Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Tettey signs

Not much detail, but I''m pleased he''s staying a bit longer:

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-05-02/alex-tettey-norwich-city-midfielder-agrees-new-contract/

Great news for the club. In some respects, a good holding midfielder is the most important player in the team assisting the defence and allowing the forwards to play. He should be able to assist Godfrey and Thompson to develop in next two seasons. Our stats with him in the side are much better than without him. We just need some good strikers now!!

Very good news ... err,welcome ''back'' AlexAnd is a sign of the confidence players have with the present set up.Yep, I don''t expect him to be fit for every game, but we''ll copeAnd I think if he was a new signing there would be a fair few fans saying what a great signing once we were a few games in.Let''s see who else the club can persuade to stick around  http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/alex-tettey-signed-new-two-year-canaries-contract-1-5502251

Fantastic news. Speaks volumes that he was willing to take a significant wage cut to stay, he could quite easily have decided to retire if the offers coming his way weren''t what he hoped for.
Very happy with this, he was excellent when fit this season - he will need the usual managing with his knees but we played our most effective football when we had Tettey and Trybull in the centre of the park.

Nice to see all the rumours put to bed, this is excellent news.

A bit of experience at the back if we can''t retain the services of TK... Not that I''ve heard he''s going.

Great to have him around, hopefully he will be mentoring the likes of Godfrey for the next couple of seasons!

Fab news, great cover and mentor for godfrey

Or partner for tybull if the pair of them can ever be available at same time ...

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Fab news, great cover and mentor for godfrey

Or partner for tybull if the pair of them can ever be available at same time ...[/quote]
Out of their 8 games together there were 7 wins and a draw[Y]
Interesting that Tettey said us being a family club suited him.....

So he isn''t going back to the family tea bag business.

Chuffed with this. Tettey is a class act and is often underrated. Reads the game well and always seems to have time, even in the tightest situation. Glad you''re staying Alex. [B]

More optimistic about next season now Tetteys staying!

Offers great protection for the back 4 and does a lot of the dirty stuff that others don''t which allows them to play!

Great news. To often when he''s been out we''ve been powder puff and the fact he won''t play every match because of his knees means the likes of Godfrey and Thompson will still get their chances, hopefully one or both will progress to a level where they compete with him for that role.

It really does show how far many supporters expectations have fallen since this time last season. Many wouldn''t have been too upset if Tettey left then, now it''s fantastic news he''s staying.

I agree that we are better with him in the team and pleased he''s signed for another couple of years however.

Obviously earning more from pauper EFL club than he can get by returning to Norway was always the case. Forget the altruistic views some have here. Remains to be seen if one game a week will be good value if keeps fit.

Great news given it''s likely we''ll be seeing a fair number of new faces next season. Tettey is an imperative cog in the Norwich machine. He might not get all the praise he deserves but the stats don''t lie. The only news to better this would be Maddison staying and getting Gunn for another season. I''d love us to sign Reed too, but keeping on Tettey makes that a bit less important now

As has been said, if we can get both Tettey and Trybull fit for a period of games, their record suggests we are much more difficult to beat. For too many games this season, we had players out injured preventing us from playing our best eleven.

There will be times when we play 3 or 4 games in the space of 11 days and Tettey can''t play them all, but when he does, I''m a lot more confident of us getting a result.

I think this tweet sums it up:

John Carter

@JohnCImpact

Recently watched a game from high up and it was so obvious from there how skilled @alextettey86 was in reading the game and stopping danger before it started. #ncfc better with him in the team.