Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lambert’s a binner

Gave me some of my best years as a Norwich supporter but this just shows total lack of class and respect.

Now feel he was great manager for us but probably actually an unpleasant man.

Perhaps they deserve each other.

Quite frankly......I don''t give a damn......Lambert and we, are now a distant history....

Today, I just want us to beat Brentford and push on......and, when we play Lambert''s Ipswich on February 10th 2019......we also beat them, too.....

Sorry for you,

We''re sorry for youuu

Oh Paul Lambert,

We''re sorry for you.

Is pity going to be the best way to play this?

At least if he fails, again, then we''ve got the Agent Lambert stuff to fall back on.

Good times.

Showed his colours on 2 returns to carrow road with Villa when beating us in his classless waving at our directors box after the league cup quarter final and then waving at the barclay after winning in the league......should have no surprise that he should take this job, part of his decision is probably fuelled by wanting to stick 2 fingers up at us.

Despise that club but with him in charge of it too , I''ve never wanted anything so badly to see them go down to division 3 and never come back ...and with him at the helm it would make it all the more sweeter.

"I can’t wait to get going and I’ll be using all my experience - and give everything I’ve got for Ipswich Town. I know about the history of the Club, what a fantastic football club it is and I’m proud to be the manager here." - Paul Lambert.

Squirm.

He mentioned the magic word though so that''s enough to win the lot of them over to his side.

"Relax, relax, look into my eyes, look into my eyes.... ''history.''

"Oh! Our saviour. We love you Paul."

My wish level for them to fail has just gone up another notch.

Disappointed at how he left for Villa. Couldn’t care less after that.

He isn’t inheriting a Wes or Big Grant this time either.

His return to Carrow Rd will now be especially ‘tasty’. I can only hope he continues his rich vein of recent managerial form... whilst we get promoted. Now that would be the greatest NCFC season that I’ve ever witnessed 👍

I was pissed off when I first heard this but already couldn’t care less. My memories go back to Villa fans taunting us at FCR.... and that went well didn’t it.

Lambert will attempt to motivate what he''s got but can''t help but feel this will be hard for him to do - you can''t make a purse out of a sow''s ear - and he will need his kind of players in to make a difference.  Motivation (which is his only ability imo) will not work if the players don''t have the ability to be motivated - or don''t want to be motivated.  The club is rotten through and through and although we were in a terrible state when he arrived at Norwich, he had Grant Holt who had also just started at Norwich and who was his biggest asset on the field and who was unsullied by our previous demise.  Who will be 1p5wich''s inspiration on the field? I suspect none of them.   
Wasn''t that fussed about 1p5wich apart from watching their demise, but this has changed this.
Good luck agents Lambert and Gill, we''ll be rooting for you!
Oh - and the best scoreline in Feb will be 6-1. 

Now they''ve taken Gill too it''s good in a way; everyone can join in with hating Ipswich and Lambert that little bit more..

Also, as a local rivalry and derby it''s been a bit lacking what with Ipswich being so painfully irrelevant. This adds a bit of spice to the fixture without them ending up with a significantly better team so again, good news!

Panic decision by PL as seems he is desperately to work at the moment.

First of all he take most of his jobs during season not on summer and this not work for him lately.

With short of quality squad he only can add momentum motivation and failed soon after that...

May be his last job before back from when all start on Wycombe managerial role ...

Well Lamberts certainly backed his own ability taking this job, the few times I''ve watched Ipswich on the TV they have been the worst team in the division by a fair margin.

I can''t understand why their fans are getting so excited about this appointment. They seem to think they have ''got one over on us'', and that we are all wringing our hands in despair. Personally I couldn''t give a flying f*** who their manager is or where he has worked before, although I must admit it would be a little galling if they do somehow win the derby in Feb. He is probably one of the few managers who, with a bit of luck and the wind in his favour, can save them from the drop.

