Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

The saddest thing about today

The performance was rubbish today in what has been a below average season

But what dawned on me as I was driving back from the game today that this season is probably as good as it gets for a number of years and in 5 years time we will look back on this season as a highlight

Delia really has a lot to answer for and urgent far eastern investment is needed

You are a massive f. ing troll usually but sadly you are right.

So lets follow the example of Barnsley with their several billions worth of ownership. That did them shedloads of good didn''t it?

A stinking rich Chinese investor is the only way forward as it is becoming more obvious by the day that we are going backwards under the current set up.

We are exactly where the early stats predicted us to be. There were a couple of bright moments when things possibly looked on the up but they were false dawns and everything reverted to the mean. I shall take a look at the figures later but apart from Fulham and Millwall, the vast majority of teams finished no more than three or four spots from where they were after a third of the season.Its pointless getting upset about it because the powers that be have chosen a new direction and all we can do is hope that it bears fruit given time. For my part however, I take no pleasure in seeing my early season predictions come true. Sit back, this could be a very long haul.

No could about it ricardo as this is going to be a long haul. You and i have been around long enough to smell when things are not quite right around our club as we have witnessed many ups and downs over the decades and i am sorry to say i see nothing positive at the moment moving forward. In modern football money has become King and we have no money and the begging bowl coming out to fund Colney is a slippery slope in my book. Others will disagree no doubt.

I agree with Ricardo this will be a very long haul

We are falling behind at a frightening rate and the free fall will continue unless something fundamental changes

The final Alex Neil season will have been a stunning success

I just hope the over optimistics take a reality check and get behind the best interests of the club and persuade Delia to do the right thing and sell

The budgets we have means the margin for error is so small.

For us to challenge for the top 6, every transfer has to be a hit. This is hugely unlikely whoever is in charge of spending the money,

I have long felt that Delia is happier in the lower reaches of the leagues where there is less money. Whilst I initially welcomed the appointment of Webber I now have deep reservations the only man to knock Howson and say he didn''t want to play for Norwich (although Howson came and applauded the Norwich supporters after the boro game) then stated that Pritchard didn''t want to play for Norwich and after yesterdays performance one wonders if any of the players want to play for Norwich. The signings of Watkins and Husband make you wonder if he knows much about the way the coach wants to play.Farke - didn''t know anything about him before his appointment and after the Brighton friendly at the beginning of the season I thought there was some decent football played. His philosophy seems to be possession football which is great if you make most of the possession but what has he learnt - Millwall 25% possession Norwich 75% possession Millwall 4 goals Norwich 0 goals. Yesterday SW 40% possession Norwich 60% possession SW 5 goals Norwich 1 goal. For me this season we have seemed at our best when we attack at pace but unfortunately that has not happened enough, against Fulham at 2 - 0 down we were still playing tippy tappy football at the back.Not long ago Balls said the jury were still out on the new set up - when will he deliver the verdict.Lets hope next season gives us something to be a little more cheerful about.