Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Mind the Gap Part 8.

Under the heading: "Potential Summer Sales ... How much would they go for?

The binners are reflecting upon their perceived incoming this Summer:-

Bart - £3m.

Knudsen - £500k if we''re lucky.

Sears - £250k-£500k?

Dozzell - not sure given his injury.

Norwich City''s potential sales:

Maddison £25m

Oliveira £3-5m (much more was offered previously.)

Murphy £5m+ (interest from PL clubs already apparently.)

Klose £6m ( a solid reputation and has PL class.)

ITFC = £4m maximum

NCFC = potential £40m+

Oh dear!

Having said all that I consider Martyn Waghorn to be their most saleable player and wouldn''t object to a City bid up to £5m (if we have it that is.)

Gives a good sense of perspective for the future. Quite a stark difference!

I didn''t think Bart could command a fee as her was out of contract?

If that is true we could get revenge for Andy Marshall. He''s a quality keeper and has had a lot of practice at Ipswich.

Have you seen in the thread claiming wes has jumped ship that one of them is excelling in their dimwittedness by claiming madders will only go for 8m + add ons? They do make me laugh at times...

Yes. I just re-visited and saw that CS.

Clueless ... the thing is they wouldn''t know Quality if it was on the Street where they lived ... hmmm.

So much gloating based upon misconceptions.

Perhaps they could get their calculators out and work out just how much extra income we will likely accrue over a 23 (home) match season with our average gate likely to be more than theirs by 10, 000. We have the occasional cup run to; they don''t do these apparently.

OR: add up just how much total rent that they have to pay the council and ME Enterprises just to actually stage a home game.

Do they currently pay interest to ME? I know he gets shirt sponsorship on the cheap.

We''ve got one player that could go for north of £20m and several I reckon we could get £5m+ for depending on circumstances.

They have their player of the season out of contract in the summer and maybe one player a team might pay £4-5m for right now.

[quote user="canarydan23"]If that is true we could get revenge for Andy Marshall. He''s a quality keeper and has had a lot of practice at Ipswich.[/quote]
He''s not that great. They make him out to be some kind of demi-god, when reality is he is a slightly above average keeper for this league. He''s not even in the top 5 in my book. Made his debut for Poland the other month and I think it''s safe to say he won''t be making any more appearances - wasn''t Theoklitis bad but looked horribly out of his depth and made several mistakes, which he got away with largely.
£3mill is far too much for an OK keeper. There''s better options out there.
Although it is almost worth £3mill just to wind that lot up by signing him to be fair. 

Couple of classic posts on there Bigears......."My Nodge Season Ticket holding friend reckons that Gunn, Reed,

Maddison, Klode, Pinto, Lietner, Murphy, Oliveira, Martin, Naismith and

Jarvis will all go this summer. He’s expecting a tough season next year,

and won’t be rule out the possibility of relegation, which is quite

something for the normally oh so cocky canaries".
And......."It''s a big big summer for them. They may get it right but it could go

horribly wrong. I don''t subscribe to this German outfit so let''s hope it

another horrendous season. WHEN Maddison does go there really isn''t

anything between Us and them apart from we are financially secure
".
[:D]

Blimey [:O] ..... some ridiculous guff on that site!I don''t normally

look at it but had to have a squizz today and I am utterly ...

seriously, amazed at their perception of what their club is and and what

position they are in financially.I just can''t believe that anyone,

even those tw@ts, can seriously believe that they they are in a better

financial position than us. They own nothing and owe plenty. It''s common

knowledge that they teeter on the brink of financial ruin, how the ****

do they think they are secure???Sorry ... rant over, just can''t believe what I just read [8-)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Couple of classic posts on there Bigears......."My Nodge Season Ticket holding friend reckons that Gunn, Reed,

Maddison, Klode, Pinto, Lietner, Murphy, Oliveira, Martin, Naismith and

Jarvis will all go this summer. He’s expecting a tough season next year,

and won’t be rule out the possibility of relegation, which is quite

something for the normally oh so cocky canaries".
And......."It''s a big big summer for them. They may get it right but it could go

horribly wrong. I don''t subscribe to this German outfit so let''s hope it

another horrendous season. WHEN Maddison does go there really isn''t

anything between Us and them apart from we are financially secure
".
[:D][/quote]

