Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Best club in the land

From my second favourite football forum, TWTD, I notice that one of the mentally backward has addressed our tribute to Wes in the following way:-

"Never have I witnessed anything as tragic as I’ve seen today. Norwich have had a guard of honour for Wes Hoolahoop ..... Tin pottery at its peak."

Irrespective of his embarrassingly ridiculous use of the word "tragic" in a world of bombings, chemical attacks and youngsters dying prematurely by the day, perhaps the idiot should be informed of the fact that nearly 27, 000 attended that "tin-pot" event.

Tin-pottery is having gates under 10, 000, a massive debt and decaying stands etc. surely?

As a footnote, I noticed that it was all relayed on our big screen. A nice touch .... we, at least, could afford such a facility after all.

Lovely Wes send off......enjoyed it immensely.....

Ippo ''tragic'' fan, probably related to the tree sprouting out of the roof of one of their shabby stands.....

A great send-off for a great player.This was my first home game of the season. I bumped into Daniel Farke and James Maddison in Bonds in Tombland, and spoke to Farke and wished him ''Viel Gluck'' for next season.  I was drinking with a Legend all night until 4am .... not saying who it was but he was a winner of a medal in the 1985 Milk Cup final.

[quote user="paul moy"]I was drinking with a Legend all night until 4am .... not saying who it was but he was a winner of a medal in the 1985 Milk Cup final. [/quote]So....you still have a Mark Barham poster on your wall...... [;)]

I''m not sure our crappy ''big'' screen is anything much to crow about. It offers a great view from where I am in the Lower Barclay with the pillar cutting right through the middle of it. About as useful as a not-very-useful thing.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="paul moy"]I was drinking with a Legend all night until 4am .... not saying who it was but he was a winner of a medal in the 1985 Milk Cup final. [/quote]So....you still have a Mark Barham poster on your wall...... [;)]

[/quote]I was actually talking to the Legend about Mark Barham at one stage.

[quote user="Grando"]I''m not sure our crappy ''big'' screen is anything much to crow about. It offers a great view from where I am in the Lower Barclay with the pillar cutting right through the middle of it. About as useful as a not-very-useful thing.[/quote]As I had poor views of both goals from my seat at the upper back of the Barclay Block C as people jumped up, the replays were most welcome.  

[quote user="Grando"]I''m not sure our crappy ''big'' screen is anything much to crow about. It offers a great view from where I am in the Lower Barclay with the pillar cutting right through the middle of it. About as useful as a not-very-useful thing.[/quote]Usually, when sitting in the stands AT THE GAME, I prefer to watch the action that''s happening in front of me on the pitch.The TV turns around when we score and it can be seen perfectly. Great for replays if the goal was at the other end and trickier to see.

Well the screen is a waste of space from where my season ticket is in the lower Barclay! I guess it obviously has its use for people sat elsewhere!

Best club in the land bar none. Proud to own a tiny part of it. This video should be shown to prospective signings. Who wouldn''t want to play for a club like ours 🙃

I can''t see how it''s tinpot to celebrate a player who has given so much to the NCFC cause and been integral to our success over the past 10 years. Imagine the Leeds or any other teams'' players seeing the thanks and appreciation given for Wes by fans and club, probably wishing their fans gave as much a damn about them as we do Wes! Could even make players want to come to Norwich.

The binners may see it as "tinpot" but they are just bitter because they''ve not had a player to celebrate since John Wark hung up his boots over 20 years ago. That''s the definition of "tinpot" if you ask me.

Norwich City certainly is a unique club due to its location, different team colours, large crowds despite often underachieving and original anthem!

I was always proud of the fact we didn''t have a videoscreen in the past but I can see the commercial merits of having one and the replays can be fun!

Saturday was a wonderful day out helped by the lucky goal! I took great pleasure when the Leeds fans got frustrated during Hoolahans emotional and lengthy substitution!

As for Ipswich - Yes they have won more than us but a current 50 year old binner would of been 13 years old when they won the UEFA Cup, 10 when they won the FA Cup and not born when they won the League in 1962! - All this means that a large % of their current home support (10,000 or so!) wouldn''t have been around during the glory years!

Almost certainly the highlight of the season, the atmosphere was immense for most of the game, and when Wes scored, I was slightly taken by surprise when the PA boomed out "Give it up", but this was soon drowned out by the fans singing, can''t remember the Barclay being so loud in ages.

I have to say though, the contagion seemed to last all afternoon, and the rendition of We''ve got Angus was really loud in the second half. What A day, will live long in my memory.