Sign in to follow this  
Barclay Boy

Get real, everybody...

Get real, everybody, did you really think we could go through the entire season losing just four games? What a spineless lot some of you are. One poor performance, and the cries of "We don''t deserve to get promoted" and "I don''t feel like being a supporter any more" go up. The headline: "wake-up call" is the most positive thing to take from yesterday - and certainly you so-called supporters who barracked Henderson and who come on the bulletin boards with your doom and gloom postings have no place in the Club. And to read the comment: "Maybe Huckerby isn''t the answer after all...". Please, take yourselves down to Port*** Road, that''s where you really belong. I can''t believe you are the same people who were cheering the arrival of Huckerby, victory over Ips***, the thumping of Derby and the second-half murdering (to use Flem''s words) of Everton. Let''s learn the lessons from yesterday, and move on.

Well said Barclay, even Man Uni**d lose a game or two, it''s done, the players will get the kick up the arse they deserve and we''ll get back to business. And if anyone seating near me gives Hendo any crap then theyre in for a mouthfull from me, the lad is doing his best considering his tender years, do we want to destroy his confidence?? Like Barclay said, stop your whining, these are the most exciting times for a long while to be a canary, hold your heads high and get behind the team!

Well spoken Barclay Boy,its just one game,lets see what happens the next couple of weeks before we all get upset and angry.As for Hendo, I was embarrassed at the comments/barracking he got.Ok he had a bad game and needs a rest but that critisism would have really dented his confidence and set him back.I have to be honest, he is not one of my favourite players, but how people can boo their own players and yell negative comments at them I will never know.

Spot on!!! Barclay Boy.

I was at the match yesterday, I was very disappointed with the lack of support showed to raise the player''s game. Someone behind me shouted when Huckerby got the ball "stop hogging it and pass it", and taunts at poor little boy Hendo, who obviously has played too much footy over the xmas period and needs a rest!!!!!

We do not want any of that negative support at this critical time of the campaign, people like that should go and p**s off and go and support that well run little club in Suffolk (can''t wait to hear about their share issue on Jan 19th)

We will lose games it''s a fact, but let''s move on onwards and upwards, we don''t need part-time support!!!!!!!!

Let''s support the boy''s like we did when we 1-0 down at Everton.

OTBC

I was so surprised at the volume level at Carrow Road on Saturday. You could feel the tension and frustration in the air. The lads play better when the fans are shouting support. I remember Flecky waving his arms frantically at the Barclay end once against Huddersfield (I think) when it was 0-0 and the noise level went up ten fold. We went on to beat them and the opposition felt the pressure of Carrow Road when it was loud and very intimidating. I know it''s easy to get negative when things go wrong but I know we''ll bounce back! Let''s get the volume level back up and let''s keep it positive!!! COME ON!

Scott Richmond - here''s a very simple fact, we are not Man United, they are the best team in England, and yes they have lost the odd game you wouldn''t expect them to lose - it happens, it''s called football and the more observant fans will realise this is what happens and in a way it is what makes this un-predictable games so wonderful. I think some Norwich fans are acting like Man U fans at the moment, the sort of moronic pathetic whinging ater 1 loss that just isn''t needed, without the lossing you wouldn''t appreciate the winning! Remember all you moaning to**ers, we are in fact top off Div 1, lets support our team and that includes through the rough times too.

Great post Barclay boy and thank god the follow up posts seem to echo your sentiments. Saturday was indeed a dissapointment on and more worryingly off the pitch. The behaviour and naivity of some so called fans was breathtaking, Do they really think that by constantly slagging of our own ''boys'' they are actually going to have a positive effect on their performance? Fat chance. I have a season ticket in the Barclay upper and I have to say that the general level of support/knowledge in this area of the ground is atrocious, Not just on Saturday but throughout the whole campaign.One bloke spent 10 mins on Sat slagging off somebody called ''Huckleby'' !!
Is it just me or are our away days so much more enjoyable? Proper fans supporting the boys throughout the 90mins, A real togetherness about the whole occasion. Moaners take note, You are not wanted or needed, Nobody will miss you, Stay and support or leave and let someone else take your seat (Plenty are waiting). This problem is causing disharmony in the ranks and must be stamped on now.