What’s wrong with that statement? If you read the thread, Phil Ham has also mentioned that there is a shortfall in your budget that you’ll have to cover via the sale of players you’d presume. Whereas all out debt is owed solely to our owner who’s also putting money into the club every year to prop up that budget. Who’s going to prop up your budget now? Yeah you’ll have higher attendances but that’s not going to solely give you a decent budget. Perhaps that’ll provide an extra 1-2m? That aside, you’ll probably need another 5-6m every summer just to stay afloat/have any sort of competitive budget. Where’s that coming from? A firesale every summer perhaps?

Keano! You''ve made many such forrays onto the pink un over the past 8 years. After each and every one you''ve had to slink off with your tail between your legs. On a scale of 1 to 10 how confident are you that this time will be different and the dog will finally have his day?

On to more immediate matters our pledge is not going to hurt either of us. I think the most it could cost me is a fiver and the most for you would be £7. Maybe we''ll end up level points?

[quote user="King Keano"]What’s wrong with that statement? If you read the thread, Phil Ham has also mentioned that there is a shortfall in your budget that you’ll have to cover via the sale of players you’d presume. Whereas all out debt is owed solely to our owner who’s also putting money into the club every year to prop up that budget. Who’s going to prop up your budget now? Yeah you’ll have higher attendances but that’s not going to solely give you a decent budget. Perhaps that’ll provide an extra 1-2m? That aside, you’ll probably need another 5-6m every summer just to stay afloat/have any sort of competitive budget. Where’s that coming from? A firesale every summer perhaps?[/quote]Er! Our turnover without parachute payments will be c. £30m compared with your £16m. Plus there''s no rent to pay for the ground or training ground. With Evans money your total income is around £20m which means we have an extra £10m advantage over you. Sorry old son, we''re in transition whereas you lot are in terminal decline.RIPswich. [<:o)]

Evans cannot/will not underwrite the losses for ever more.

Besides, he still classifies it as debt and it increases by the year.

Many binnermen are keen for him to sell up. Oblivious of the fact that there is nothing much to actually sell. The value of the squad is lowish as has been pointed out on TWTD and a fact which prompted this thread.

They own neither the ground nor the training ground so there is a minimum of equity. The ''goodwill'' of the business is emphasised by the tragically low attendances reached this season.

This has all been pointed out many, many times with appalling consistency, by others and myself on this forum, but it fails to sink into their limited thinking.

A train crash waiting to happen and I just hope that local businesses have kept their invoicing up to date.

Delia Smith might not have the funds of Marcus Evans ( not that it seems to matter in the long run) but NCFC has so many more other avenues of financial superiority that go beyond a playing staff worth significantly more than the second-raters of ITFC. We have much better gates and the income from an extra ten thousand or so per home game is far more than the limited mathematical skills of our visitor, that were exposed during this thread, came up with. Get yer calculator out matey!

We have Academy 1 and all the benefits that will eventually bestow upon us. We have superior catering and extra-mural income, more lucrative sponsorship and are a more attractive proposition for investors with no debt and ABOVE ALL the equity that comes with owning your own ground, training ground and other facilities.

Perhaps they should concern themselves with the cost of paying rent for their ground, their training ground and the cost of the maintenance needed on their decaying stands and ploughman''s pitch rather than look through their blue tinteds at perceived shortcomings in the finances of Carrow Road.

And you wonder why I refer to the binners as the terminally dim.King Binno is a classic example. No facts, no figures and no grasp at all beyond regurgitating some tosh the head dimwit posted up - which is based on NCFC''s accounts as of June 2017.A considerable amount has happened since then. A fair number of players have left. The wage bill will have dropped accordingly and money from the transfer of players will have been raised.I don''t doubt that all is in hand, and warnings were directed at what the consequence of that ''all in hand'' would be, rather than that the club was in crisis. The reality is that for time first time in many a year our impoverished neighbour''s delude themselves that we will be equal... solely on the basis that NCFC will be run with a level of incompetence that only the red faced Sheep Shyster could achieve.So once again King Binno and the other half witted farm hands on twtd are over exciting themselves, not because their grubby little club in the ar se end of nowhere is improving, but that they feel that City will cock things up as badly as they have done.Dear me, how desperate do you have to be to have only that to cling to ?RIPswich

It’s a sad state of affairs when fans are trying to score points on which club is in the most financial shit! Modern football eh! Just for clarity though, Ipswich are clearly in a far, far worse financial position than we are. But let’s not kid ourselves, at the moment our position isn’t looking too great either.

