Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Lambert’s a binner

".. And who BEST to end Ipswich’s winless decade against us?

"Who best?" unusual turn of phrase for a City supporter!

Surely you mean who is most "likely?"

He has no integrity and no affinity or respect for the fans of any club he’s at. It’s just a job to him. Fair enough but it’s a shame because he’s tarnishing his legacy at the only club where he is regarded by the fans with any affection for his managerial achievements. That’s sad.

He can console himself with the money when he’s retired and he’s not welcome at any of his former clubs or liked by anyone.

If Culverhouse goes there it’s equalky as sad. This is a man who played hundreds of times for us and who would appear to be so desperate to go and work for the sc*m he’s swallowed his pride after falling out with Lambert big time just two years ago.

Phew, Lincoln reckons Ipswich will do well under Lambert.

Since he has a 100% failure rate in being correct on here we can all rest easy. They''re going down.

It really doesn''t phase me if he goes there. As has been said, it was a perfect storm when he came here, and he has had plenty of opportunities to repeat that since, with different clubs, and not come anywhere near. He has nothing to lose when he arrived, obviously there was potential, and he ran the wave of that, and we all won.

His departure from us? Well, it reflected his departure from Colchester didn''t it?

Perhaps, especially if they go down, this will give him a chance of getting close to it again, but if they stay up, they have no money to spend in January (PL will possibly come up with a surprised reaction to that news, and use it to defend his reputation)

When he came to us, he had some Championship (and ultimately Premier League) players in a League One team, but now he has League One and Two players in a Championship team, without any signs that they can even survive in the Championship, nor any chance of PL having the resources to back him get the Binners anywhere close to Mick McCarthy''s highest position with them, or higher.

Hope you''re right Hog !

I feel it''s a bit of a kick up the backside for City fans...as Culverhouse was one of the best players at City in the late eighties and a bit of a club icon. Lambert though did a good job here , but still ... He just left us for the money...so he will take whatever job is offered to him now , whoever comes asking...

I really hope he flops and the sc*m go down , down , down,... He hasn''t done anything special since leaving NCFC , so I don''t think he''ll be their new Messiah...

Even by your standards, thats a particularly odd post.

People always end up revealing what they''re actually like on here.

I suppose Lambert going there is your best chance of being right when you said theres very little difference between the two teams? Money says you''re going to be wrong. Yet again.

Lambert has never been one for loyalty and lacks class on occasion but his ruthless determination to succeed at all costs was why we loved him when he was here.

When he left it was disappointing but I think many fans gave him benefit of the doubt and blamed McNally more. I even remember him getting a pretty good reception when he returned and what did he do? Celebrated wildly on the pitch when villa scored, so although it is disappointing to me, I dont think he will ever get them above mid table mediocrity but then right now that woukd be fantastic for them.

But forget Lambert.. would we swap farke for Lambert now? Would we be 6thif Lambert was in charge under the same financial constraints? All that matters is that we are in a great place right now and the future looks very bright, whatever happens at Ipswich, the best they can hope for really is 14th or 15th place, and that''s if they have a really good season!

Yes Lambert got off very lightly really in terms of the fan reaction when he walked out with people tending to blame the club. He completely manufactured that departure and indeed had already been in talks with Villa well before any bust up at Norwich or approach from Villa. He has only ever been interested in himself. Whilst he was with us that was obviously mutually beneficial and lets not try and make out he''s not a decent manager because his drive, determination and game management are all very good but sometimes a manager arrives at a club and it all just fits. He got away with decisions and team selections that probably at another time would not come off for him because everything just went right for 3 years when he was here and he had Holt, Wes and Martin in prime form. Tellingly the same did not happen at Villa.

I just really, really hope he does not try and take Wes there in January. Seeing Wes play for that lot would be very, very hard to take.

