Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Is Cantwell next season's Maddison?

He seems to have had a very good loan spell in the 2nd division of the Dutch league and was in a number of our matchday squads before the loan & came off the bench in the FA Cup game at Chelsea. So, can he make the same impact as Maddison has this season?

My concerns are that he looks lightweight and it is ''only'' the Dutch 2nd division, but with a good pre-season and half a season of first team games under his belt, who knows...

We seem to have so many promising youngster bubbling under that it is difficult to keep track.

What with those coming back from loan onto the very promising Under 23 performance the other night the youth of NCFC seem to be blossoming.

I cannot remember a time when we had so many talented youngsters to be kept track on.

Regards Cantwell, he seems to be rising to the top of the pile and hopefully he will make some impact upon the first team at some time this season, along with Lewis, Godfrey and Thompson.

Are there any other nearlies? As I said, difficult to keep track. I suppose the first place to look is in the U23 squad, whilst the returning loanees also need consideration.

As a postscript, the Neil Adams appointment was scoffed at by some at the time. Now it has become quite an important role, and we would seem to have the right man to fill it.

I think the obvious answer is ''we have no idea.''

He looks like a tidy little player and seems to have done well on his loan. No point piling pressure on him before he''s played a league game for us though.

It will be about attitude as much as anything.

Maddison strolls about the pitch as if he owns it and has done from the start.

Cantwell looked a little overawed on his debut so his lightweight frame made him a target.

If he thinks he is good enough then I would like to see a lot more of him.

i very much doubt it i think it is still to early

Cantwell has stood out in every age group he has played and i watched him since he has been 13/14 years old but he has also been the smallest in those ages groups

he has grown and filled out more but i still do not think he will reach the heights of Maddison

Maddison is that extra bit special

I''m hoping for big things from Ben Godfrey, and hope that he will be next season''s Maddison, not in position but in terms of a massive improvement and playing a big part in the season.

i think Godfrey and Lewis will be Exciting

Lewis may well be the next big thing to leave Norwich

has pace and left footed i can see PL teams Sniffing around him soon

Remember when I first saw Maddison and thought how frail he looked, that soon changed, hopefully the same will happen with Cantwell

Does Farke really intend using the youngsters any promising ones sent out on loan at a gallop. Maddison''s replacement likely to come from German 2nd or 3rd Div than U23''s.

Well he''s used Lewis and given Cantwell his debut, so he doesn''t seem against using them if he thinks they are ready.

I''d agree - promising youngsters who wouldn''t be getting first team experience this season went out on loan to give them experience - like Maddison did at Aberdeen. Matthews, Morris, Godfrey, Cantwell, Phillips could all be part of the first team squad next season. Then there''s Efete, Adams, Ramsay & Jaiyesimi (who all might not make it, but are at least playing regularly).

Maddison is a one off maybe in the future a England / Top PL player

Cantwell may be a good player but Nowhere need better than Maddison

Maddison will play for his country in the next 3 years. He is good, seriously good. If he doesn''t I will be gobsmacked. Can''t sell is highly thought of and when I watch him he looks like a very raw Gareth Bale.

Nobody is saying that Cantwell is better now but he does have enormous talent the club is now dedicated to developing that talent.

You could have had the same discussion last season about Madison/Pritchard or said the same about Lewis

Last season Cantwell wasn''t getting into the U23''s , this season he has been outstanding in that side and played in a section of the first team game where we beat Chelsea.

Now he had helped to take a side to the brink of promotion and their fans love him.

The top teams were after him a few years ago and he chose to stay at Norwich. It would be dangerous to underestimate what he could achieve.

Just adding that he did help them to promotion. First time in years. Well done Todd and Sittard[Y]

[quote user="Herman"]Just adding that he did help them to promotion. First time in years. Well done Todd and Sittard[Y][/quote]

The experience in winning promotion has got to hold him in good stead next season. As the dust settles on this season I for one am excited about a true local academy product coming to the fore next season.

Big fan of Todd C. He’s his own player, and a very good one at that, we should all be happy to see the likes of himself and Jamal, Josh etc coming through the ranks. It was Todd rather than Madders that stood out to some Chelsea supporters I know when we played them in the cup, they thought he looked very decent, so I think it’s quite telling they all picked him out as a future star for us. I have a funny feeling he may go back on loan to Sittard till January or something to keep him progressing, but you never know, Farke may already feel he wants to see more of him in our first team next season? Hope so 👍