Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lambert’s a binner

Oh dear.

Jerome showed class by admitting playing for 1p5wich would ruin the memories of his successes with us. Clearly Mr Lambert has no such morals or feelings.

Is he that desperate for a job?

Gutted... first Hurst was doing such a great job and second (if he does take it), Lambert will finally destroy any good feeling I have for him. Plus how will he feel having two relegations in two years on his CV?

Wonder how Jerome would have seen things had he not had a club/contract.

Spoilt the only decent legacy of his managerial career if true

It would be a bit of a blow to their supporters.

It could have been Steve Bruce and even worse.

On the other hand, if he can''t save them from the drop, he will have enhanced his legacy.....

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

king canary wrote the following post at 25/10/2018 5:35 PM:

Why shouldn''t he work for them?

No ones saying he shouldn’t are they?

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]Oh dear.

Jerome showed class by admitting playing for 1p5wich would ruin the memories of his successes with us. Clearly Mr Lambert has no such morals or feelings.

Is he that desperate for a job?[/quote]
Dear god no. It can''t be true. Worse news ever.
---
The binners are desperate so would take any Norwich talent and The Messiah. He was off like a shot to Villa remember.

Pretty disappointing but then he''s always come across as someone pretty ruthless and with no real sentiment. Clearly a man who places no stock in loyalty.

A guy I have continued to hold in high regard even though he walked out on us to join Villa in a fairly grubby manner (although in fairness we should not have been surprised as he did the same to col U to join us).

The only consolation is that if it does not go well his ex Norwich links will see their fans turn very quickly and we all know that he has not been the same manager since he went to Villa. Its fairly well known that Culverhouse was the man doing most of the work on the training ground and the pre-match tactics so lets hope that they have not patched up their differences and are not teaming up again. Lambert on his own has never really had success anywhere.

Correct me if I''m wrong but wasn''t it part of the story over his strop and subsequent departure that he couldn''t get the funds he wanted from the board?
Interesting RE: how he works with Evans if so.

[quote user="Mason 47"]
Correct me if I''m wrong but wasn''t it part of the story over his strop and subsequent departure that he couldn''t get the funds he wanted from the board?
Interesting RE: how he works with Evans if so.
[/quote]
His subsequent record will probably mean he''s changed his mind...

He''s free to take whatever job he''s offered I suppose, but if he takes it, it demonstrates a real lack of class.

The fact he''d even consider it shows how far he''s fallen - they''re welcome to each other.

Lambert can''t last 5 minutes at a club before throwing in the towel these days, and he will do the same again when he realises that he can''t save that shower.

Yes Swindon, he has left Grantham Town...but I thought there was animosity between Lambert and Culverhouse which was why they hadn''t worked together since Villa? Can''t see Cully going to Ipswich, he is a Norwich legend.

But then I would have said the same about Lambert 😐

Lambert going there I can stomach, as I don''t feel much sentimentality over him given his personality and the way in which he left us. Were Culverhouse, one of my late-80s idols to join him though I''d feel fairly conflicted. Hopefully, he''ll do an Ian Crook and have second thoughts when he sees the state of the place...

And another upshot is that if he miraculously does well for them (please God know) then he''ll be off at the first better offer that comes his way!

[quote user="Grando"]Lambert going there I can stomach, as I don''t feel much sentimentality over him given his personality and the way in which he left us. Were Culverhouse, one of my late-80s idols to join him though I''d feel fairly conflicted. Hopefully, he''ll do an Ian Crook and have second thoughts when he sees the state of the place...[/quote]
Lambert and Culverhouse might work up to a point, but they would be missing one vital ingredient - Grant Holt - and I can''t see him going to help them out.....