Lambert showed who he was in the way he walked out from us to seek fame. He said at the time the truth would come out. Yet you also sensed from board comments that there was a stubborn individual in him. I loved his 3 years with us. But hated his actions on the touchline when manager of Villa when he turned to the main stand and celebrated a goal. That was not the actions of someone with any respect. I suppose he would say fans give him grief. He would also come out with platitudes about his time with us. Then will say someone believes in him to give him a challenge and he is doing a job. I cannot help thinking he is cold and calculating. Culverhouse too. He left Lynn in the lurch at the very point of success..

We give too much of ourselves in thinking about successful managers. Lambert is just thinking of his career, his family and will know all about loyalty or lack of it. And yet he will the idea of joining our rival. His way is to be motivated by something, an underdog mentality perhaps.

I feel sad that any remaining positive feelings for his achievements with us will decrease but long term I will remember his time with pleasure. The Binners job though is going to be easier than Hurst''s brief, because of their current expectations ....but a very difficult one.

Meanwhile, and of far more importance is the great story developing at NCFC and our current season, squad and potential. Lambert is yesterday''s fish and chips newspaper. We though can look ahead to our new chapter. And which story is more interesting?

Success of this for them hinges on whether they get Culverhouse imo. Lambert on his own might motivate enough to get them out of trouble but to get them higher I think they''ll need Culverhouse.

[quote user="sonyc"]Lambert showed who he was in the way he walked out from us to seek fame. He said at the time the truth would come out. Yet you also sensed from board comments that there was a stubborn individual in him. I loved his 3 years with us. But hated his actions on the touchline when manager of Villa when he turned to the main stand and celebrated a goal. That was not the actions of someone with any respect. I suppose he would say fans give him grief. He would also come out with platitudes about his time with us. Then will say someone believes in him to give him a challenge and he is doing a job. I cannot help thinking he is cold and calculating. Culverhouse too. He left Lynn in the lurch at the very point of success..

We give too much of ourselves in thinking about successful managers. Lambert is just thinking of his career, his family and will know all about loyalty or lack of it. And yet he will the idea of joining our rival. His way is to be motivated by something, an underdog mentality perhaps.

I feel sad that any remaining positive feelings for his achievements with us will decrease but long term I will remember his time with pleasure. The Binners job though is going to be easier than Hurst''s brief, because of their current expectations ....but a very difficult one.

Meanwhile, and of far more importance is the great story developing at NCFC and our current season, squad and potential. Lambert is yesterday''s fish and chips newspaper. We though can look ahead to our new chapter. And which story is more interesting?[/quote]

Not so sure his family come into his thoughts either - all about one man!

A very cold, ruthless man. As I have said above no doubt the money will console him when he''s retired and no longer welcome at any of his former clubs. Obviously to him that''s not important. Makes you realise that the likes of Hucks, Eadie, Holt and even Russell Martin, players who genuinely care about the club, are worth valuing.

Just with regard to his record at other clubs since he left, people compare everything to what happened here but how many managers bring promotions/titles to every club they go to?

The majority of managers out there are keeping their club afloat (or trying to) in whatever league they are in.

Twtd makes for interesting reading. Sounds like it’s a done deal, with PL taking over after the weekend game. He’s no longer Sir Paul in my eyes. The derby should be a lively one.

I cannot believe all the fuss about this and the hysterical levels are completely unjustified.

However, we were just club to him. No more, no less. And why not? What many fans didn''t realise that he often close to leaving in his tenure. ''He''s been trying to leave since he got here'' is what one Director at the time allergy said. Plus his relationship with McNally was extremely frosty, due in part to McNally stopping him from speaking to other clubs.

So while the Lambert era was brilliant and will never be forgotten, he was never as loyal as some fans think and at the end of the day, he was an out of work manager looking for a job and Ipswich appeared to have come along.

While I hope he doesn''t do too well, it is a good appointment for them and ha store be taken in context and without bias.

Anyone who thinks Lambert is a Traitor simply doesn''t understand football.

He owes Norwich City nothing.

I do understand fans not liking the idea of him managing Ipswich- I''m not over the moon.

It is when people start bringing in talk or ''class'' or ''morals'' as if he owes Norwich and the fans such a debt of gratitude that he should remain unemployed that you lose me.

