Sign in to follow this  

an absolute craftsman and seasoned pro. Good of the club to ensure he gets the send off he deserves against Leeds in addition to the testimonial when it comes.

Wesley you hero !

I can still see in the mind what was possibly his first appearance at Carrow Road, with a perfectly weighted through pass for a Blackpool striker to run on to and score at the Barclay End. A true successor to Tommy Bryceland.

A true successor to Tommy Bryceland.

Do you agree with me that David Williams was in that mold and only injury stopped him being a damn fine 1st Division player.

The last link with the LI revivalWe won''t see the like again I fearSo much part of the incredible last 9 yearsIt''s been a privilege

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]A true successor to Tommy Bryceland.

Do you agree with me that David Williams was in that mold and only injury stopped him being a damn fine 1st Division player.[/quote]I liked Williams very much as a player. Perfect for a passing side, rather in the Michael Carrick style. But he lacked that mercurial, unpredictable quality that Bryceland and Hoolahan possessed.

One of those players who creates moments in games you don''t forget. And can be worth the price of a ticket on his own. Absolutely fantastic to watch and rightfully in the NCFC history books.

[quote user="Woodman"]So many great memories...

A standing ovation on 14 minutes would be a fitting tribute.[/quote]

Brilliant idea, will definitely be doing that.

Probably my favourite ever city player. Alongside Holt made ‘those’ few seasons my most memorable as a city fan and feel lucky to have witnessed them.

He''s had to deal with a couple of managers who had no idea how to use him (Hughton and Roeder) but has remained consistently excellent.

Good luck Wes and thanks, what’s going to happen to all the Lego and building blocks at Colney?

Really a sad day, been a great player for us over the years and genuinely deserving of the legend title.

He is also my 12 year old son''s footballing hero and will be hard to replace in his eyes (my son hasn''t even fully taken to Maddison because he still sees him as having taken Wes'' place!).

In my house we always refer to Messi as the Argentinian Hoolahan!

We will of course, have more good and possibly great players but unlike we will see these types of heroes any more.

No question, all City fans will regard him forever as a true City legend. Is fitting our club is yellow and green, for Wes has been our gem, an Emerald in a sea of yellow for the past 10 years. Wish him well for the future, whatever he does, his welcome will be warm whenever he comes back home to the Carra.

Great player that I''ve enjoyed every minute of watching. A player who can''t be replaced in kind and is right up there with the best in my 51 years of supporting.

During his time here Wes continually reminded of Tommy Bryceland. Tommy was my first favourite player so it''s difficult for me to judge who was better. Wes was here longer and produced for us in the top division but Tommy was the better goalscorer. I''m just blessed to have seen both.

Sad but fully expected and entirely the right decision.

Wes has been an incredible player for us who created so many memories, was prominent part of some of the best years for the club and played well at the highest level. His partnership with Holt in the Diamond formation was something to behold. So many managers struggled to get the best out of him but when he was on form he was a world beater.

It''s a shame that he didn''t get that kind of recognition internationally until so late in his career, but perhaps like fine wine Wes matured well with age.

Sadly this season he seems to have been a bit ineffective. Half of that probably comes down to tactics, and part of that is obviously the emergence of Maddison.

I''m very interested to see what he does next, I have no doubt if he wants to he could become an excellent coach as he has a very good knowledge of the game, and arguably the best footballing brain I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt.

Absolute legend at this club and disgracefully under used by the ROI. He’s off to either the MLS or the A league so hopefully he will have another couple of seasons playing if he can stay fit and injury free.

It leaves you with a somewhat empty feeling knowing that you will not see him again in yellow and green just like the day Grant Holt left. Grant has yet to be replaced with another hero and i fear the same will happen with Wes.

Sad day in terms of sentiment, but absolutely the right decision for the club and for Wes. Better for him to leave now than for him to fade into the background entirely next season.
Thankfully been handled with far more grace than the Huckerby fiasco, so we will at least have opportunity to give him the send off he deserves. Standing ovation on 14mins is fitting, I would hope/expect that he will be captain for the Leeds game too.
Absolute legend of a player, and on his day he was absolutely unplayable. 
Thank you Wes.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]During his time here Wes continually reminded of Tommy Bryceland. Tommy was my first favourite player so it''s difficult for me to judge who was better. Wes was here longer and produced for us in the top division but Tommy was the better goalscorer. I''m just blessed to have seen both.[/quote]Yes, I''ll second that.But to me Wes was more of an amalgam, 50% Tommy Bryceland, 30% Jimmy Hill and 10% each of Colin Suggett and Bobby Brennan.[:D]

Like Tilly says,the Holt and Hoolahan days were some that will stick in my mind for a long time to come. How do you replace those 2?

Wes has been a fantastic player for the Club, but the time is right to part ways.

I''ve supported Norwich since 1976, and I don''t think I''ve seen a player quite in the mould of Wes, and I''m not sure, bearing our current circumstances, that I ever will do again.

Hard to believe we managed to buy such a player for just £250,000 what an absolute bargain!

Somehow can''t see us replacing him with anyone half as good for a lot more than that!

Wishing him all the best for his future, wherever that lies.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]It leaves you with a somewhat empty feeling knowing that you will not see him again in yellow and green just like the day Grant Holt left. Grant has yet to be replaced with another hero and i fear the same will happen with Wes.[/quote]

My feelings too.

To be honest, I still think he could do a job at this level. In the few appearances I’ve seen him this season he’s still capable and often improved us when coming off the bench. But the timing seems right to call it a day.

Absolutely loved watching Wes. In particular during the lamberr years with players such as Holt, Surman, Fox, BJ and Howson who all seemed to be able to integrate with him perfectly.

A real shame this couldn’t end on a high.