Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Who Was That Masked Man?

The scene....an already cool, wet October Sunday morning in Norwich when the cold air cuts through your clothing layers:

Out of the stillness of the Carrow Road stands a masked man runs from the stadium dressed in a cowboy outfit and jumps on to his white horse that has been waiting patiently for him ( for 15 months ). Pulling on the reins, the horse rise''s on two legs, the masked man takes a last wistful look at the stadium before galloping off in the direction of Trowse. Only two lonely souls stand looking at him as he disappears into the distance. Dicky, stares at the horizon, hoping beyond hope that the masked man will return.

MadDan, standing beside him says, "Who was that masked man?"

Dicky, without missing a beat in his adoration replies, "Why, that''s the Moan Ranger".

"Why do they call him that?" enquires MadDan.

"Because he was chased off by all those that moan" Dicky responded angrily.

"Well, where''s he going to now?" MadDan asked. 

Out of the fog emerges Nobby G ( dressed as Tonto, naturally ):

"Him go looking for wigwam where people happy with little things in life. Kemo Sabe realize him good scout but no manager". 

No - I have read this twice and definitely don''t get it!!!

Can someone explain to me what this is about??? Presumably it assumes more knowledge of the characters on this board than I have.

[quote]No - I have read this twice and definitely don''t get it!!! Can someone explain to me what this is about??? Presumably it assumes more knowledge of the characters on this board than I have.[/quote]

Dufus!   The masked man was none other than

Sorry its a moaners trade secret

Worthy of course...

OTBC

worthy the night rider finally leaves!

although he actually left on a donkey and forgot to resign on his way out!

Doris the tea lady is to stand in as acting manager.......

Why would I be Tonto, naturally???

I am obviously a bit dim - it must be all those pints and kebabs... or qualifications that have reduced my brain cell count.

Despite hooves thundering in the distance and Dicky''s guttural scream of "Come back Nigel, come back!!!!", all of this was drowned out by a chorus of 25,000 in perfect harmony roaring "Hi Yo Silver, Away!!!"

P.S: Sorry Nobby. As you were the last character to emerge someone had to take the role of Tonto.

Incidentally, while I enjoy posting to provide light amusement on occasion, I must say that the response from No Mad caused me to have a bellyaching laugh, which just reinforces the notion that, if you give in life, it will be returned to you multi-fold.