[quote user="king canary"]I do understand fans not liking the idea of him managing Ipswich- I''m not over the moon.

It is when people start bringing in talk or ''class'' or ''morals'' as if he owes Norwich and the fans such a debt of gratitude that he should remain unemployed that you lose me.[/quote]

We’re fickle football fans.. it’s what we do. During our normal professional lives we’d more likely congratulate a fellow employee joing a rival company. But football is different. It merges professional occupation with entertainment, in which fans are an essential part. And entertainment needs all sorts.. including judas pantomime villains, which is exactly what Lambert is!

I''m delighted with the impending appointment as I believe it will end in tears.

Virtually everything that club embarks upon since the inauguration of the Premiership/Premier League has been a flop. It has been a gradual decline that even a genuine Messiah will be unable to reverse.

Paul Lambert is possibly one of the most self-seeking individuals in a particularly ruthless profession.

For sure, he was was brilliant for us with a ''fair wind'' behind him, but we were brilliant for him. Then he walked, he was not sacked.

Paul Who?

ITFC/Paul Lambert ... a very bad fit.

1p5wich have become such an irrelevance it has been difficult to generate much emotion as it has long ceased to be a rivalry. They haven''t been a peer club for donkeys years.

But Lambert going there will help. I struggle to name a couple of their players these days. But his tenure will create interest. If Mccarthy struggled with fans and owner Lambert will implode. He will want funds.

His time at Norwich was golden but I think we now understand that success needs a player/supporters bond, good back room leadership and the right assistants and players. It ALL has to come together.

I fell out with Lambert after seeing his touchline behaviour when Villa beat us in a cup game. He and his new side both belong in the past.

He will have to be a miracle worker to improve them. They do not have much quality and organisation and commitment only go so far.

He will go there with enough time to sort out before the January window. Then he will find out how much Evans trusts him to improve them.

We can never underestimate the joy his tenure at NCFC brought. We can''t wipe history and I wouldn''t want to.

I don''t know the man personally but did find him a bit cold when interviewed but I guess he will win their supporters over if he does a decent job.

If this does happen, Lambert should be removed from the Norwich Hall of Fame immediately.

Say what you want about ''business'' but football is still about people. It is the coldest of moves and undoubtedly shows a man that has no affinity or affection with the club whatsoever.

Hero status would be well and truly over and he wouldn''t be bothered in the slightest.

The rubbish goal keeper that got us relegated. If that is true, that''s pathetic for so many reasons.

The coldest of blue those two, time for a purge, get rid.

Tbh I couldn''t give a s**t where he goes. Even if it''s to that lot.

People seem to think he should be loyal to us, but what for? He left the club over 6 years ago, and also he wasn''t exactly loyal to us then! I recall an occasion in our Championship season when he threatened to sod off to Burnley who were much further down the league than we were. They were early warning signs, and he''d only been here just over a year at that point.

Also I vividly remember the game where he bought Villa down here and did us 4-1 and was celebrating each goal wildly.

If he didn''t have any respect or loyalty then, then you can''t be surprised that he has ended up at the binners.

I''m not sure that he owes nothing to Norwich City. Whilst it is a hard business for managers, they get paid like kings. And his success and support made him the manager he was, with opportunities to manage in the Premier League and later in the Championship. Alex Neil is one who does respect what Norwich did for him. I know he worked hard. But he often was keen to say what Dortmund and MON did for him. But not us.

And I understand the comments about feelings but this is an entertainment business, it''s ALL about feelings. Just look at this forum after a loss! We have every right to express our thoughts and reactions. Otherwise, what is the point of being a supporter. You can rarely remain unaligned. It isn''t about being too attached but it is about nailing your colours.

Let''s just move on and collect the next 3 points...certainly the home game against them will have more spice. Thus time though Lambert will get a nice dose of karma. It always has a tendency to come back on you. You won''t see Farke fist pumping with some misplaced anger that is for sure. 4-0 to us awaits