Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Dutch football

T''was only last night that I became aware of the beautiful flowing football of the Dutch Premier League. Channel 5 shows matches from Holland and a couple of South America leagues every Thursday night/Friday morning after that rapper chappy talks like a plank about the football. Anyway, I''ve seen it sometimes before but last night was the first time I really paid attention. Don''t ask what the game was as the two teams were merely a mix of letters that didn''t really make any sense. Wasn''t PSV though I don''t know about the rest of the league teams but when I''ve seen it before I was always struck by how well the players keep control of the ball and pass it patiently along the ground. Maybe we should be looking to Holland to bring in a coach or possible new manager. Seems Jol at Tottenham also has them playing a similar way. Just imagine... a manager telling the media we like to play football the right way and the team actually does that

I watched that game too...... true was a little bit off colour but from what I could see with my good eye impressed me. If only we had someone who told the players to keep it on the ground and be patient rather than hitting it long.

Dutch footballers, as a general rule, seem to be brought up properly in football terms. They also have a similar culture to us and generally fit into English football comfortably. Paying a decent scout in Holland would be money well spent.

Mark .Y.

Given that our forays into dutch football have thus far yielded Fernando derveld and his ubiquitous pal raymond de waard, and that jurgen colin is currently playing like a drain, i would prefer us not to engage a dutch scout upon reflection. I would furthermore encourage the manager not to sign anyone from Holland unless he has a significant number of dutch caps to his name.

"a decent scout"

they''re the key words Charlies Dad. Just as in the UK, there is dross in Holland but there is an awful lot of talented players and they tend to be available at prices much below English players.

Mark .Y.