intolerance, uncovering the origins of Norwich FC''s iconic canary and

experiencing humiliating Tudor justice. Aerial archaeologist Ben

Robinson takes to the skies to see how the current layout reflects its

history and, at the conclusion of the episode, cutting edge CGI is used

to recreate how Norwich would have looked during this period of British

history.Thought I''d share as this could be interesting.Then again......[;)]

Thanks.

Recorder set.

I''m hoping Norwich Cathedral is to be included in the Britain''s Greatest Cathedrals (?) series. Should be of interest too.

Town? Town?

What the hell is that bloomin great church in Tombland then?

Cheers. Watched her program about Winchester and it was rather interesting. She is a good presenter as well.

Norwich gained City status in 1094 when it was given to cathedral ''towns.''

Nowadays it is granted by the monarch eg. Brighton and Hove is a City, as is Cambridge.

I believe that that little town down the A140 has applied for it on a few occasions, but has been continuously overlooked .... despite their "history."

Is it a Cunk on Norwich sort of thing😀

Now that I would LOVE to see! Surely focusing on St. Alan of Partridge; I wonder how she''d shoehorn Brush Strokes into it?

"the football hasnt been exciting anyone for a few years" she nailled that one pretty quick, only been there five minutes.😀

Agree with that. I like the story of Kett and his rebels. A good man.Anybody else have ''stranger'' ancestry?

Didn''t think it was that good a programme, some interesting stuff I didn''t know about, but too many references to being a "town" and too much waffle......I mean, who would want to know if Alice Roberts is wearing knickers or not [;)] [:O]

I enjoyed it even though it was more concerned with the historical aspects of Tudor times than Norwich it''s self.

A lot of the programme was set in Stranger''s Hall which was, for example, never mentioned by name and was more concerned about the production of red dye and other things more related to existence during the Tudor period.

365 piss pots outside 365 pubs in order to activate the plant with plenty of ammonia makes the mind boggle (literary.) The whole City must have stank and I''ll bet more than a few were thrown around during drunken brawls.

Interesting stuff all the same. We could now do with a Portillo hour on the City of Norwich as it is now, with obviously a bit of historical relevance thrown in, because we do actually have "history."

LDC"I mean, who would want to know if Alice Roberts is wearing knickers or not Wink [;)]Surprise [:O]"The Tudors could teach us a thing or two!

The Tudors could teach us a thing or two!

I thought their use of bubonic plague was a novel form of birth control.

[quote user="Kathy "]Anyone know which game that was?[/quote]

Looked like villa to me

Herman wrote: "Anybody else have ''stranger'' ancestry?"

Yup... direct descendant of the Lacohee family (Waloonian weavers)

I thought it was Sunderland, looked summery/decent weather, for sure. Villa was only a couple of weeks ago which was a bit close; these things are usually filmed a fair bit of time before they are broadcast

Thanks.

I learnt a lot of that at school and at the time it seemed dreadfully dull. Now I''m older though it''s fascinating and I''ll be looking around me a lot more next time I''m in the fair City. Might even change my profile pic to Robert Kett....

Wasn''t football "invented" around those times?

Hundreds of them used to gather in a muddy street (now known as Prince of Wales Road) and kick an inflated pig''s bladder around as an alternative version of the drunken brawl.

Apparently this scenario has recently been re-enacted on a fortnightly basis on the ploughman''s pitch that is now Portman Road. The drunks may have been in the stands but much of the football on show was apparently reminiscent of a drunken brawl.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]But where were the Norfolk people? Not a single Norfolk accent to be heard. We''ve been overrun by furriners.[/quote]Not paying attention during the Crime & Punishment section?