Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

A work in progression?

As I posted on the match thread, there has been no progress at all. It''s the same performance we saw in August and throughout the season. Nothing has changed.

Even worse, I’d be happier if I could see some signs of getting better. What honestly what will be different next year?

Sadly It''s the typical performance without Tettey. Take out Hanley aswell and thats basically our only two players who can dig in and scrap. More players are going to have to play with a higher intensity and agression if things are to improve next season. We keep hearing about dominating games, if we really want to do that the team is going to have to learn to do the ugly stuff first.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Or a work in regression?[/quote]so doff binner !

I just wish the club realised we only dominate possession because the opposition let us keep the ball in our own half which is mainly where we play! Because they know we won''t hurt them.

There is no progress to be seen here. It will take a miracle to get this club back into the PL from where we are now. I’ve seen nothing of this management team to suggest they can produce miracles

[quote user="glory.win or die."]I just wish the club realised we only dominate possession because the opposition let us keep the ball in our own half which is mainly where we play! Because they know we won''t hurt them.[/quote]
Sorry but this is nuts. We had 20 shots on goal and 14 corners today. Yet we rarely look like scoring and that''s where the problem lies.

Sorry but this is nuts. We had 20 shots on goal and 14 corners today. Yet we rarely look like scoring and that''s where the problem lies.

I agree. But why doesn''t DF agree with us. Our strikers are poor I agree but they do need support and by the time they get it, there is normally plenty of cover.

I don''t always take the stats for granted. 20 shots could be 16 high wide and ugly form 25 yards.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Sorry but this is nuts. We had 20 shots on goal and 14 corners today. Yet we rarely look like scoring and that''s where the problem lies.

I agree. But why doesn''t DF agree with us. Our strikers are poor I agree but they do need support and by the time they get it, there is normally plenty of cover.

I don''t always take the stats for granted. 20 shots could be 16 high wide and ugly form 25 yards.[/quote]
The 20 shots were mostly unthreatening. That was my second point.  My initial point was that we don''t play most of our football in the opposition half. In fact we probably spent more time in their half. However when they got into our half they usually did look threatening. The problem is our lack of bite in the final third. Even the 5th goal came from a position where we had a great chance to score and didn''t even shoot.

The 20 shots were mostly unthreatening. That was my second point. My initial point was that we don''t play most of our football in the opposition half. In fact we probably spent more time in their half. However when they got into our half they usually did look threatening. The problem is our lack of bite in the final third. Even the 5th goal came from a position where we had a great chance to score and didn''t even shoot.

There has got to be a change next season Double N. We seem to be one step behind everyone else. Yes Huddersfield played that way last season but we aren''t Huddersfield and our personnel are not as good as theirs.

I''m afraid I''m in Ricardo''s camp that we simply aren''t good enough. And I haven''t been too impressed with our recruitment this season. So I do worry about next with Wes and probably Maddison gone and no real flair in the middle.

It’s attricious. Embarrassing performance once again against a really poor side. League 1 beckons. Terrible managerial appointment again. Same mistakes by the board time and time again.

[quote user="coops"]It’s attricious. Embarrassing performance once again against a really poor side. League 1 beckons. Terrible managerial appointment again. Same mistakes by the board time and time again.[/quote]

I''m not sure how completely changing the coaching set up is the same mistake?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]The 20 shots were mostly unthreatening. That was my second point. My initial point was that we don''t play most of our football in the opposition half. In fact we probably spent more time in their half. However when they got into our half they usually did look threatening. The problem is our lack of bite in the final third. Even the 5th goal came from a position where we had a great chance to score and didn''t even shoo

There has got to be a change next season Double N. We seem to be one step behind everyone else. Yes Huddersfield played that way last season but we aren''t Huddersfield and our personnel are not as good as theirs.

I''m afraid I''m in Ricardo''s camp that we simply aren''t good enough. And I haven''t been too impressed with our recruitment this season. So I do worry about next with Wes and probably Maddison gone and no real flair in the middle.[/quote]

They played at a far quicker pace and got forward better and scored, apart from Webber there are no similarities at all.

Yep. The comparisons to what Huddersfield have done are utterly irrelevant and complete nonsense. If if were as simple as rinse and repeat a successful formula then surely Lambert must have Villa in the Champions League by now...

We have improved - but not linearly. This is mainly due to injuries.

Today we had no Tettey, a Trybull who has just got back & no Vrancic, who has improved a lot defensively & was just starting to look like he could function as a DM.

We always miss Tettey. Nobody else has his ability to spot danger & snuff it out at source. He has excellent positional sense to go with his power which means he rarely has to make a tackle - I''ve seen him force opposition players back 40 yards by closing down any passing opportunities.

Even today we had good spells, but a lot of our players couldn''t be asked once the second goal went in. Poor old Christoph had a stinker, which I think was mostly down to inexperience & being a bit rusty after injury.

And yes, I know there is a mountain to climb in terms of putting our chances away. But now we ARE creating chances, whereas before we weren''t, & overall our pace in attack is much quicker. At least everyone understands the problem we need to solve this summer. Over to Farke & Webber.

Onward & upward!

Totally agree. Loads of possession has = 0 points for us so many times this season. If I see another goal against us when our full back are still in the oppositions half of the pitch I’ll throw my dads season ticket in Farke’s face.

Scoring goals wins games.

Not improved linearly? We have not improved at all.. we have gone backwards and will continue to do so.

Thanks Fenway Frank I too look forward to your insightful contributions...

How can you say we''ve gone backwards since the beginning of the season?

We have improved - with a fully fit team. Don''t forget Klose & Pritchard were both out for months. Tettey was not played & then got injured.

It''s unfortunate that Oliveira''s stopped scoring, since that''s our biggest problem. And that''s because we don''t get enough men in their box quickly enough.

They look completely clueless going forwards, it''s gotta be said. Onel Hernandez for all his running has zero end product and Murphy can''t seem to grow up and learn to make a good decision.

As for Nelson, sooner he''s gone, the better, absolute waste of space.

Yet Farke persists with Oliveira, who quite frankly has been utter carp all season. I can only assume he''s made up his mind that Srbeny isn''t the answer (which he probably isn''t) but not giving him game and really get up to speed in the Championship seems rather strange.