Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Louis T

Rob Butler

“Louis T confirms he’s raring to go with a full pre-season. Big boost. Can be a huge player for norwich city”

Come back soon, boy are we going to need you 👍

Good news!

Never quite know how he''ll come back from such a big lay off but he has youth on his side. Have really high hopes for him.

Would be so pleased if he can stay fit. Good news, rarely have my fingers been more firmly crossed

It would be a massive boost if we could field a side with several of our trainees who have made it.

Matthews, Lewis, Thompson, Godfrey, Murphy and then maybe Cantwell, Adams, Efete and Ramsay all having had league experience hopefully will avert us from the need to buy 3rd tier Germans.

3rd tier Germans hey? One was from the 4th tier!What is the issue with that anyway??? They''ve performed quite admirably and actually feel humbled to be playing for such a big club as ours.Why do a lot of people feel the need to highlight their nationality? I really don''t understand it. Makes one sound rather xenophobic.For example... How often do you hear this?"Uh oh... Here''s Tettey, that naturalised Norwegian player of Ghanaian descent who we signed from France!"Honestly... some people!

Oh my goodness. The PC anti everything police on the thread. So you must not call a German a German anymore?

What do we say? A person from another nation somewhat further east than our own?

We must stamp out this anti Germanic trend that has pervaded this board. I''ll travel up and meet with them and offer my apologies.

And haven''t you heard of Home Grown Rule?

My xenophobia extends to people who try to tell other people how to think and act.

Thompson was bought having played 3 seasons for Swindon so hardly one of our own - and he was signed from the 3rd tier of our structure - a tier above where we signed Raggett from.

He def deserves his chance though - 3 appearances for us since signing in 2014 shows how much of a challenge this summer and the start of next season will be.

I want the best players appearing for us - irrespective of nationality or source.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Oh my goodness. The PC anti everything police on the thread. So you must not call a German a German anymore?

What do we say? A person from another nation somewhat further east than our own?

We must stamp out this anti Germanic trend that has pervaded this board. I''ll travel up and meet with them and offer my apologies.

And haven''t you heard of Home Grown Rule?

My xenophobia extends to people who try to tell other people how to think and act.[/quote]The way people say it sounds disparaging. "Oh, another GERMAN THIRD TIER PLAYER" Usually followed with some sort of comment about Farke or the set up at Norwich at the moment.What would you say if we signed a player from League Two (fourth tier of our leagues) who was British? Exactly... Nothing. You wouldn''t feel the need to point out where they were from. Some people sound like they''ve just crawled out of the trenches.I just don''t understand what the problem is. Who cares where we get our players from or what nationality they are if they perform well, or give it their all for the shirt? The fact we''ve signed some German League players is being exacerbated by some, because we also have a German coaching team. I find it all rather silly, that''s all (especially seeing as though one is Bosnian, one is Cuban by birth etc.)

My understanding is that, with those disparaging comments, people are not typically referring to the nationality of the player but the country the league they were plucked from is played in. The point being that many see the 2nd/3rd/4th tier of the German league as being somewhat inferior to respective leagues in England.

I offer no comment on that front as I am not at all familiar with the leagues in Germany. It''s just to address those who refer to possible xenophobia.

Agree with Bobloz, its so lazy and oversimplistic to group players together based on the league they came from as it has no standing on how well they''ve achieved.

Zimmerman and Franke both came from German Leagues yet their performances this season are miles apart, in fact Franke came from a division higher.

As well, Stiepermann has flattered to deceive, yet Vrancic has more than proven his ability.

Some of our best players (e.g. Zimmerman, Trybull, Leitner) are either German or come from that league so the only conclusion to take from this is that grouping them together as "others" is meant as an insult as they are certainly not poor players and some have contributed more than the likes of Husband, and some less.

But sure, crying "anti-PC" is a reallllly effective method of deflection.

THANK YOU Prozac! (Good name by the way)A balanced view is what we''d all like to see more of on here I''m sure.Also, re the ''Home Grown Rule'' comment from KG... Yes I have heard of that rule. Quite sure we''ve just put lots of money into our academy which exists to improve young players and move them through to the first team. Most of which are ''home grown''. Even the players from different countries could be considered ''home grown'' as they have to be at a club for 3 years before the age of 21. Admittedly, Greg Dyke suggested this should be changed to encourage more British players to come through. If the age was lowered to 18 it would be impossible for clubs to bring through overseas players as ''home grown'' as a player is not allowed to cross national boundaries until the age of 16.Try asking all of the best teams in British leagues to do that. I''m sure it has been opposed.

So I will ask once more because I don''t want to get into a pissing contest with you.

How do I identify a group of German footballers other than calling them German to save time typing out individual names.

You and Prozac make me laugh. I put on a post with a totally harmless remark regarding my wish to see players from our academy make the grade rather than bringing in players from the country that Angela Merkel is Chancellor of.

When I saw Louis thought we were going to have another debate on the Royal Family

[quote user="daly"]When I saw Louis thought we were going to have another debate on the Royal Family[/quote]Louis Arthur Daly Thomson..a mish mash of a Cockney minder Prince who has posted 1881 times in the pink un and was once a useful athlete who now plays football.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]

Zimmerman and Franke both came from German Leagues yet their performances this season are miles apart, in fact Franke came from a division higher. [/quote]Two divisions [:P]

Who cares where anyone came from?Seriously? Nothing could be more irrelevant.

I’m really looking forward to seeing Louis play and stay injury free. The young man has talent and deserves his chance.

Hopefully Farke can help him to progress.