Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lambert’s a binner

I reckon at his appointment photo shoot, Lambo will raise the blue and white scarf above his head.....Then as the press camera''s start clicking, then immediately flips it over to reveal a yellow and green scarf......oh yeah......

This Culverhouse thing is interesting.
When he was sacked by Villa it was widely reported that there''d been a big bust up between him and Lambert. If they''ve kissed and made up it''ll be a bit like Brian Clough and Peter Taylor did back in the day.
If they have I''m pretty certain they won''t be winning two consecutive Champions League Finals.....

This whole situation isn’t bothering me anywhere near as much as I thought it would. I feel like we’re in a totally different place to Ipswich right now. Going about a common goal in two totally different ways. And after taking a long time to warm to it, I’m loving what we’re about right now with bringing the youngsters through and wot not. I wouldn’t want to go back, and a lambert-esque appointment for us would be a backward step right now.

The lambert era for me is a distant memory (albeit a great one). If he comes good for them I’ll be a bit gutted but if it goes wrong then it could be spectacular and the funniest thing ever, as his margin of tolerance with town fans will be wet bog paper thin at best. He’s gonna have to go some to win them over, given his past I reckon.

Anyway, the man needs a job I guess, and Ipswich need a manager. They’re both very iffy examples of what they are so I guess they’re a good match. What I will be disappointed with is if cully goes there. Not because he’s allegedly “the peter Taylor to Brian clough”, but because he’s a genuine city legend from a golden era.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
When he was sacked by Villa it was widely reported that there''d been a big bust up between him and Lambert. If they''ve kissed and made up it''ll be a bit like Brian Clough and Peter Taylor did back in the day.
[/quote]
Doubt they''ve kissed and made up

My perspective on things:

- He did a cracking job here and nothing changes that.

- His backroom team were a major part of the success

- The leadership from McNally and Bowcott had a huge part to play in the success. Everything was being done right at the club during the whole period.

- I''m pretty gutted that Lambert has so little class to go there, if that''s indeed what happens

- He''s ruthless son of a gun (left us, his Missus etc) and doesn''t have a sentimental bone in his body.

- Will be particularly disappointed if Culverhouse goes there too. Will be a bitter pill to swallow.

All things considered? ITFC is hardly a well run club. If Mick McCarthy struggled to make them competitive, then Lamber is going to have a job on his hands. It won''t take much for the crowd to turn. I live in hope he fails miserably.

A real shame, as I hoped he''d come back to us one day. That dream ends now.

It''s a guy who peaked once joining a group who''s best days were a long time ago.
Joe Dolce joining Fleetwood Mac is a good analogy.

Really do not understand all the fuss. Lambert is a proven successfull manager, currently out of a job. Why should he not take on another offer. Yes he has gone through a bad spell, in common with most football managers, I would have thought most posters would have realised by now there is little loyalty in football, its all about the money. He is going to need a lot of luck as the current Town squad is of little worth and Marcus Evans more or less keeps the Club afloat and thats about it. He will need a lot of luck.

[quote user="vos"]Really do not understand all the fuss. Lambert is a proven successfull manager, currently out of a job. Why should he not take on another offer. Yes he has gone through a bad spell, in common with most football managers, I would have thought most posters would have realised by now there is little loyalty in football, its all about the money. He is going to need a lot of luck as the current Town squad is of little worth and Marcus Evans more or less keeps the Club afloat and thats about it. He will need a lot of luck.[/quote]

Say that to Hucks, Holt, Martin... even Jerome very recently. Sure it''s ''a job'', but these people make choices and their hearts play a part in that.

''The fuss'' is that our most successful manager of recent times is about to become the first person to manage both Norwich and our biggest rivals Ipswich. If that doesn''t stir any emotion at all... well, you''ve lost your passion. m8.

The petulance on this forum is ridiculous.

It''s like somebody''s ex girlfriend many years later going out with somebody they don''t like.

If he had have us directly for Ipswich, then I could understand the fuss, but he hasn''t had anything to do with us for years!

For Lambert turning the Ipswich job down the opportunity to get back into football because he used to manage Norwich City would be laughable.

Look to the future - not the past.

......and Smith must score. wrote the following post at 2018-10-26 5:08 PM:

When he was sacked by Villa it was widely reported that there''d been a big bust up between him and Lambert. If they''ve kissed and made up it''ll be a bit like Brian Clough and Peter Taylor did back in the day........

Media report at the time of culverhouses sacking and Karsa leaving villa. Not a culverhouse/lambert bust up, to do with an enquiry into the formers off-field antics!

