Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Lambert 1 - Palace 0

Only from the point of view of it being as weak a championship next season as possible for our benefit, would I rather stoke (and Southampton ) stay up, and Swansea and huddersfield go down instead.

That would be the only reason.....as far as lambert goes, sod him, he walked out on us

He walked out because the board would not meet his expectations with regard to progressing the club forward.

1-2. Five minutes to go. Stoke going down.

His expectations? ..

..giving him money that the club didn''t have?

The idea is that he keeps us up for a season ( as hughton did) and then is rewarded by having more sky TV money to spend in the transfer market...as Hughton then got in his second summer by having £25m+ to spend, more than any other ncfc manager ever had to spend.

And then subsequently, each season that he keep us in the league , the club gets more money and he gets more to spend.

.....no, instead he buggerd off after one year.

2-1 palace now....sod him

Relegated. We''ll be seeing Mr. Lambert again next season. Well possibly.

Can''t say I''m disappointed with the result; I think the first post I made about Lambert as that he looked angry & ambitious, which I still think sums him up. Everything came together for him when he was here, but he couldn''t wait to get out. Hubris, Ate, Nemesis.

With Culverhouse leaving Kings Lynn I expect to find the duo at Arsenal next season :-)

Did all his other clubs not match his ambitions too? Or did he actually believe he was better than our ambitions. If so I have seen little sign that he is.

Thanks for everything Paul. We had a great time in your tenure. Like you we couldn''t progress to the next level. Colchester beckons...

Is history being rewritten already? I thought he left because the lure of a big club was too hard to turn down.

As well as he done here and I thank him for three great years, he seems to have fallen short at every other club he has managed since which I am pleased about. He left us when he had a good thing so sod him, can''t wait to beat them next season.

[quote user="Herman"]Is history being rewritten already? I thought he left because the lure of a big club was too hard to turn down.[/quote]

Can’t argue with Villa being a bigger club but at the time, was it the smart move?

I suppose, after the success with us, his confidence was sky high, so to turn around a club with more money, larger fan base and a good history would have seemed quite achievable to him.

That went well form you paul.

The Messiah left for a bigger club with the promise of a bigger budget to wake a sleeping giant, leaving behind an aging squad in need of investment.

He hasn''t had a jot of success anywhere since in a variety of leagues. Seems it was a moment in time for us and him rather than him being a messiah. Will be interesting to see how he does next season as a big fish in the pond, no excuses this time.

Not fit to lace stringers boots ;-). Let alone brown, Saunders ore bond

Ever? Not even of the premier era. Of this century, new fans, youngsters or those with memory disorders maybe...

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Not fit to lace stringers boots ;-). Let alone brown, Saunders ore bond

Ever? Not even of the premier era. Of this century, new fans, youngsters or those with memory disorders maybe...[/quote]Yes. Lambert might get into sixth place, after Bond, Macauley, Saunders, Stringer and Walker.

Stringer by a country mile the best manager we''ve ever had Shining-and as has been said, a few others above Lambert as well.

Greatest ever manager??...

He achieved roughly the same here as Nigel Adkins did at Southampton, are they lauding him as their greatest ever??.

Had the chance to become one here...had he not bottled it at the first sign of things maybe getting tough...but for now , as others have said ,he can join the back if the queue behind Walker Stringer Brown Bond Saunders...

I would suspect that PL must look back on his decision to leave us with more than a tinge of regret.

Ever since that happened, his stock has fallen dramatically. He had a more than good thing here - legend status, had just kept us in the Prem comfortably, and there was a good feeling around the club for the whole of his tenure. In my mind, it''s the most enjoyable period I''ve had in 25 years supporting this club. No one will ever know where we''d be now if he had continued his work.

I actually think he will leave the Stoke job now they''re down. He seems to have got a bit of a reputation now for going to clubs half way through a season and then buggers off at the end.

It hasn''t all turned out quite as rosy as PL expected after leaving NCFC. Grass not always greener, etc.

Greatest ever manager by a country mile

No manager in club history achieved back to back promotions, kept us in the premier league whilst playing swashbuckling football the like if we haven''t seen since

What a man no wonder he is referred to as the Messiah

We would have had to have been in the third tier of english football for anyone else to have had that chance in the first place ....which we hadn''t been for 50 years.

Ken Brown got us promoted and then finished 5th on the top division the season after.....and won the league cup.

Dave stringer got us to 4th in the top division and got to 2 fa cup semi finals

Mike walker got us to 3rd in the top league and into the 3rd round of the uefa cup

....not sure why lambert would be elevated above those?