Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

U23s live on You Tube

0-1 City, Alfie Payne.

Pleasing to see some talented lads on show. Very impressed with Adam Phillips so far, his passing and vision is quite exceptional. One to watch.

This is better than the first team.

Why has Abrahams got a short sleeved shirt on but wearing gloves?

Hope Farke is watching this game then perhaps we would have more points than we have now.This is how Norwich used to play

The Greek lad we got from Arsenal, Mourgos, looking pretty lively too and hit the crossbar just short of halftime. I will say again, Phillips looks a talent - it was said that Liverpool rated him very highly (‘the new Gerrard’ I believe was the phrase coined) but had concerns over a lingering back problem or something? Regardless, definitely our gain - I can see him breaking into the seniors at some point next season even if it’s more appearances from the bench to start with. Hoping Adam Idah gets half an hour or so second half, another of our highly coveted U23’s who sounds like he has a big future. I like the way Matt Gill has us playing - enjoyable to watch, keep it up lads 👍

Looks like your wish has come true Alex. Idah coming on.

Abrahams not really impressing me. Fonkeu OK. Neither going to be in the 1st team anytime soon.

Started the 2nd half slowly but now it really is all us.

Yes. Aransabia always making himself available at left back. I''m quite impressed with their attitude.

26K to be bored every fortnight and nobody watching an entertaining game.

Well done lads. Good end to the season.

Fonkeu looks the type of player we need in the first team, direct, fast and skilful. Also impressed with Aransibia and Odusina.

Fantastic dominant performance especially considering how many players we have on loan.

Some of the younger lads developing very quickly.

A well deserved win, and much to cause us all optimism. Phillips and Aransabia both stood out, Mourgos as well. Think Abraham has a little work to do before he troubles the first team on that showing as already mentioned, but to be fair Fonkeu impressed me with his directness and strength so I will watch his progress with interest - I like players who aren’t hesitant and like to put the opposition on the back foot and cause a little panic which I thought he did pretty well. I did get my wish with Idah and I thought he’d be played as a more out an out striker, perhaps as Abraham’s direct replacement in the second half, but regardless, he didn’t put a foot wrong when he came on, and as a team, we looked very decent I felt and a league above Villa. Wish NCFC would stream some of our youth games - great to watch. Well done lads, great result - OTBC!

Can''t believe I was watching the same game as some of you lot (excellent quality broadcast BTW). Either side would be slaughtered by a L1 team; the number of opportunities gifted to the opposition by atrocious passing was horrendous. The closing down, tackling & pressure generally was nothing like a first team game.

If you want to see Norwich play like that next season be prepared for a rapid descent into non-league football.

Quite impressed by Fonkeu. Got a bit about him.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Can''t believe I was watching the same game as some of you lot (excellent quality broadcast BTW). Either side would be slaughtered by a L1 team; the number of opportunities gifted to the opposition by atrocious passing was horrendous. The closing down, tackling & pressure generally was nothing like a first team game.

If you want to see Norwich play like that next season be prepared for a rapid descent into non-league football.

Quite impressed by Fonkeu. Got a bit about him.[/quote]

Eh? Our pressure and closing down was superb, coupled with some quick attacking was what won us the game - how you can paint a picture of the opposite I have absolutely no idea 😳

Both teams were enthusiastic, but got turned over all the time. There was mistake after mistake.

We know how easily opposition teams against us turn any pass misplaced by us - even well into their half - into a goal. Either team would have been slaughtered by any half decent team in the Championship.

You have to compare like for like. The game was quite entertaining, but you can''t compare it to what the first team is up against every week.

Ron, it is an U23 development league, not the Champions League...

This a proving ground for players to develop and improve, and it is mainly full of upcoming kids with the odd reserve/injury comeback pro. Of course the game is going to be full of mistakes and chances galore.

Let''s not forget our U23''s beat 2 League one sides 4-1 and 6-1 in the EFL Cup last season...

AJ, I completely understand. It''s just that translating that performance into a recipe for success at first team level is total, utter bilge.

It was fun, but that''s as far as it goes. And it is true you can spot potential; as I said Fonkeu seemed to have a bit about him - reminded me of Darius Vassell in being a quick, compact, darting sort of player who''s strong on the ball (essential in the Champs.).

I''d imagine most Championship under 23 teams would get beaten by a League One team.

The point of the u23''s isn''t really to win games it is to produce players. We could lose every game next season but if we got 2 or 3 players into the first team it would be a success.

3 under 17 players and we beat the team in second place, away. Some bad passes later on from the youngsters later on but that is understandable.

Oxborough had very little to do but looks an excellent prospect.

Blimey Ron. You are taking it a bit too serious.

The ground was empty on a Monday night and both teams entertained us even if the football wasn''t of the highest standard.

And that was all that mattered.

I did not see the Game but were the Under 23''s tactics the same as the first team ?

reason i ask i thought the whole Webber thing was that all teams through the club were to play the same so easier for players to slot in