[quote user="JF"]It’s a sad state of affairs when fans are trying to score points on which club is in the most financial shit! Modern football eh! Just for clarity though, Ipswich are clearly in a far, far worse financial position than we are. But let’s not kid ourselves, at the moment our position isn’t looking too great either.[/quote][Y]

King Keano, I trust you have been heavily involved (responsible even?) with your Club''s finances over the last few years? Only saying because no one , with a modicum of a business head, would get a figure of £1-2M extra, from the difference of each Club''s attendances.

Dear oh dear.

[quote user="JF"]It’s a sad state of affairs when fans are trying to score points on which club is in the most financial shit! Modern football eh! Just for clarity though, Ipswich are clearly in a far, far worse financial position than we are. But let’s not kid ourselves, at the moment our position isn’t looking too great either.[/quote]No, it''s not as if we aredebt freealmost full house attendancesplayers worth a huge amount as assetsthe ground and training ground belonging to usis it ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Keano! You''ve made many such forrays onto the pink un over the past 8 years. After each and every one you''ve had to slink off with your tail between your legs. On a scale of 1 to 10 how confident are you that this time will be different and the dog will finally have his day?

On to more immediate matters our pledge is not going to hurt either of us. I think the most it could cost me is a fiver and the most for you would be £7. Maybe we''ll end up level points?[/quote]

Of course & i’ll Stick to my word. I suspect I’ll end up paying out. Perhaps the same bet next season?

In 2010 King Binno gave us this little gem" Hoolahan, out of his depth in Championship..."and

"Norwich City - Financialy stuffed?"

though sadly as City continued to head towards the PL we heard little more from our dinwitted neighbours as posted below in Oct 2010 I wonder who was correct th followig May

[quote user="Bigears"]..........and our old friend factualblue

What has happeneed to them ? We miss their wonderfully insightful views

on their impoverished club.

"I personally think the joke will be on you come May - we certainly look

like a team that doesn''t like to get beat."

" a team that is full of pace, flair whilst being streetwise and not

knowing when it is beaten"

"When you look at your defence in comparison to ours, who have a number

of international caps under their belts, there is no contest"

" All of our XI are far superior to anyone in your side"

"Whilst you have dived in for all those top class League 1

players…Certainly shows just how ambitious you are as a club!"

Only three teams scored less goals, only four teams lost less games,

four defeats in a row

Less than a point a game which is below relegation form over a season

Signing a Div 1 reserve striker and getting tonked by their neighbours

as said before - there is more fun to come as the paupers continue their

slow slide to oblivion - just a shame our favourite suffolk farmhands

aren''t here to add to the that fun[/quote]

"It’s a sad state of affairs when fans are trying to score points on which club is in the most financial *! Modern football eh!"

We''ve had this point made before and it''s not as clever as it sounds.

Football has always been dominated by money, it''s not a modern phenomena and differs only as much as the sums and rewards are much greater these days.

Take NCFC. From the time men had to walk around the pitch at half-time with a blanket collecting money/coins in order to keep the club afloat to then having to sell our first million pound player in Justin Fashanu and many more before and since. Then there were the various bale-outs and loans needed over the course of the years, more latterly from Delia Smith.

A football club by necessity is a business with running costs and overheads and customers to keep happy and facilitate.

A professional football club is not a charity and it does not run on thin air or survive on donations. To try to separate it from nasty money is naive.

Local businesses and charities have suffered because the accounts of a football club have been badly handled, and not just those down south of us.

It''s what it is and the fact that it has been somewhat tarnished by Russian oligarchs and the rest cannot deny the historical realities.

