Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Drury, Hughes and Jarvis to bolster team

By Saturdays game at Plymouth, although Hucks will be absent, we could see the return of up to 3 good players, all of whom could prove significant.The left back position is crying out for Drury''s pace advantage and positional sense after an error-prone spell from Charlton.We need more muscle in central mid and what I''ve seen of Hughes this season I have to say I''ve been impressed with. He throws himself around, he''s a real "all-action player" who intimidates the opposition and anyone labelling him "the new Holt" obviously wasn''t there to see him set up Ashton''s goal in Palace game, where he demonstrated his ability to go past players and produce a killer ball.Up front we have been struggling, I don''t think anyone needs reminding of that, and here we can welcome Jarvis'' return to fitness. If he can create the kind of magic he did against Liverpool last season I for one will welcome it. And someone might like to remind Worthy that McVeigh is another option up front.Oh, and when Louis-jean returns to fitness Collin can operate in central defence, as was pointed out when he was bought.

[quote]By Saturdays game at Plymouth, although Hucks will be absent, we could see the return of up to 3 good players, all of whom could prove significant.The left back position is crying out for Drury''s pace...[/quote]

These three will certainly bolster the thin squad.   For the PAFC game I would recall Drury and save the other two for the bench assuming they come through the reserve game ok.

Ryan has been out for a while and is bound to be rusty for a couple of games and Hughes is yet to convince me so I would start Marney with safri and keep hughes for the second half.

Assuming no magic hat loan signings I think NW should start with

Green

Colin  Doc  Shackell  Drury

McVeigh Safri Marney Brennan

Ashton   Mackenzie

Subs

Ward Charlie Hughes Ry Jarvis Jarrett

If Leon has another off day move Mcveigh up front and maney out wide and bring Jarrett or Hughes in to partner Safri.

If Ashton is injured then Leon and McVeigh to start up front, Jarrett in the middle and Marney on the right

OTBC

Well thats pretty crazy IMO.I would return Drury to the starting line and play Charlton up front in place of the injured Mackenzie. Simon''s ariel ability will give us a much needed edge in the opponents box.This crazy Eddie doesn''t know what he is talking about.Hughes only ever gives the ball away while Jarvis should farmed out on loan.