Bristol City £7,032

Brentford £6,913

Sheff Utd £6,268

Bolton £6,208

Burton £4,559

Preston £4,276

Millwall £4,017

Barnsley £3,882

Before people decide to discuss these, I have to confess that these figures have come from Twitter, and I have not verified them in any shape or form, but as Mrs Crabby is watching another cookery programme, I had lost the will to live, and just wanted to distract my self, so just got stuck in and started typing........

If true, there are some interesting correlations between spend, and League position. e.g. Cardiff, Millwall, PNE and Sheff Utd, and of course, Sunderland (possibly down to Jack Rodwell alone)

For those in the ''know'' am I right in saying that Naismith''s wages would heavily add to our figure?

I would say villa and Sunderland is on low side

Rodwell is 70 k a week there so other players will be on good money and people like John Terry at villa will be on a very good wage

when Sunderland down Rodwell will be on 40k a week and that will break the record for lg1

I wonder who gets included in this. Does it include Cantwell or Naismith for instance?

I''d imagine if we included all the players who have appeared on the bench at least this season, it''d be a bit lower. I think Total Wage Bill would be way more telling. You could have the highest average wage in the league but if you only need 18 players, then all is good.

Crabby"For those in the ''know'' am I right in saying that Naismith''s wages would heavily add to our figure?"

This will be fun 😉

I imagine most of this is no more than guesswork and thus pretty worthless as a discussion point.

[quote user="ricardo"]I imagine most of this is no more than guesswork and thus pretty worthless as a discussion point.[/quote]Good job we have a poster on here who knows all about wage structures and contracts who will no doubt be along to put this all into perspective. [;)]

Norwich City only publicly provides two figures for wages, and then for the season gone, whereas these figures presumably are for the current season. From neither of those figures is it possible to work out an average NCFC weekly player wage.Last season''s staff costs figure was £55m, for all 306 employees, which gives an average weekly wage of  just under £3,500. The figure for player wages was £37.5m, but there is no indication as to how many players are included in that calculation. The club employed 137 football staff, but obviously not all are players.If you assumed that, say, 80 of those are players that would give a rough weekly wage of £9,000. But I suspect these twitter figures refer to the first-team squad. Perhaps they come from agents, or the PFA, assuming they are not just guesswork.

so £17.5m was spent on non footballing staff, of which there are 137.

£17.5m split between 137 people is £127,737 a piece! Who the hell are we paying that to?!

As for players, 80 may be players but only about 30 of them will be on notable money with the other 50 being youth players on a few bob a week, so basically about 30 senior players make up 95% of that £55m (call it a nice, convenient £51m) and that means the average salary for a senior player is about £17k a week.

I suspect Naismith is on £45k a week with a few others sitting nicely in the 30''s like Klose and Oliveira which probably mitigates the likes of Lewis or Zimmermann on a couple of grand a week.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]so £17.5m was spent on non footballing staff, of which there are 137.

£17.5m split between 137 people is £127,737 a piece! Who the hell are we paying that to?!

As for players, 80 may be players but only about 30 of them will be on notable money with the other 50 being youth players on a few bob a week, so basically about 30 senior players make up 95% of that £55m (call it a nice, convenient £51m) and that means the average salary for a senior player is about £17k a week.

I suspect Naismith is on £45k a week with a few others sitting nicely in the 30''s like Klose and Oliveira which probably mitigates the likes of Lewis or Zimmermann on a couple of grand a week.[/quote]No quite. There were 162 non-football staff, plus one paid director (ie the chief executive) rather than 137, and you cannot take away the £37.5m figure from the £55m figure to get £17.5m for non-footballers, because they don''t refer to the same thing. The former is for player wages, while the latter is for all staff costs, which does not only mean wages but social security and pensions costs, for example.And even if about 30 senior players make up 95 percent of the player wage bill (in general the first-team squad will indeed take most of the money) that would be 95 per cent of the £37.5m rather than 95 per cent of  your notional £51m.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]No quite. There were 162 non-football staff, plus one paid director (ie the chief executive) rather than 137, and you cannot take away the £37.5m figure from the £55m figure to get £17.5m for non-footballers, because they don''t refer to the same thing. The former is for player wages, while the latter is for all staff costs, which does not only mean wages but social security and pensions costs, for example.And even if about 30 senior players make up 95 percent of the player wage bill (in general the first-team squad will indeed take most of the money) that would be 95 per cent of the £37.5m rather than 95 per cent of  your notional £51m.[/quote]
Was good to see you on Question Time last night Martin [;)]

Fair enough, my error quoting the £55m.

That £17.5m still seems a hell of a lot though!

30 players sharing £36m sounds a bit better at least, £12k average each. Mad how Naismith is essentially taking about 4 players worth of wages a week, a frustratingly poor buy really.

Bad maths again by me... uni obviously taught me a lot...

£1.2m a year average player salary if assuming 30 players cost us £36m. That boils down to a staggering £23.5k a week which when you think about Naismith, Klose etc. probably makes more sense.

We know quite a lot about this from this season''s AGM. We sold or released 12 players*, whose weekly salary totalled £293k, which is about £24,500 a week (£24,417). This gives some indication of the wage level of the players that have been here for longer.We replaced these (at the time of the meeting) with 10 players whose total salary was £120k per week - £12,000 on average.***John Ruddy; Ryan Bennett; Seb Bassong; Youssouf Mulumbu; Kyle Lafferty; Steven Whittaker; Michael Turner; Jonny Howson; Declan Rudd; Graham Dorrans; Jacob Murphy; Tony Andreu** James Husband; Marcel Franke; Christoph Zimmermann; Mario Vrancic; Marley Watkins; Marco Stiepermann; Tom TrybullGrant Hanley; Angus Gunn; Harrison Reed

Ricardo - the figures I gave are not speculation - they were given by Steve Stone.

Bog cleaners can earn as much as £275 p.w

They are not very effluent then.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Bog cleaners can earn as much as £275 p.w. There could be a couple of them included....[/quote]I understand one of the perks of the job though is a limitless supply of bog rolls to take home every night. [:P]

There were rarely any left at the end of the night Tilly. You Larkmanites used to get the blame but I always said "don''t judge" 🙃

[quote user="ricardo"]Pointless speculation[/quote]

I think that Alexander Armstrong might leave, that''s Pointless speculation

I think the club should publish what each player earns in the Annual report. We should be open and transparent about wages. Fans have a right to know in my opinion, as directly or indirectly we pay the wages to a large extent. Taxpayers pay my wages, and taxpayers can access what I am paid via Freedom of information. NCFC is a private company, but I am a shareholder.

Would that be for everyone who works at our club or just the players Corbs.
I gotta say that when I was cleaning bogs I used to get ever so slightly annoyed when those who soiled the pan informed me they paid my wages...

Given the received wisdom that the wage bill league table should broadly translate to the actual league position, is it fair to say we''ve badly under performed this season?

Or does this only apply when you''re in the Prem?