Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

Maddison To Liverpool £30 million

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-set-cash-30million-midfielder-12454297.amp

Can''t do clicky thing sorry

This story has been all over social media for the last couple of days. Worth remembering mate we are entering the silly season for rumours.

till i said this before Jan thing is once a Bid is accepted they will alll be in for him

i Know that liverpool want him but i do not know what maddison wants or which club he is keen on

[quote user="norfolkngood"]till i said this before Jan thing is once a Bid is accepted they will alll be in for him

i Know that liverpool want him but i do not know what maddison wants or which club he is keen on[/quote]
Liverpool or Spurs if he has any sense.
Wouldn''t touch Arsenal, Citeh or United with a bargepole if I was him. 
Klopp is heavily rumoured to be after Zielinski - and has been for a couple of years. Napoli apparently want £57mill release clause price for him. Personally I''d have Madders 100 times out of 100 (and I''m Polish so have seen plenty of Zielinski). They need to fill the Coutinho shaped void, and I suspect Klopp will probably be after Zielinski as his primary target with Madders as the back up plan.
Spurs seems like the logical step for him to me. Proven track record of developing the youth properly with Kane and Alli, fantastic mentor with Eriksen.

If the fee is right (and £30m for me is a yes) I really don''t care whether he ends up at a club that is the right fit for him or not.

I don''t know if I agree with that entirely ZLF - obviously from a NCFC perspective it wouldn''t really matter, but he does seem like a genuinely nice and grounded guy with his head screwed on. Let''s be honest, that seems fairly unusual for young, English footballers these days.

I would very much like him to go on and have a good career, and see him make his debut for England, and part of that surely must be making progress at his next club.

Yes. We have to wish him all the very best.

A lovely player in the history of Norwich City, in all ways.

This season apart, he has done the club a massive favour just by his presence on the City books (and with all due praise for those at the club behind the signing.)

A sizeable lump sum by way of the transfer market is just what the doctor ordered at this time in our history.

I read somewhere that Liverpool is his preferred destination as his best friend is on their books, but the rumour season is already underway re: JM.

The two managers have their nationality in common* so may be a bond can be formed which could be of benefit to us re: loans and in other ways.

Is that politically correct? You never know these days.

Oh balls! They''re both Krauts ... so there!

(And I''m a bumpkin of Stranger heritage whose ancestors sheared sheep.)

One player I will be following the career of closely and wishing all the best for. Classy player who I feel privileged to have seen play in yellow.

I’d like to see him go to Spurs. With Eriksen supposedly considering his future, Madders could find himself given an opportunity straight away. Any of the other top 5 or 6 he could find himself on the bench too often to then break into the England squad. The move is massive for him but he’s shown he’s level headed and won’t simply move for money, so much so he could easily pick a Leicester or Burnley.

I''d be very surprised if Spurs buy him as there are rumours that they have no money due to a billion pound ground investment and may be selling Kane.  Pochettino does not sound like he is staying much longer either.