to admit to having wanted Lambert to replace Farke in the recent past?
Is anyone crazy enough to want to replace our current brand of football with the Lambert school of knocking crosses in for a big striker to get his head on?
Perhaps one positive with Lambert''s new job is that we won''t have to hear constant calls for him to return to Carrow Road whenever he finds himself out of work.