Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

City v Sheff W match thread

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="kick it off"]Thank god it''s over.
Absolutely gutted for Burton - it''s an easy away day for me so double blow there. Hoping Villa and Derby lose in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Where are you from Kick it off? I grew up in Burton[/quote]
Worcester originally but been in the East Mids for about 10 years now. Currently in Nottingham but only 5 mins from A52 so can be in Derby in about 15 mins. Burton ground takes me about 35 mins door to door.

the commitment was there, the goals weren''t

Heard that so many times this season but nothing done to alter it.

Funny how Jerome can make an impact at Derby.

Commitment my ass. I was there today and Oliveira and Murphy couldn''t have given a f%ck. Their beast put himself about with only half their pace and scored a hat trick. Oliveira is like Dracula faced with a cross - he disappears.

Middling from Leitner; on thsat showing Vrancic offers more.

On a positive, Trybull is someone to build around next year, the summer break should see Lewis re-boot his head, and Hernandez looks more of a threat each game.

Tactically though Farke should watch a few videos over the break of championship winning teams of the past - and realise it takes more than possession to gt out of this division.

Totally dominant performance. Sixty percent possession twenty odd shots away from home.

Only two shots on target.

I''d feel embarrassed to draw my money this week if I''d have played - if you can call that playing...

Oh Klose is so clinical in the opposition box, perhaps he is the solution to the striking issue.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]the commitment was there, the goals weren''t

Heard that so many times this season but nothing done to alter it.

Funny how Jerome can make an impact at Derby.[/quote]
Took his goal beautifully today. Played through on the counter and he drew the keeper into going down then smashed it over him into the roof of the net.

I do find it annoying that we signed Raggett as a promising CB. Goodness me he is 24!

Zimmerframe has the odd good game and is lauded as top class when we all know in reality he is awful.

Klose and Hanley along with another could form a decent back three. So still no Raggett even though the Owls said they would give fringe players a chance.

And we played the same old boring system of one incompetent striker on his own with hot and cold Murphy and Forrest Gump Hernandez supposed to be supporting and supplying.

Surely even the most optimistic who have said it will be better next season must be worried about what has happened this season and how it will transform into improvement.

Farke said when he signed that he played possession football with strong defence and great entertainment.

Well to misquote Meatloaf, one out of three ain''t bad.

I think we may have all got suckered in to the idea that he is German and from Dortmund so he must be good.

Pretty spot on KG.

I''m staggered by that stat of the 20 shots to be honest. I don''t remember us having that many. We seem to tip tap around with no tempo that by the time we do get a shot on goal, it''s a Nelson special from 30 yards out that 99 times out of 100 ends up nearer the corner flag.

To add to that, there was one moment when Nelson had the exact same chance Nuhiu scored from in the first half though he managed to head miles over. There is a severe lack of final product from all our attackers this season, endless overhit crosses, slow passes that miss the key runs, embarrassing finishing, Onel Hernandez summed up when he chose to square it to nobody when he was one on one about 6 yards out.

I won''t be rushing back next season.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"] To add to that, there was one moment when Nelson had the exact same chance Nuhiu scored from in the first half though he managed to head miles over. .[/quote]
I''m afraid you''re misremembering TJ - Nelson didn''t head it miles over, that would have been an improvement on his actual effort which looped up in the air.... backwards and landed around the penalty spot. Seriously can''t wait to be shot of him, absolutely bloody useless. 

It is really frustrating to watch and I just hope next season doesn’t turn into another year of excuses.

Farke was brought in as a first team coach. He brought in his own coaching team. A few players departed, a few new faces arrived. It’s hardly revolutionary stuff in modern day football.

He inherited and/or signed some decent Championship players. Gunn - One of the most promising goalkeepers in the country.

Klose/Hanley - Potential to be a class Championship pairing.

Tettey - Over 30 but still one of the best DM’s at this level.

Maddison - One of, if not the best player in the league.

Oliveira - Looked class last season, full of confidence, energy and goals.

I’m no expert but I’m sure any manager worth his money at this level could’ve looked at the spine of this team and been capable of building something half decent from it.

In the space of a year we’ve gone from sacking Alex Neil for not achieving promotion, to accepting mid table mediocrity from Farke. Sad to see really.

Well we all better get used to it......

We''re now a self-funding club......Or are we to be, a self-floundering club?.......Only time will tell.....

Nephew Tom all groomed and ready, is waiting in the wings......

But he''ll be without tuppence ha''penny......