Sign in to follow this  
pete

£24m now £30m realistically what will we settle at?

Maddison transfer fee increases week by week. City being unrealistic about cashing in on their only asset. Can see them settling for £20m and James off to Liverpool where he will not play for 2 seasons and go off on loan to Palace.

Better off staying at City playing every week looking brilliant amongst the plodders.

Anything less then £50m will be a give away - especially as Coventry will take a cut and then once Delia has had her ''cut'' we will be left with only a couple of million, if that.And as you and others of your ilk have pointed out, with our terrible dealings in the transfer market we will probably end up paying him to leave.Thank god we have ''fans'' like you to point these things out

[quote user="pete"]Maddison transfer fee increases week by week. City being unrealistic about cashing in on their only asset. Can see them settling for £20m and James off to Liverpool where he will not play for 2 seasons and go off on loan to Palace.

Better off staying at City playing every week looking brilliant amongst the plodders.[/quote]How are "City being unrealistic" pete?

In today’s ridiculous transfer market I’d be very disappointed at under £20 million. I think we will settle on £22 million, a loan of a promising youngster from said club and hopefully a percentage of future transfer fee profit.

I think Pete has rather a limited number of words he can call on when drawing up a post so it will often be padded out with some that are there as a sort of ''make weight'' so to speak.If you can work out which words are which, I''m sure there is a good point in there... sometimes.

Forgot to add on that we should hope to get performance related bonuses to bump a few million more on if he plays for England and gets a certain amount of club appearances

[quote user="Bigears"]Anything less then £50m will be a give away - especially as Coventry will take a cut and then once Delia has had her ''cut'' we will be left with only a couple of million, if that.And as you and others of your ilk have pointed out, with our terrible dealings in the transfer market we will probably end up paying him to leave.Thank god we have ''fans'' like you to point these things out[/quote]

Please confirm how you know that Delia “ gets a cut “ of City’s transfers

Please confirm how you know that Delia “ gets a cut “ of City’s transfers

I’ve a suspicion you’ve missed the sarcastic nature of that post!

I’d be interested if we could manage some sort of loan deal or player swap as part of the deal.

Would be interested to know, if we got a player in ‘part exchange ‘ would that reduce the amount we have to pay on to Coventry?

Although as I live near Coventry and have lots of mates who support them I don’t begrudge them getting a windfall (they’ve had it tough over last few years).

Having read about Coventry''s travails recently will any money,they may get, help the club or just ''disappear''......?

[quote user="rock bus"]I’d be interested if we could manage some sort of loan deal or player swap as part of the deal.

Would be interested to know, if we got a player in ‘part exchange ‘ would that reduce the amount we have to pay on to Coventry?

Although
as I live near Coventry and have lots of mates who support them I don’t begrudge them getting a windfall (they’ve had it tough over last few years).[/quote]I would expect that would be seen as a ''gain'' on our part so would be part of the overall profit on which the sell on clause is based.I would like to think that we would be ''honourable'' about this and behave in the same way we would want to be treated.In can''t be much fun for Coventry supporters to see a bright prospect leave for a few million then be worth a suggested 10 fold increase within a year or so.

Top ranked Champs player by this rating:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11354710/norwich-midfielder-james-maddison-tops-championship-season-power-rankings

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]£24,742,389.56[/quote]"for sure "

Realistically I''d be surprised if we sell for more than £15m. Which when you compare to other transfers from the championship would be one of the highest fees. But I personally would be disappointed in anything less than £21m and i would like to think we can get someone to pay £25+ if there''s a few clubs after him.

Given his age, nationality, the sell ons that Coventry negotiated and the number of clubs reportedly interested then anything less than £30m would be poor business. This is our best saleable asset and we need to get this right - if those clubs are so interested then they can flash the cash so to speak. How much Farke would get to spend of it remains to be seen however.

Interesting comment by Farke in the EDP today about not expecting transfers to start happening until after the World Cup. I took that to mean that we''re not expecting any bids for Maddison until then, leaving us less time to line up any replacement or players in other positions. I''m sure Webber will have identified players on the assumption that there is £xm available.

I just have a hunch he won''t end up going to one of the Big 6 clubs, but to maybe Leicester, particularly if they sell Mahrez. I reckon we''ll end up getting around £20million for him, with some sort of reasonable sell-on clause.

i wouldnt take anything less than the £30m. If he went top 6 i think liverpool would be ideal for him, quite a number of english players in that first team. Also getting him back on loan for 6 months or something might work well if they dont want him straight away?

Worth remembering before we all get carried away, that Maddison has yet to kick a ball in the top division and only has one season at championship level. So talk of £30m would be pretty unprecedented for a player with that background.

I am pleased to see these numbers out there though as it suggests we''re going to play hardball on the fee but if we get £30m then I''d imagine it will be heavily based on incentives and playing time.

Anything above £25m would be reasonable. That said after we have paid Coventry their share and put a wedge in the bank we will do well to spend more than £10m of the fee on players

1. We need to fund a gap of £34m in our turnover. Even with those who have left and are leaving, there won''t be much left over to re-invest even if Maddison goes for £30m.

2. Steve Bruce has quoted £50m for Jack Grealish. Maddison is a much better player.

If he goes to Liverpool, do you think Norwich would go for Ings in part exchange (13 games in 3 years there) or Solanke on loan (4 starts and 15 sub appearances)?

Solanke would fit the young and hungry type that we like. Can''t see Ings coming though. Both would probably be outside our wage structure though.

Can''t see Solanke being willing to do a season in the Championship.

Someone like Ben Woodburn might be a touch more realistic but even then I''m not sure.

Deal is done. 12m plus add ons. 6m up front to cover our commitments to HMRC and creditors. The 6m is the key as we’d perhaps get more if we held out but we need the money NOW to prevent us being wound up. Major problems financially.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Deal is done. 12m plus add ons. 6m up front to cover our commitments to HMRC and creditors. The 6m is the key as we’d perhaps get more if we held out but we need the money NOW to prevent us being wound up. Major problems financially.[/quote]

Source ?