Well said Skip180, I am based in Leicestershire which means I don''t see many home games and to be honest I think i''m glad. It would be nice if some of these morons who spend too much time slagging players off actually went on the pitch and tried it themselves! We all have off days but don''t have thousands of people shouting abuse at us. I don''t understand why some people seem to think we have a right to win games, if we did it would be a dull game. Yeah admitedly I shout from time to time if we are truely dire, or if players really do look disinterested, but this is rare, sometimes we are just beaten by a team that plays well and gets the tactics right on the day. We are top of the league still and need positive support, I didn''t realise the average memory of a footy fan was similar to that of a goldfish, and to be honest they probably share a similar IQ....!

whatever your views on the players or manager when it gets to 3.00 pm on Saturday we all need to unite and support the team, after all I think we are all after the same goal aren''t we?

Most of whats been said regarding this thread makes sense. The fact that the boys lost is now history. The way they lost is, and should be implanted in their memories. The realisation should be that we as a team are good when we work hard and win the Mid field. But It is unacceptable for us to think that to just turn up is enough. We must go out to dominate from the first whistle. We were so off the pace it was unbelievable.

Morty,

That fact that losing to lesser teams is not acceptable at Old Trafford is what makes them the best team in the country.

I don''t expect us to win every game we play. I''d be the first to admit that on paper West Brom, Sheff Utd, Sunderland, Ipswich, Reading, West Ham look better teams

I think it''s fair to criticise the team after a gutless peformance where they are outbattled and outplayed at home by a team on the verge of bankrupcy, and in all probability are going to be relegated.

Almost everyone has some good points on here. I was disappointed (understatement) this weekend at how the team performed and at how some sections of the crowd performed in certain respects (no need to go over the same ground again). I couldn''t believe my ears when I heard some supposed City fan saying that Hucks was a waste of money as I left the ground. (Wish I was a bit taller than 5 foot 4, then I might have stood a chance of hitting him at the source of the comment!). I also couldn''t believe how quiet things were almost throughout the game. Surely a wall of noise (ok there wasn''t a lot to get excited about for various reasons, but there''s no harm in trying to create some sort of atmosphere) would have inspired something to happen out there, even if it was just that we went down bursting every blood vessel in the process!
Anyway, it''s gone... over, and everyone involved must learn from it, us included. (I''m sure Worthy and his staff will be doing everything possible to put things right for next weekend, and we should all trust him to do that. It is his job, and if the players are the people I think they are they will do all in their power to get something creditable out of the game at Rotherham). I don''t believe that it will be through lack of effort overall that we may ultimately fail...and we do have to face the fact that we might fail eventually, although it would be a catastrophic decline in form over the next 3 months that would see us not even make the play-offs. However, I prefer to see things in a more positive light. We are still top by two points...and would any of you not taken that if offered at the start of the season? All of the top teams still have to play the majority of their main rivals (lots of twists and turns to come then), and we have players of real quality now, even more so than when we got to Cardiff in 2002.
What have I learned from Saturday? Well, that even though I continue to get strange looks from those around me, I will continue to shout for my team and encourage individuals within it, even if they are not my personal favourites. One of the things I think we have as a big advantage over some of our rivals is our togetherness, and that''s right from the boardroom, to the manager/staff and the squad, down to us humble (?!) fans. West Brom have shown recently how anxiety can creep into all areas of a club and affect performances. I am sure that the majority of us wouldn''t want that to happen to us, so please let''s show a united front and really get behind the team. After Saturday that is what they need most, not the slagging off that has gone on in the heat of the moment from some people who perhaps needed to take a day or two to sit back and think about it more rationally. Leave the anger/disappointment bit to Worthy, and perhaps give yourself a minute to be proud of what has been achieved so far, and TRY to look forward to what might be yet to come! (The P word is banned in my house and at work. I hope that will help us succeed in the end. How fantastic would that be?!!!!)