Besides, I just happen to like football in the modern era. Luxurious grounds, super facilities, constant happenings and exposure, frequent live games on the television, streams, saturation in the press and football forums etc. etc.

It all mean that the modern day football fan is more financially astute and able to keep abreast of the value or otherwise of market transactions and the effects of costs and wages etc. upon the health of his club and then assuming, but not always correctly, that the more wealth there is behind their club the more likely it is to bring them better players to watch, better football and a higher status in the hierarchy of things.

It''s the way of the world these days and you either accept it or live in constant disgruntlement longing for the bye-gone years as seen through your rose tinted spectacles and selective memories.

You’ve completely missed the point. Of cause finances have always been there. But today it’s used as a tool to gloat with. Social media has given a platform for fans to laud over other teams fans. And when there is nothing worth cheering on the pitch, it turns to a clubs financial position in a pathetic way to try sand score points as there isn’t anything on the field worth celebrating

"It all mean that the modern day football fan is more financially astute

and able to keep abreast of the value or otherwise of market

transactions and the effects of costs and wages etc"
or gormless enough to swallow any old guff as it gives them the felling that they ''are in the know'' and so can chunter on with each other on the basis of accepted ''fact''you will get the same with religious idiots who will talk of some bloke making the earth in six days, never querying why a supposed omnipotent ''person'' could not do it all in a nano second (or less)and whilst on that subject the void that is poorman road is about to be transformed as Evans (after ten and a half years) has decided that he will speak unto the hapless farmhands and out line how things are gong to be from now on inthough I suspect it will amount to little in the way of ''manna from Evans'' and more a case of pie in the skyall too easy when you are dealing with those wanting to believe

[quote user="Bigears"][quote user="JF"]It’s a sad state of affairs when fans are trying to score points on which club is in the most financial shit! Modern football eh! Just for clarity though, Ipswich are clearly in a far, far worse financial position than we are. But let’s not kid ourselves, at the moment our position isn’t looking too great either.[/quote]No, it''s not as if we aredebt freealmost full house attendancesplayers worth a huge amount as assetsthe ground and training ground belonging to usis it ?[/quote]Is it? We shall see, but there is no reason to suppose the kind of large shortfall caused by the end of the parachute payments, for which we have been budgeting, by way of one big-money player sale and cuts to the wage bill, will recur. If our income is around 30m that should be adequate to survive.

"You’ve completely missed the point. Of cause finances have always been there. But today it’s used as a tool to gloat with. Social media has given a platform for fans to laud over other teams fans. And when there is nothing worth cheering on the pitch, it turns to a clubs financial position in a pathetic way to try sand score points as there isn’t anything on the field worth celebrating."

Not really missed the point.

A bit of localised bickering between East Anglian rivals over their Club''s relative financial positions cannot be all encompassing to the point where it is summed up as "Modern football. Eh?" Thereby missing the bigger picture of what football in the 21st. Century really has to offer.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="JF"]It’s a sad state of affairs when fans are trying to score points on which club is in the most financial shit! Modern football eh! Just for clarity though, Ipswich are clearly in a far, far worse financial position than we are. But let’s not kid ourselves, at the moment our position isn’t looking too great either.[/quote][Y][/quote]
Yes it''s crazy JF. I''ve noticed how so many threads on here end up being about our owners or other owners wealth. So it''s not surprising that the comparable wealth of the two clubs is more important than the results on the field for these posters. Now if I was a binner I''d be much happier to discuss how much richer their owner is compared to ours. As long as I didn''t have to comment on how that wealth has failed to bring any positive results in the local derbies played on the pitch during the last nine seasons. But why do we need to even consider such things?

[quote user="King Keano"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Keano! You''ve made many such forrays onto the pink un over the past 8 years. After each and every one you''ve had to slink off with your tail between your legs. On a scale of 1 to 10 how confident are you that this time will be different and the dog will finally have his day?

On to more immediate matters our pledge is not going to hurt either of us. I think the most it could cost me is a fiver and the most for you would be £7. Maybe we''ll end up level points?[/quote]

Of course & i’ll Stick to my word. I suspect I’ll end up paying out. Perhaps the same bet next season?[/quote]
I''ll post it on the pledge thread at the beginning of next season[Y]