Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Van Wolfswinkel allowed to leave Basel.

Out of favour apparently.

Wonder what or who is to blame this time?

Firstly he blamed Hughtons style of football. Then he claimed to be playing all season with an injury. Not sure what his excuse was for some pretty poor loan spells but this latest one is sure to be a corker.

[quote user="hogesar"]Out of favour apparently.

Wonder what or who is to blame this time?

Firstly he blamed Hughtons style of football. Then he claimed to be playing all season with an injury. Not sure what his excuse was for some pretty poor loan spells but this latest one is sure to be a corker.[/quote]LDC is working on it right now [:D]

http://www.football-oranje.com/van-wolfswinkel-allowed-leave-basel/"However, an injury kept the striker out for around two months and

since his return he has struggled for form and playing time, adding only

one more goal in his last nine appearances.

According to Blick, van Wolfswinkel isn’t happy with his role from

the bench and Basel are also willing to allow him to leave this summer.

They don’t expect to make back the €3.5 million they paid Vitesse last

year."

He will probably go back to Holland where he has consistently scored goals.

I wonder about the source. In February press was writing about how he revitalised himself in Basel, where he scored 7 in 9 games before his injury. Indeed, after his return from injury he had a long spell without scoring, when he was mostly used/unused as a sub, but then he scored 3 goals in his last 4 games...

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]I wonder about the source. In February press was writing about how he revitalised himself in Basel, where he scored 7 in 9 games before his injury. Indeed, after his return from injury he had a long spell without scoring, when he was mostly used/unused as a sub, but then he scored 3 goals in his last 4 games...[/quote]My doctor has forbidden me to post on this subject, on the basis that laughing too much might be dangerous for me...That report is dated April 22, and he went and scored two goals later that day, which probably accounts for the disparity in the statistics. But that was against Sion, the team one from  bottom, and this replicates what happened at St-Etienne, where he scored against weaker teams in the league, and cup goals against lower-league opposition, but usually failed against the better teams. And for Basel he notched only one goal in four European games.Basel are playing today, against another  team from the bottom half of the table. That might give a sense of what his future is, or isn''t, in Switzerland.

Leave the poor guy alone, he''s done ok at Basel but simply wants to play, not sit on the bench.  Nothing wrong with that, after all Wes is leaving us mainly because he''s not getting enough game time.

I guess it''s a good sign, with Naismith and Martin out the side, we won yesterday, so we''re scraping the barrel by having to moan about an ex Canary playing in a completely different country. Good work!

Well we haven''t exactly covered ourselves in glory in the striker department so he''s probably as good as we''ve had since he left.

Failed at any decent level of football. Should stay in Holland, he found his level, after years of searching.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Leave the poor guy alone, he''s done ok at Basel but simply wants to play, not sit on the bench.  Nothing wrong with that, after all Wes is leaving us mainly because he''s not getting enough game time.

[/quote]

Seriously? Wes is leaving us because we aren''t renewing his contract, because 1) he''s a high earner and 2) the amount of time he''s played doesn''t justify that sort of level of pay, even if we could afford it.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="lake district canary"]Leave the poor guy alone, he''s done ok at Basel but simply wants to play, not sit on the bench.  Nothing wrong with that, after all Wes is leaving us mainly because he''s not getting enough game time.

[/quote]

Seriously? Wes is leaving us because we aren''t renewing his contract, because 1) he''s a high earner and 2) the amount of time he''s played doesn''t justify that sort of level of pay, even if we could afford it.[/quote]

Those are assumptions are they not - do we know if he was offered a new contract or not? Him wanting more game time must have beem a factor in talks too.

Confused how this has dragged one of the club’s greatest ever players into it, in a thread about one of our worst ever players?

Wes’ professionalism, loyalty and genius is in sharp contrast to RvW. Not fit to lace his boots.

Good oh

Its been at least 3 months since we asked the burning question of ''is that guy we paid £8m for who scored 1 league goal actually not very good?''

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="lake district canary"]Leave the poor guy alone, he''s done ok at Basel but simply wants to play, not sit on the bench.  Nothing wrong with that, after all Wes is leaving us mainly because he''s not getting enough game time.

[/quote]

Seriously? Wes is leaving us because we aren''t renewing his contract, because 1) he''s a high earner and 2) the amount of time he''s played doesn''t justify that sort of level of pay, even if we could afford it.[/quote]

Those are assumptions are they not - do we know if he was offered a new contract or not? Him wanting more game time must have beem a factor in talks too.

[/quote]They''re not assumptions if what was reported by Archant this week is to be believed. They stated that no new contract was offered.Nuff Said sums it up perfectly.

We are Premier League when it comes to wasting money on strikers.

PS Would still prefer RVW to the pair we have at the moment

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Snodgrass’ fault[/quote]much as we joke about it, Snodders pen was saved.. I Genuinely think RVW would have hit Row Z with it.I remember early in his first season against spurs, he was faced with an open goal and just needed to shoot, he took 4 touches before Lloris recovered and took the ball off him.I knew at that moment he was going to be plop

In hindsight, I can’t believe anyone with working eyes would have preferred RVW to take a penalty ahead of snodgrass.

One was a decent player who bagged a few goals and the other was Ricky Van Wolfswinkel.

Ridiculous.  That penalty changed our season.  If RVW had taken it and scored - which he quite likely would have done, not only would we have had more points, but Snodgrass would not have looked such a complete plank in the process. 

It is very straightforward... He didn''t fit in with our team or the style of football in the premiership. He got injured, couldn''t hit a barn door and was far too weak.

I''ll always list him as one of the worst buys we''ve ever made and so will many others. He''s not good enough against teams who are in form or have solid defences. After the stray pass he made at Fulham away I gave up all hope he would improve at all. I was there and that was one of the most lame things I''ve seen as a Norwich fan.

I''m done slating him and his weak physicality, constant poor form and general uselessness wondering around a pitch up front on his own. Klose would have done a better job up front.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ridiculous.  That penalty changed our season.  If RVW had taken it and scored - which he quite likely would have done, not only would we have had more points, but Snodgrass would not have looked such a complete plank in the process. [/quote]

Are you his Dad?

It’s NOT ridiculous, it’s sensible. I would let you take a penalty before RVW Lakey. He was gash. I REALLY wanted him to do well but he hit the ground running scoring against Everton and then had to wait until a cup tie in which we played our reserves at Rotherham to get another goal.

Dreadful buy, terrible waste of money, nice guy, plop footballer.

I think he took the penalties at his previous club and had a 100% record

The Snodgrass experience did not help but would have thought he had enough time to get over it