Culverhouse, who worked with Paul Lambert, the Villa manager, at Norwich City, Wycombe Wanderers and Colchester, was notified on Friday that his contract had been terminated as a result of an inquiry into off-the-field matters. The 49-year-old’s departure leaves Lambert seeking a new No2 and it remains to be seen whether the Scot will also look for a replacement for Gary Karsa, the head of football operations, who was dismissed last week as part of a separate investigation into allegations of bullying.

You get the feeling that he will have to get a very high percentage of stuff right, very early in his reign, otherwise, the Norwich connection will be used by certain Binner fans to get on his back.

Culverhouse left Grantham, over a week ago, so unless there has been plenty of foresight by the 1p5wich Board, then it is a just a coincidence and 2 + 2 may equal 9

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]You get the feeling that he will have to get a very high percentage of stuff right, very early in his reign, otherwise, the Norwich connection will be used by certain Binner fans to get on his back.

Culverhouse left Grantham, over a week ago, so unless there has been plenty of foresight by the 1p5wich Board, then it is a just a coincidence and 2 + 2 may equal 9[/quote]

This is all abit odd, Culverhouse leaving made me think he''d link up with Lambert, but there doesn''t seem to any mention of him in the report on the Ipswich forum just two guys called Henry (fitness coach) and Taylor as assistant.

Maybe just coincidence and there is still bad blood between the two, the funny thing is the Ipswich fans probably find the idea of Culverhouse more unacceptable but personally I think Lambert is far more likely to succeed if Culverhouse is there.

Lambert did well at Norwich but he''s done diddly since. Good luck turning those tw@ts around. There isn''t much loyalty in football and Lambert is no exception.

We know that their home form is likely to improve - Lambert has never lost a game at Portman Road.

I don''t know if the Lambert style really works any more. Listening to him talk about Martin O''Neill, and listening to Martin O''Neill talk about Brian Clough, it''s clear that both managers struck the fear of God into their players. The Lambert/O''Neill/Clough style involved being detached from the day to day training and coaching, and getting the No2/coach to do that instead, in order to be able to motivate the players better. I was a talk where Paul Lambert described Martin O''Neill turning up to training "Like a visit from Darth Vader".
It''s a style that really depends on the No2, and he hasn''t been the same without Culverhouse. I''d be surprised if they reunited, as I don''t think Culverhouse felt he got the credit for all he did, and bore the brunt from an alleged mutiny from the self-styled "Mr Villa" Gabby Agbonlahor.

Just a thought but didn''t Butcher and Osmond apply for a manager and coach role for us way back in nineteen hundred and frozen to death?

Of course it could be that my old grey matter has frozen to near death!

Lambert could do better and it seems a surprising choice for him.The club have sold their top goal scorer and don’t have the money to compete. He might save them from the drop if he can get people in but he’s not going to progress much beyond that with Ipswich.

McCarthy had them performing at their peak which is mid table.

Since Culverhouse and Karsa left the "dream team" at Villa Lambert has simply been a busted flush. I wish him well, his work here at Norwich was legendary. He''ll not repeat that success. Good luck to him, gone but not forgotten.

Mind you, i do wonder if Russell Martin will be reunited with him 😊

[quote user="djc"]Since Culverhouse and Karsa left the "dream team" at Villa Lambert has simply been a busted flush. I wish him well, his work here at Norwich was legendary. He''ll not repeat that success. Good luck to him, gone but not forgotten.

Mind you, i do wonder if Russell Martin will be reunited with him 😊[/quote]
Can''t see Russ going there, even for Lambert.

Say what you want about Russ Martin as player, but that bloke has a heart. He cares about Norwich, that means something.

Simply put, a different class to Lambert.

im sure its already been mentioned (cant be arsed to read 8 pages on a mobile) but the only way he can remain a city legend is to do a Crook. hilarious if he backed out tmrw.

Lambert''s a football mercenary and his only so-called loyalty is to whoever pays him........and that just happens to be a certain Marcus Evans

They seem to think that we are wary, nay frightened of Paul Lambert ending up at Portman Road because he could bring the same success to them as he did at Carrow Road.

For a starters the situation of both clubs couldn''t differ more.

Some have correctly called PL''s time at Carrow Road the ''perfect storm'' that assessment is not far from the truth.

The situation at Portman Road might best be described as the imperfect storm because nothing fits well for them in the Championship; from the quality of the squad through to the managerial structure and on to the insipid support and financial restraints.

The bottom line is that if Paul Lambert had achieved much of note since leaving Carrow Road he would not now be in a position to accept the poisoned chalice that is ITFC.

Besides, we all know that he''s just there for the money.