What they seem to be incapable of grasping is that Paul Lambert couldn''t care less about their tinpot little club, any more than he cares about Norwich, Villa, Wolves, Stoke or Colchester. The only thing Paul Lambert cares about is Paul Lambert. A 3 year deal means nothing - he will only stay there until what he sees as a better offer comes along. If results are sh*t he will stay for the pay, but if by some miracle he starts to turn their fortunes around ''bigger'' clubs will come sniffing round and he will be off like a shot, just like he has always done in the past.

This move just puts Paul Lambert in the shop window and he''ll be hoping a good season will see himself back at a big club. That boat has sailed long ago. It feels more like a Champ boxer on the downside of his career. Not pretty to see.

Well the game at Carrow Road is a stitch on for the TV. It should be an appetising fixture and somewhat similar to our away trip to Colchester so manyyears ago.

To be honest, this is old fashioned football style and what we yearn for. I have butterflies already thinking about it. February 10 can''t come quick enough.

PL quote “ I know about the history, it’s a magnificent club” bet he never said that a few years ago. Now he nicks U23 coach as well , February game is getting more interesting by the minute

As a comparison regarding crossing the divide, would we currently rather have Paul Lambert and Tom Adeyemi, or Jordan Rhodes?

Well that should spice up the local derby somewhat, it was getting boring! Inevitable Norwich v Ipswich, Farke v Lambert comparisons will appear and more pressure on us to sustain a promotion challenge.
Let''s hope we ''Mind The Gap''.

Im not worried avout Lambert at all. He wont succeed there. Theyve got a squad of lower league cloggers and Lambert has achieved no better than mediocrity since leaving us.

He had his moment in the sun with us, thought he was better than he was and jumped ship at the earliest opportunity. Make no mistake, what he achieved with us was nothing short of phenomenal but take Culverhouse out of the package and he has been pretty poor over several years and clubs. Thats not to say Culverhouse was the mastermind or anything, just that Lambert hasnt been able to succeed without him.

I will always be thankful for him saving our club but i think that was the mike walker/nigel Worthington perfect storm when the stars align and they achieve something far beyond what was reasonably expected. I dont think it was Lambert''s ability as a manager that drove us through those seasons and i dont think he will replicate his success with us, down the road with them.

You would have thought the tw@tders would have learned their lesson about soiling themselves over a new manager this season. Hurst was appointed and they thought they were going to walk the league. I dont think Lambert will be able to keep that shower up but he might get them back up at the first time of asking.

I dont really harbour any ill will to Lambert for joining them. Ultimately he is a journeyman who cant stick at a club. If anything i find it quite amusing. He walked out on us for a ''bigger club'', and ultimately its a mark of our comparitive trajectories since that he is now having to take a job nobody else wants at the bottom of the table whilst we are flying up in the playoff positions.

"I know about the history of the club, what a fantastic football club it is and I''m proud to be the manager here."

Is that doublespeak for "They''re living in the bloody past,are as tinpot as it gets but I''m desparate for a job .......until a better offer comes along"

"I know about the history of the club, what a fantastic football club it is and I''m proud to be the manager here."

Is that doublespeak for "They''re living in the bloody past,are as tinpot as it gets but I''m desparate for a job .......until a better offer comes along"

To get Lambert to sign they have had to offer him a contract which runs to the summer of 2021. Pretty much unheard of these days.

Whatever happens down the road Lambert is a winner. Money talks as many posters have rightly observed.

Good luck to him and to Matt Gill (I don’t think we can blame Matt when presented with the opportunity of a promotion). I hope for Matt’s sake that he has signed with a massive pay rise and on a long contract too. If he hasn’t then Lambert has royally stitched him up already and he has naively moved as Lambert’s bag man and fall guy. Lambert can’t lose but Gill might be the one taking all the risks here. Both did a good job at Norwich but times have changed. As they say in the investment world “past performance is no guarantee of future results”.